We went there during French school holidays from March 8-18th with our 3 year old boy. Overall, we absolutely loved it. Some highlights that are worth mentioning:
1. The absolute nicest & kid-friendlist cooks & waiters I have ever experienced. For our son the breakfast and dinner time is normally something rather boring to do, but it almost turned to the highlight of the day with the great attention, high-5's, kitchen visits etc. that he got from the cooks and waiters. A BIG thank you again for this!!! Food itself was a real pleasure as well with large diversity and many freshly cooked choices each day
2. Besides the main restaurant, the Service overall is another highlight in itself, no matter if reception or cleaning staff, people were all extremely friendly - especially kids-friendly- in a very natural way
3. It was great that the medium sized and kids pool were heated, otherwise swimming wouldn't have been possible at tihs time of the year
4. The location - just a few meters from a nice beach area and from there you can easily access other beaches for some variety. The El Duque Plaza is just a 3 minute walk and to the hotel 'isla bonita' which has the bus stop for buses that go to most of the attractions it is less than 10 minutes walk.
A few things that I had wished for to make the holidays just perfect:
- a few more families (not the hotel's fault, but being no. 2 rated family hotel in Teneriffa, we would have expected more families with smaller kids)
- and related to that: a mini-disco (our son really, really missed that! Every evening he looked into the bar with great hope that finally there was a mini-disco - mini-disco was mentioned as one of the entertainment activities in the hotel description, but apparently only takes place during the main holidays season); some more possibilities at the kid's pool (e.g. a small slide); an open mini-club to just go spontanously and play for a round without having to pre-register 24 hours in advance
- most of the balconies (even with pool view and partial sea view) are most of the day very much in the shadow. We only had a bit of sun for about an hour or so as of 5pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the exclusive Costa Adeje area, beside Playa del Duque, in a glorious setting overlooking the sea with a beautiful view of southern Tenerife and the Island of La Gomera. This magnificent Canary mansion offers a peaceful and intimate atmosphere, splendid gardens and swimming pools for relaxation and enjoyment - the perfect spot for an unforgettable break. The construction is divided in four colonial style blocks: Sansofe, San Sebastian, Malpais and Casa Fuerte. Gran Tacande · Wellness & Relax not only offers magnificent seaviews from its rooms and suites, but also top Canary, national and international cuisine in its exquisite and pleasantly discrete restaurants. Take in the relaxing atmosphere of the “Vitanova Spa” thalassotherapy centre, where you can benefit from the thermal waters and special treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Gran Tacande Wellness & Relax Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Hotel Costa Adeje
- Dream Resort Costa Adeje
- Gran Tacande Tenerife
- Gran Tacande Wellness & Relax Costa Adeje Tenerife