“great hotel”

Ranked #29 of 58 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“great hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have just returned after spending a week in this hotel, 6th to the 13th May, on a half board plus basis. Arriving in reception I was quickly checked in by Tanya and given a very warm welcome. She directed me to my studio apartment beside the pool area number 17. It was a very pleasant room with two single beds an L shaped sofa, kitchen and bathroom. Breakfast and dinner were superb and much better than I have had in 4* hotels. The bar area round the pool was always immaculately clean and the service excellent. The bar closed at 11pm therefore anyone wanting early nights were not disturbed. The hotel was close to many restaurants if you prefer to go bed and breakfast or self catering. For those not wanting to use the pool area a 5 minute walk takes you to golden sandy beaches. Will I stay here again YES I loved the area and the hotel and will certainly be back again next year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank bob g
HovimaHotels, Manager at HOVIMA Panorama, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guests,
I'm so happy to read your comments following your recent stay at Hovima Panorama!. It's our great pleasure that we met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Warm regards,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We have just returned from an eight night stay on a half board basis. As we were returning to an area that we had visited previously we were a bit concerned it would be a let down...there was no need. We were allocated a lovely studio apartment which had a sea and pool view (room 128). The apartment considered of a large bed room, bathroom and open plan kitchen and lounge. There was also a balcony with table and chairs. The breakfast was good,all the usual choices. The evening meal was ok although a little disappointing so we did choose to eat out on a couple of occasions. If you are a fussy eater I would recommend to stay on a b&b basis as there are plenty of bars and restaurants serving good food at a reasonable price. We would definitely recommend this hotel. We would not hesitate to return on a b&b basis. Excellent location for beaches, bars and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dcgirl73
Dear Guests,
Thank you kindly for the review posted on your recent stay with us at Hovima Panorama. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you found the hotel conveniently located.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kind regards,
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My sister had stayed here last June and was overwhelming with her praise, so I decided to join her on her latest break. Everything she told me was true and hadn't changed. On arrival at 11pm we were greeted warmly and checked in efficiently. We were delighted to be allocated a studio by the pool, which was especially good for us as we both have slight mobility difficulties. The room was fairly small but perfectly adequate for us. It was brightly decorated and contained two single beds and a large l-shaped sofa/third bed. I actually slept on the sofa for a couple of nights as I found it to be slightly more comfortable than the beds, it's just my preference. The wardrobe was a little small for two ladies, but there was drawer space in a separate unit and we managed fine. The living area also contained a flat-screen TV with BBC reception, a couple of other English channels and some Spanish channels. The studio had a full-length mirror, always popular with ladies! The kitchen area contained a sink, fridge, kettle, toaster and stove top with two electric rings. There were plenty of utensils etc if you fancied cooking - we didn't! They even provided washing-up liquid! The bathroom included a hand basin, wc, bidet and bath with shower attachment. There was always plenty of hot water and the water pressure was good. Liquid soap was provided by the hand basin and the bath - a nice touch. There was also a hairdryer provided in the bathroom. There were plenty of towels and the bed linen was changed once even though we were only staying five nights. Blankets were also provided, which we definitely didn't need! The room was very warm all the time and we had the ceiling fan and floor-standing fan on most of the time. Our apartment, being on pool level, had a small terrace which contained a table, two chairs and a wall-mounted clothes airer. The pool and surrounding area was very clean and there was even a life guard. We never had a problem getting a sun bed. The poolside bar serves lovely food and drinks which are very reasonably priced. There is entertainment in the evenings. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, as we like to get out and about at night. Breakfast was excellent, a vast choice of just about everything you could think of! We did speak to other holidaymakers at the hotel, who told us that dinner was equally as good. All the staff we encountered, without exception, were very pleasant and efficient. The complex has a small launderette with washing machines and a tumble dryer and there are also a couple of shower rooms, one for males and one for females, very handy for freshening up if you have a late flight. Check out is at 12 noon, which is much better than 10am at some hotels I've stayed at. There's a large secure luggage room which we took advantage of on our last day. The hotel itself is midway down a slight hill. At the top of the hill there is the San Eugenio shopping complex. At the bottom of the hill if you turn left and walk along for a few minutes you will come to shops, restaurants and bars. We especially liked 'Deborath' for our evening meal. It's a friendly restaurant with good food and entertainment. If you turn to the right at the bottom of the bank, you will come to the harbour where you can book boat trips, water sports etc. Next to the harbour is a white sand man-made beach and more shops, restaurants and bars. I loved everything about our stay, the hotel, the location and the weather!

