“Little gem that looks nothing from the outside”
Review of HOVIMA Panorama

HOVIMA Panorama
Ranked #29 of 57 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Little gem that looks nothing from the outside”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times now and the place is peaceful, clean and in an excellent location.

It looks like nothing from street level and most of the apartments can't boast anything in the way of a sea view, even though its about 20 yards from "Geranium Walk" that snakes along the coastline. That said its a lovely little complex containing a mix of hotel run rooms and privately owned apartments.

The lifeguard is one of the happiest people I have ever met, always smiling and trying to be as sociable as he can with limited English language skills. We had 18 months between last two visits and he remembered us the moment we arrived poolside.

The pool is lovely, good mix of depths for the kids and a small paddle pool almost for the very little ones.

The location is excellent, two mins walk from San Eugene Shopping centre or puerto colon marina and five mins from La Pinta beach, Harleys, San Eugene Bar, Scotch Corner etc.
Aqualand water park is about 10 mins walk uphill and Siam is around a 15 mins walk.

Would we use the place again? Absolutely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank aly-rs
HovimaHotels, Manager at HOVIMA Panorama, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for the review posted on our hotel Hovima Panorama. As a regular guest, I am very pleased to read you found the hotel and services consistent, and the overall experience enjoyable and relaxed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Northeast
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have just returned from a short 5 night break, I had passed this hotel many times over the years, yet never noticed it. I can't ever remember seeing it come up in searches when I have been looking for accomodation. My son had booked to stay at the Jardin Tropical opposite, and as I am of a modest income, and couldn't afford to stay there, he searched and came across Panorama. As he didn't want me to be alone, he invited a mutual friend to join us and share my accomodation. Wow am I glad he did. I have never felt so comfortable whilst on holiday. The reception staff were happy, kind, efficient and helpful. The maids & housekeeper were lovely, chatty, helpful & kind.
My son had asked for a room with a view of the pool but with some privacy, as I suffer with a condition called lymphoedema and lipoedema, meaning I have a lot of water in my limbs. I often find people staring. which as you can imagine is very uncomfortable. I was given a perfect studio. It had everything I needed & I even felt comfortable enough to get a lounger and lie by the pool and then actually went for a swim.
We were booked on a B+B basis, and couldn't fault the food. There was plenty on offer for all tastes. The dining room staff were lovely. There was also a pool bar which served food of mega portions at very good prices.
There was some entertainment at night, but we were only on a short break, so went out every evening. Our room was a studio, 2 comfortable beds, a couch, english TV good bathroom, adequate crockery & cutlery. Only a 2 ring hob, but thats all you need. They even provided washing up liquid and tea towel.
Every where seemed bright and clean, the gardens were in good order. I couldn't find fault with anything. For people who struggle with stairs there was a lift to reception.
The Panorama is situated on quite a bank, so may be difficult for people with walking difficulties. I struggled to go up the bank towards the San Eugenio shopping centre, but it wasn't too bad to head down towards the sea and along the lovely walkway, either left or right.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Panorama and intend to return. It's the BEST!!! Thank you and keep up the good work x

Room Tip: The rooms were very warm as there's no air conditioning
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank ginge214
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure looking after you on your visit to Hovima Panorama Hotel and thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us. It is very rewarding to read your lovely comments. We have a very dedicated team of people who take great pride in offering our guests the highest level of service and I am thrilled that you felt that we exceeded your expectations.. We do hope that you will plan a return visit to Panorama so that we may once again take care of you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with a booking.

Kind regards
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Panorama for 2 weeks in a sea view Studio, half board. In actual fact, the sea view was limited, which I knew it would be before I booked, however it did ensure a South facing balcony. We have previously stayed at the same group's 4* La Pinta (7 times) and also at Club Atlantis which is also owned by the Hovima group. After staying at Panorama we would not now return to either of the others. Being smaller, there is a more personal feeling about the place. All the staff are friendly and efficient and go out of their way to please. The Studio was comfortable and clean with the added bonus of English freeview tv channels, which is not something we would normally bother with, but we had five overcast days whilst we were there and there is only so much walking one can do! The Panorama is located half-way up quite a steep hill from the seafront up to the shopping centre. This wasn't a problem for us as we have walked that hill many times in the past over the 19 years we have been visiting Tenerife. However, it may be something to bear in mind when choosing somewhere to stay. Having said that, most of the hotels in that area are on a hill, unfortunately it's the natural structure of the island. We booked direct with Hovima, on their website, which gave us the advantage of free wine and water with our evening meal and also free sunbed mattresses and parasol at the pool area. (1.50 euro each for each mattress and parasol, which mounts up over the course of a fortnight). The Restaurant is expertly managed by Antonio and his bright, cheery staff. The food was of an excellent standard, and never repeated over the fortnight we were there. We will certainly be returning to the Panorama.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank suered22
Dear Guests,
I was delighted to read your comments following your stay at Panorama Hotel. I was really pleased that we met your expectations with all aspects of your stay including the great service our Maître Antonio and his team provide. I have passed on your kind words to all the team here and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Me and the wife have stayed here 3 times and I can't fault the place. Pool area is lovely and peaceful during the day for lazing about. Rooms are fine although a little warm as there is no air con in them. BBQ each Thursday is brilliant by the pool in the evening, plenty of choice for food with restaurants near by. The restaurant at the bottom of the street beside the hotel is really good and great value, gets quite busy at night. Panorama is a great spot! Enjoy!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Spent 12 nights here, 23 June to 5th July, my third visit to this complex.
As before, friendly and helpful staff, great location.
Special mention to Louis who predicted Brazil would beat Spain 3-0, good call Louis.

I shall return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Thank you for sharing your kind feedback regarding your visit.
Kind regards
sheffield
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent hotel. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. A wide range of food on offer at meal times, well cooked and prepared. The rooms are well maintained and kept clean by friendly maids. The swimming pools are maintained and manned by Louis a very friendly person always got a smile on his face and always there to help. The area of Costa Adeje is a quiet area near to Playa De Los Americas. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes the quiet side of life, but near to a busy resort (10 mins walk away).

Room Tip: try to avoid promo rooms they are nice rooms but no view only a wall to look at.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank shaun h
HovimaHotels, Manager at HOVIMA Panorama, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your stay with us at Hovima Panorama.
As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide.
Our staff takes great pride in their jobs and so it is lovely to receive such wonderful comments as yours about their friendliness and the service they provide.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Panorama hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely
glasgow
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am just back from these apartments yesterday & I must say I was very impressed. My fiance & I stayed for 2 weeks bed & breakfast, we chose this as we like to go out for meals & have that option, the breakfast was great & had lots of variety (coming from someone who's picky) our room was 130 it was basic but was spotless & looked right onto the pool, the staff were lovely & couldnt help anymore if they tried, I have read bad reviews on here before & really dont understand it at all. Lois the lifeguard was adorable & so pleasant to everyone. The royal beach was a great place to eat also all the staff there were great & the food was fantastic. We'll defineately be visiting here again, sooner rather than later.

Room Tip: book a studio room to get a great view & avoid dissapointment
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at Panorama Hotel. I was so happy to read that we met your expectations in all areas and I do hope that we get the chance to do that once again in the near future.

My kindest regards