Large, impersonal hotel. They had gone out of their way to decorate the hotel for Christmas.
Our room (1042) had a balcony with sea view and I think the majority were the same. It was quiet and overlooked the adult only sunbathing area.Two plastic chairs and table provided on the balcony.The room was fresh and clean with sheets changed during our week stay. The shower was over/in the bath which may cause difficulty for some people. Maybe there are rooms with a walk in shower.Small soap and shower gel provided. The only complaint I had was the mattress which was too hard for me and I had to request a topper.
There were apparently approx 1000 people of all nationalities staying over Christmas and this caused some waiting for the evening meal. Get to the vast dining room early and you got a seat but by 7.30p.m. there was a queue. Both breakfast and dinner were buffet style with plenty of variety. Eat the salad and fruit if you want vitamins. Catering for so many made it impossible to provide well cooked vegetables.However because of the number of guests to be catered for the Christmas dinner was in two sittings with waiter service. We were allocated 9.15pm and I thought the main course had been cooked for the 6.15pm sitting and kept warm. Bit disappointing.
There was entertainment every evening, some better than others. The small stage area they were expected to perform on really limited what they could do and restricted performers such as the Chinese acrobats.
An abundance of sun beds round the pool and a separate area for adults only. You can get from the pool area right onto the promenade to walk off all that readily available food!
Would we go back? Probably. The hotel can tick all the boxes to get its 4 stars. For five stars it would have to do something about the vast overcrowded dining room and I don't see how they could rectify this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel in Costa Adeje features an extraordinary architecture. The Guayarmina Princess with its gigantic pillars is located directly at the boardwalk of Fanabe beach. Most of the balconies look out over the the beach, the sea or Costa Adeje; the popular resort in the south of Tenerife. The large outdoor pool with its turquoise waters and several beach entries is surrounded by various areas for sunbathing. One sun terrace is for adults only. Daily pool and sport activities are organized by the entertainment team and include aerobics, water aerobics, archery, darts and boules. Furthermore the hotel provides table tennis, multi-use court, billiard and squash court. For the little guests there’s a mini-club, mini-disco, children’s pool and a children's playground. The main restaurant Guayarmina with live-cooking offers buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Furthermore the Guayarmina Princess provides an A-la-carte-Restaurant La Palmera (Snacks & and a la carte meals) as well as 4 bars. The terraces of the Mojito Bar and Sunset Bar with their stylish, bright white furniture boast stunning sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Guayarmina Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guayarmina Princess Costa Adeje
- Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Tenerife/Costa Adeje
- Hotel Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Hotel Tenerife