Came home from this hotel last night (Fri 29th Mar) and in the main, enjoyed it.We stayed a week, we'd noticed this hotel over a year ago and said we'd choose it if we ever went back to Costa Adeje after using the Dream Villa Tagoro last time.
First impressions.. nice place, reception very pleasant at check-in. Reception to the right as you go in the entrance then a long corridor with plenty seating for guests, Wi-Fi zone and a bar at the other end with an outside terracewhich had a guitarist or keyboardist playing there every night, pleasant place for an evening drink after your meal.
The Hotel was very clean and fresh, cleaners constantly sweeping and wiping around and the terrace barstaff very friendly, smiling and happy to have a chat, that goes for all staff throughout the hotel so a special mention for them. Barstaff prefer to serve you at a table rather than people standing in a queue , this was in the downstairs bar in the entertainment room. We found this hall to be quite small with only a few rows of seats towards the stage, there are other seated areas round the sides of it though with tv screens showing whats on stage if you get a bad seat.
The food was a bit of a let-down, particularly at lunchtime when only half the restaurant is used, maybe only partly open for A.I. customers though. The choice was pretty limited but overall the food improved over the week so didn't need to eat out as we thought we might have to.
Our room was spotlessly clean and fresh, decent size also including bathroom. We had BBC World News, ITV (southwest England), Sky News and BBC1. I did e-mail the hotel before going to request a poolview and received a reply next day saying we hadn't originally booked that but could go to travel agent to change. We took our chances and didn't bother in the hope they might but as it turned out, glad they didn't. Our room was above the entrance to the hotel with a beautiful view of the hills and lights, music from the downstairs terrace and the sun all day, we could sit at night watching the world go by.
Around the pool there's a bar open during the day and a snack bar with the usual burgers, hotdogs, cakes etc just off the main restaurant. Plenty sunbeds, no need for a mad rush to bag one and when the pool shaded early afternoon the rooftop terrace with synthetic grass, wicker furniture and sunbeds and a bar was peaceful with the sun all day. There was a cordoned-off section for nudist bathers if that floats your boat and also a couple of plunge pools which were not heated and the railings were all loose which was an accident waiting to happen. The main pool is heated with a rubber underlay.
On level -1 below the reception level there's a sauna (9e per halfhour) steam room, kids play area, tv for football fans,arcade games, massage, those fishtank things for cleaning your feet, conference hall and two courtesy rooms, toilets and luggage room. All in all we had a good time here despite a few niggles, you are asked for your room number everytime you want a drink, they mark your A.I. band with your room number at check-in, not very secure if others saw it or overheard it while telling the staff it and when entering the restaurant you are asked if you'd prefer to sit inside or outside (outside is still actually inside but separated and overlooks the pool, maybe they open the sliding windows during high season) but you get used to it. The final thing is that they have their own photostaff and they can be a pain while sunbathing as they always appear round the pool taking pics, never known this before. Would I use this hotel again? Yes, I think we would despite the few niggles, we did enjoy the place overall and the great weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel GF FAÑABE**** is an ideal establishment to enjoy the services it offers, but we would like to recommend that you leave yourself in the hands of its professionals, personal, friendly and familiar attention that will make you feel right at home. For anything you may need, please don’t hesitate to ask and you will get an excellent service from one of our staff who will attend to you immediately and efficiently. You will miss them when you leave the hotel and you will remember the little things they did to take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your GF Fanabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fanabe Hotel Tenerife
- Fanabe Costa Sur Adeje
- Hotel Fanabe Tenerife
- Hotel Fanabe Costa Sur
- Fanabe Costa Sur Tenerife
- Fanabe Costa Sur Hotel Tenerife
- GF Fanabe Tenerife/Costa Adeje