“Good Budget Holiday”

Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Bellshill
“Good Budget Holiday”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here from the 18th-28th December all inclusive. We paid £600 each which is a fair price when you consider it was Christmas. we had a `great informal experience at the hotel just what we were looking for. I like the resort of Costa Adeje as its quiet and spotlessly clean. Behind us was the Plaza de Duque which has all the designer shops if you can afford them but if like me you prefer a bargain then the market is right next to the hotel on a Thursday and Saturday 9.00am-2.00pm. The tourist train is right outside the hotel if you want to go down into Playa Las Americas but you can walk it in about 45 mins. This is also a very wheelchair and mobility friendly hotel.

The hotel is spotlessly clean the cleaners never have a broom or a cloth out their hands. The bar and restaurant staff are exactly the same very very hard working people who deserve a big pay increase the nicest staff I have met on any of my holidays.

There are two areas for sunbathing. One on the rooftop is suppose to be adults only (people still take their kids up) which is very quiet. The other has the main pool were most of the families with children stayed. The animation team keep everybody busy at this pool, they are friendly and funny team who try their best. You can also pay a hire deposit of 10 euro per towel and get clean pool towels everyday the 10 euros is refunded at the end of your hoilday. There are plenty of sunbeds but it's the usual people reserve them and then leave for half of the day. This is very annoying.

The rooms are cleaned everyday and are spotlessly clean. Yes the furnishings are a wee bit old looking now but what do you want in a room. The beds were very comfortable and our balcony was a suntrap. You also have BBC1 and ITV on the tv. We could also get the wifi in our room.

The restaurant staff work extremely hard. The food is good unless you are really fussy. Its the first time I have had steak about 6 times on holiday. The breakfast doesn't have fried sausages but has everything else omelettes are made to order and you had freshly cooked crepes. I only had to wait a few minutes for any eggs or crepes. The Christmas day gala dinner was plentiful and varied, turkey in plum sauce was tasty.

We chose all inclusive as there was only £20 difference from that to half board and usually we will leave the hotel for a few dinners or lunch but we never had to do this on the holiday.

We enjoyed this holiday and we will return to Costa Adeje and maybe this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right hand side of the hotel, facing the pool are suntraps.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank lesleyforest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,232)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed from 22nd to 29th December. I took 2 my daughters for Christmas holiday. Location is pretty good and easy access to beach , restaurant eating and buying something The room is large enough , which was good point but TV did not work at first. I tried to fix by adjusting cable then somehow I could watch but I believe it was not my job. Also safety box was charged !!! also I was told pool towel is charged.. I did not add lunch and dinner option and it was lucky for me as hotel lunch and dinner was buffet style, which was not expected and as I wrote, there are many good restaurants.

1 Thank SugiTakachan
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've just got back from an excellent two weeks full board holiday in the Fanabe hotel. The food was very good indeed and sufficiently varied. They do different cuisines on different nights. They were all good but the Canaries one with lots of fresh fish was the best. (A note for the kitchens: mint sause is make from mint (herbabuena), vinegar, water and sugar.) I'm not sure what you were making but it wasn't mint sause!)
The rooms were large and clean and beds comfortable. The staff were polite and friendly and very nice to our two kids. The pool is pleasant and fortunately is heated in winter.
The only down is the look of the hotel. It is really ugly on the outisde but the inside is fine.
I would recommend it for a family holiday to anyone.

2 Thank NewcastleRobert
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I just spent one week from the 16th -23 December. I took my 10 year old daughter and stayed half board. I think this hotel is excellent value for the money that I paid out. I echo the other reports as far as the general running of the hotel are concerned. I found it spotless. Throughout. (I never saw 1 cockroach, anywhere)....The rooms were made every day, when we had left our rooms. The main pool was brilliant (slightly heated) and perfect for swimmers and kids alike. Yes the sun loungers did present a slight problem, as only half the loungers caught the sun every day. But we always managed to find one each. Summer might cause a few problems though, with more people possibly. Nevertheless the roof sunbathing area allows sunbathing all day, and a nice pool /dip area as well as a bar anbd toilets. If i were going alone, i would opt for this as my choice of sunbathing. It was also more peaceful. Kids are allowed on roof, supervised only, but I think the hotel have got this about right. The staff were friendly enough, as was our Thomson rep. The food, was also fine. Plenty of choice although I felt that it was often repetitive. I could have ate here all week, but the daughter found the food too boring for her tastes, thus we ended up eating out a few nights (3 ) in total. Costa Adeje is an upmarket area of Tenerife, There is a very nice shopping centre a short walk away (Duque) shopping area, so if you want to spend money you can. On the other hand, I went on this holiday with an idea of spending less. I took about 200 Euros and 200 sterling. This was fine. We spent most of our time at the pool though and soaking up the sun. The evening entertainment was ok, but not really my scene, my daughter enjoyed the evening disco thing in the base,ment though. There was a safe facility in all rooms, and the rooms were immaculate. We. Who cares whether it is 3 or 4 star had a mountain view, which i thought was better. But the sun does not catch your balcony. Lots of German visitors the week i went, as well as Spanish.......and Brits. Weather was between about 24 and 31 C, which was about right for us, we had no rain . Complaints: not much to be honest. The only suggestion was that the evening kiddie disco & entertainment could be earlier, it was a bit late (mostly from about 9pm onwards)....But i guess its ok when you are on holiday. So not really a complaint. I would have liked to see more kids (food), stuff like chicken nuggets etc on the menu. But overall the whole experience was a good one.I would recommend the place to everyone. I don't care if its 3 or 4 star, as long as its clean and friendly. And this place was. I would definitely go on my own again...

Room Tip: you don't want the lower floors above the kitchens....choose the upper floors....overlooking mou...
4 Thank woodstar12
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Came home from a two week holiday here and I must say all round we had a super holiday,first of all the food was none repetitive for the whole holiday and every meat meal was very tender and tasty with lots to choose from,the animation team were excellent we had some great entertainment,the room was a little small for a family but very clean,the pool area was good and the water warm,thi was all inclusive and great value.find me on face book and I will tell you more tony johnson.

Room Tip: all the rooms look the same
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tjgrimme1
galway
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband I were booked to stay in this hotel and after reading some of the reviews we were unsure about staying there.
Firstly let me stay that the hotel is very clean; the cleaners really clean everywhere our room was spotless.
The food was well cooked; eatable. Not the most exciting food but far from being the worst. The selection was good. It is hard to please eveeryone but the hotel did a very good job of trying to
The staff were friendly and again worked so hard over the Christmas.
The hotel is a little tired looking and maybe not as up to date as some of the other hotels but we could not find anything wrong with any part od our holiday.
We chatted to people who have been back to this hotel a number of times and will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 2freedom
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Just returned after staying a week at the Fanabe like previous posts the hotel is clean and the staff are friendly, especially the mini kids staff who did a brilliant job of entertaining the children. The food was more 3 star than 4 star and there appeared to be lots of stews, poor selection of cooked vegetables but a great salad bar. The entertainment in the disco room for children was good and they certainly enjoyed themselves. The beach is nearby however this hotel is in a quieter part of Costa Adeje and there is not much going on outside of the hotel. Another gripe was that the pool area only receives sunshine on one side the rest is in the shade which is great if that's want you prefer and the roof terrace is the place to sunbathe.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family