We travelled as a family, myself, wife and two young children, I can honestly say that I arrived at this hotel full of dread, preparing myself for an onslaught of the “Birdie song” and all things reminiscent of my late 1970’s childhood Spanish package holidays, not that they were unpleasant times but I just didn’t want a repeat of it in my 40’s ! and I was soon to be proved wrong, it was a million miles from what I remembered ! We arrived at the hotel around 9pm just in time to snatch some dinner in what was a soon to be shutting restaurant, despite the time, there was plenty of choice on the buffet and the staff we really friendly and not at all bothered about us getting in late.
We went to our room and were quite disappointed with its position. It overlooked the road at the side of the hotel, it was more or less the same height as the footpath and road plus the room door faced the kitchen windows which were internal to the hotel, so 6am the next morning it was quite noisy. We spoke to the Thompson rep and reception and we moved to a room which was more or less by the side of the pool which was great, ideal for the kids and almost felt like a poolside villa. The room was spacious, the beds were a bit hard but I could live with it for a week.
This is a family hotel, if you don’t want kids around when you are on holiday then don’t come here ! But if you do come with kids it’s great. We hardly saw ours for the week, kids club was on twice a day plus the kids disco from 7-9pm. The hotel and pool areas are safe, clean and well supervised. Plenty of sun loungers but beware, get out early and get your towels down if you want a decent spot!!
The hotel entertainment was a bit cheesy but after a few vodkas it didn’t matter. The hotel entertainment staff gave it 110% both in the evenings and the kids clubs.
I’d give the food 8 out of 10, there was loads of choice and you will not go hungry. As ever the Brits piled up the chips and pizza’s but every night there was fresh fish or meat being grilled on demand by a chef, plus a great selection of deserts, cheeses, fruits etc. Breakfast was similar and although the dining hall was very busy most of the time, getting served was generally quick and again the staff were great and nothing was too much trouble.
I’d return to this hotel in the blink of an eye, everything was good and I’d definitely recommend it if you want a decent family holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel in Costa Adeje features an extraordinary architecture. The Guayarmina Princess with its gigantic pillars is located directly at the boardwalk of Fanabe beach. Most of the balconies look out over the the beach, the sea or Costa Adeje; the popular resort in the south of Tenerife. The large outdoor pool with its turquoise waters and several beach entries is surrounded by various areas for sunbathing. One sun terrace is for adults only. Daily pool and sport activities are organized by the entertainment team and include aerobics, water aerobics, archery, darts and boules. Furthermore the hotel provides table tennis, multi-use court, billiard and squash court. For the little guests there’s a mini-club, mini-disco, children’s pool and a children's playground. The main restaurant Guayarmina with live-cooking offers buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Furthermore the Guayarmina Princess provides an A-la-carte-Restaurant La Palmera (Snacks & and a la carte meals) as well as 4 bars. The terraces of the Mojito Bar and Sunset Bar with their stylish, bright white furniture boast stunning sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guayarmina Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guayarmina Princess Costa Adeje
- Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Tenerife/Costa Adeje
- Hotel Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Hotel Tenerife