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, contact the hotel to make them aware, as I did notice that some rooms o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Catherine D
HovimaHotels, Manager at HOVIMA Panorama, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at Hovima Panorama Hotel. I was so happy to read that we met your expectations in all areas and I do hope that we get the chance to do that once again in the near future.
brighton
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have stayed here 5 times now and still find it very good value and very clean.
The pool are and pool itself is the cleanest for miles and the rooms are good.
The rooms are basic but clean although can be a little warm at times but there is fans to help.
We spent a week here again and definately will be going again.

Room Tip: pay the little extra than the promo rooms or you will face a big wall. All other rooms are good with...
3 Thank puzzymunkle
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for the review posted on our Hovima Panorama. As a regular guest, I am very pleased to read you found the hotel and services consistent, and the overall experience enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Warm regards,
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

my husband & myself & our 10 year old son have just come back 26/4/2014 from this lovely hotel and can honestly say it was fab can not find any faults .The restaurant staff ,the maids,the food,the room absolutely everything.!!!
On reception was ms Hoos who is a treasure and can converse with anyone it seems in their own language .What a girl !! and so helpful .
Can't wait to go back .

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
4 Thank joanne s
Dear Guests,
I was delighted to read your comments following your stay at Panorama Hotel. I was really pleased that we met your expectations with all aspects of your stay including the great service our team provides. I have passed on your kind words to all the team here and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We booked this holiday about 2 weeks before we went for a cheap getaway for 6nights. We normally go all inclusive minimum 4 star so we were a bit dubious after reading some reviews,but then decided some people always find something to mean about! As soon as we arrived we knew we had nothing to worry about,staff were very friendly. The room,120, overlooked the pool and was basic but clean. Even though we booked self catering,b&b we had no intention of cooking but could have if we wanted to,with 2 rings and a toaster and kettle. The room was cleaned every day apart from 1,this didn't cause us any problems,we just made our own beds. The location is great,lots of nice restaurants and bars round about. Gran Paella at the bottom of the road is very reasonably priced with good food. Breakfast in the hotel was adequate,and we had food from the pool bar which was excellent value and very nice. All in all we had a great time and would definitely return to this hotel,but I would make sure I asked for room 120:)

Room Tip: Room 120 sun from appx 11am until setting
5 Thank Sharon U
Dear Guest,
Thank you kindly for the detailed review posted on our hotel Hovima Panorama. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and found the hotel location, team and rooms satisfactory.
I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you once again in the near future.
Heathrow area
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Nice little appartment hotel. We Eat in the hotel 3 nights on an offer arranged at reception. Food very good with a reasonable variety. Breakfast busy in the morning but food constantly replaced on the self service and kept hot. Service excellent. Staff very attentive. Booked a studio but was upgraded to a one bedroom apartment. Got a little confused regarding room servicing as room not done every day. Not sure if just a mistake or by design. Pool side very busy. Difficult to get a sun lounger as some guests leave towels on them all day even when they go out. Great location as close to restaurants, sea front promenade walks, bars, shopping and supermarket. All in all recommended. I for one will be back for more.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank HeathrowBill
Dear Guests,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at Panorama Hotel. I was so happy to read that we met your expectations in all areas and I do hope that we get the chance to do that once again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Adeje
#1 of 2 in La Caleta
Pueblo Torviscas
Pueblo Torviscas
#9 of 58 in Costa Adeje

Been to HOVIMA Panorama? Share your experiences!