Have been to Tenerife many times, over the years, and stayed all around the island's major resorts. This was the first stay in Costa Adeje and more specifically Playa Fanabe.
Was I impressed? Yes I was!
Right on the promenade equi-distance between Puerto Colon and El Duque Castle. Fronted by good beaches, bars & restaurants. Mostly flat paved walkway between the two. Higher quality feel to the Fanabe resort .While Puerto Colon is a bit down market and El Duque top notch 5 star.
513 rooms over multiple floors. The hotel is set out in a "Y" shape, lying on it's side, roughly on a west(back)/east(front) axis. Some of the accommodation(another 4 floors) is housed under the extensive pool area and accessed by 2 lifts which also lead down to the promenade. Impressive Greco/roman pillars front and back. 4 storey atrium and grand marble staircase down to the pool area. 2 Glass fronted lifts reach the 4 floors above reception. 0 being reception and 1 to 4 for the upper floors. Oddly the restaurant is one floor down, and access to the pool area, from reception but shown as level 4 in the lift. They get very busy at peak meal times.
Functional but gets crowded at peak times. Breakfast starts @ 07.30 and by 09.00 people are queuing so aim for 08.00/08.30. Not sure about lunch situation having stayed H/B.
Dinner is when it obvious that the restaurant has too small a capacity for the number of guests. Dinner is from 18.30 and the queues start @ 19.00. They were opening the doors 5 to 10 minutes earlier, during our stay, so we went down then to be able to pick the table we wanted and beat the rush.
Many sunbeds and parasols.(free sunbed towels in your room) A bit too close together for my liking compounded by the lower winter sun. The parasol bases are fixed and the poles are too long , for this time of year, and cast their shadow on your neighbour. Quite a few people, with little spacial awareness or basic knowledge of physics, were casting shadows 6 feet away from where required.
Twice each day there were sessions in the pool accompanied by loud music. 11.00 for 45 minutes of keep fit and 16.00 for water polo.. Some days were louder than others depending on the team member taking it. I'm not too keen on anything that disturbs my slumber but some seem to enjoy it. Nice pool/snack bar with shaded seating giving great views of sea and mountains.
Didn't bother too much with the entertainment which took place in the Princess Bar by the pool area entrance. Same issue on capacity as restaurant. Too small to accommodate all guests in one go. I allowed my place to Herr Gunter Lunch.
Oh,I nearly forgot to mention the TV. If you get withdrawal symptoms when not watching your favourite programmes- fear not! Probably for the first time ever a hotel that has all 5 of UK major channels. Amazing or what and no reception problems! We don't come abroad to watch TV but it's handy to have a home comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel in Costa Adeje features an extraordinary architecture. The Guayarmina Princess with its gigantic pillars is located directly at the boardwalk of Fanabe beach. Most of the balconies look out over the the beach, the sea or Costa Adeje; the popular resort in the south of Tenerife. The large outdoor pool with its turquoise waters and several beach entries is surrounded by various areas for sunbathing. One sun terrace is for adults only. Daily pool and sport activities are organized by the entertainment team and include aerobics, water aerobics, archery, darts and boules. Furthermore the hotel provides table tennis, multi-use court, billiard and squash court. For the little guests there’s a mini-club, mini-disco, children’s pool and a children's playground. The main restaurant Guayarmina with live-cooking offers buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Furthermore the Guayarmina Princess provides an A-la-carte-Restaurant La Palmera (Snacks & and a la carte meals) as well as 4 bars. The terraces of the Mojito Bar and Sunset Bar with their stylish, bright white furniture boast stunning sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guayarmina Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guayarmina Princess Costa Adeje
- Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Tenerife/Costa Adeje
- Hotel Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Hotel Tenerife