“winter sun” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 57 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“winter sun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have read many reviews on the panorama I can only say we stayed last dec my hubby and myself and enjoyed it so much we booked up straight away for this dec 6 th unfortunately my husband took very ill and cant travel but rather than miss another week there ive roped my sister in to travel with me I hope she likes it as much as we did and would love our old room 15 the staff were great and everything about it we loved

Room Tip: the rooms around the pool area
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Currently sitting by the pool in the panorama under a umbrella that costs 1.50 a day, drinking a beer which has went up in price by 90 cents in a day all of which is paid for by my money that I currently have in my safe that cost 46 euros to hire for 2 weeks . I'm not one for reviews or moaning on holiday but having stayed in different hotels including panoramas rival the sunwing resort only a mile away it's fair to say I'm very disappointed with the extra charges that I have never experienced elsewhere . Would I recommend the hotel no , I would recommend the sunwing resort as they don't try ripping you off , also the toilet facilities at the pool are a shambles one cubicle per gender they are also shower rooms so if occupied , according to staff you have to go back to your room although there is a larger toilet in the restaurant that is closer to the pool ???

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank paulmc1999
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just back cant fault hotel,food or staff i would and will return.
No rowdie teenagers quiet at night mixture of cultureswho we found to be friendly.
If i was to fault anything it would be entertainment am not passed it yet so liven it up :-)

• Stayed July 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

stayed here july 13. great location near lots of things to do. got a free upgrade as hotel was not to busy . went full board plus with jet2. if i went again i would just go self catering as if you want a coffee after your meal you have to pay for it which i thought was a bit tight after paying over £1300 for 10 nights. room was ok but had broken tiles on the floor and was only cleaned every few days, and was very hot as only a ceiling fan for air conditioning. food was ok but not great.

Room Tip: dont get a promotional studio
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Medias, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in May 2013 for 9 nights. Even if it is only a 3 star hotel, I will recommend it because is located near the beach and harbor, bar and restaurant staff very nice and friendly (everybody is very polite), the pool is nice and not crowded, live music/karaoke almost every night from 9-11pm, the meals were excellent (we had a half board option). The rooms are big and clean. As a minus: there was no air-conditioning in the room, only a ceiling fan (it was enough because we were there on May, but I don't think will be enough in the summer).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cristina_21_12
HovimaHotels, Manager at HOVIMA Panorama, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel facilities and the food in our restaurant. Your opinion is very important to us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times now and the place is peaceful, clean and in an excellent location.

It looks like nothing from street level and most of the apartments can't boast anything in the way of a sea view, even though its about 20 yards from "Geranium Walk" that snakes along the coastline. That said its a lovely little complex containing a mix of hotel run rooms and privately owned apartments.

The lifeguard is one of the happiest people I have ever met, always smiling and trying to be as sociable as he can with limited English language skills. We had 18 months between last two visits and he remembered us the moment we arrived poolside.

The pool is lovely, good mix of depths for the kids and a small paddle pool almost for the very little ones.

The location is excellent, two mins walk from San Eugene Shopping centre or puerto colon marina and five mins from La Pinta beach, Harleys, San Eugene Bar, Scotch Corner etc.
Aqualand water park is about 10 mins walk uphill and Siam is around a 15 mins walk.

Would we use the place again? Absolutely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank aly-rs
HovimaHotels, Manager at HOVIMA Panorama, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for the review posted on our hotel Hovima Panorama. As a regular guest, I am very pleased to read you found the hotel and services consistent, and the overall experience enjoyable and relaxed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards
Northeast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have just returned from a short 5 night break, I had passed this hotel many times over the years, yet never noticed it. I can't ever remember seeing it come up in searches when I have been looking for accomodation. My son had booked to stay at the Jardin Tropical opposite, and as I am of a modest income, and couldn't afford to stay there, he searched and came across Panorama. As he didn't want me to be alone, he invited a mutual friend to join us and share my accomodation. Wow am I glad he did. I have never felt so comfortable whilst on holiday. The reception staff were happy, kind, efficient and helpful. The maids & housekeeper were lovely, chatty, helpful & kind.
My son had asked for a room with a view of the pool but with some privacy, as I suffer with a condition called lymphoedema and lipoedema, meaning I have a lot of water in my limbs. I often find people staring. which as you can imagine is very uncomfortable. I was given a perfect studio. It had everything I needed & I even felt comfortable enough to get a lounger and lie by the pool and then actually went for a swim.
We were booked on a B+B basis, and couldn't fault the food. There was plenty on offer for all tastes. The dining room staff were lovely. There was also a pool bar which served food of mega portions at very good prices.
There was some entertainment at night, but we were only on a short break, so went out every evening. Our room was a studio, 2 comfortable beds, a couch, english TV good bathroom, adequate crockery & cutlery. Only a 2 ring hob, but thats all you need. They even provided washing up liquid and tea towel.
Every where seemed bright and clean, the gardens were in good order. I couldn't find fault with anything. For people who struggle with stairs there was a lift to reception.
The Panorama is situated on quite a bank, so may be difficult for people with walking difficulties. I struggled to go up the bank towards the San Eugenio shopping centre, but it wasn't too bad to head down towards the sea and along the lovely walkway, either left or right.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Panorama and intend to return. It's the BEST!!! Thank you and keep up the good work x

Room Tip: The rooms were very warm as there's no air conditioning
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank ginge214
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure looking after you on your visit to Hovima Panorama Hotel and thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us. It is very rewarding to read your lovely comments. We have a very dedicated team of people who take great pride in offering our guests the highest level of service and I am thrilled that you felt that we exceeded your expectations.. We do hope that you will plan a return visit to Panorama so that we may once again take care of you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with a booking.

Kind regards