“Lovely Holiday at La Nina Hotel”

Be Live Experience La Nina
Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have recently returned from an 11 night stay at La Nina Hotel. I booked accommodation & flights separately at a very good price. So was pleasantly surprised by the staff and service at La Nina Hotel. I booked two rooms for myself and my husband, and my Daughter and 17 year old Grandson.

I emailed Reception a few weeks before departing and asked if we could have our two rooms near to one another (this was very important to us) I also requested a high floor with a sea view if it was possible. I received a reply from Helen on Reception who advised me they would do their best to grant my request. We were very happy on arriving at La Nina to find that our request’s had all been granted!

The hotel is in an excellent location beaches, marina, lots of shops restaurants and entertainment bars close by! We had no complaints about the food, the omelettes which were made to order of a morning were lovely!

Reception Staff were all very helpful, the Animation Team were all good fun. We had a good laugh watching Federico parade around the pool in the latest fashions!! A special mention goes to Graham who was very good with all holiday makers. On our first day my Daughter and I were struggling to put up our sun shade, the Life Guard must have been watching us and he came over to help us. We also noticed him helping elderly people on several occasions throughout our stay. The bar staff were very good, one in particular stood out unfortunately I have forgotten his name (it was quite Spanish sounding) he worked of a night time and he was a good laugh, he could mimic the accents of us Brits!

The only minus points for us was the queuing at the bars of an evening time. During the beginning of our stay the downstairs bar was open and the hotel was full, so staff struggled keeping the queue’s down! A few days later the downstairs bar was closed and the pool bar stayed open of an evening time the entertainment was also moved outside. There was the same problem with queues and (some nationalities do not find it in their nature to queue!!) It would have been a good idea to keep both bars open this would give guest’s the option of where they wanted to drink. The gym did not appear to have any air con; my Husband & Grandson said it was very hot in there!
All in all we had a lovely holiday, the weather was great and we would defiantly return to the La Nina Hotel!

Room Tip: Request high floor Sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Liverpoolaa
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear guests ,

Thank you so much for the excellent and constructive comments about Be Live La Nina Hotel in your recent stay.

Thanks for the positive comments about our friendly and helpful staff (I will pass your comments to Helen, Graham, Federico, David and the rest of staff). This is great comments which help us to continue growing and providing our customers great vacations with us.

Thanks for recommending our hotel and please let us know about your next visit to offer you a beautiful room.

Yours Faithfully,

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,096)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I returned from our week away at La Niña yesterday. Having read the reviews of the hotel online I was quite worried about some areas of the hotel, such as the quality of the food and the evening entertainment. However, I was pleasantly surprised, with a wide variety of fresh food and an enthusiastic, friendly and funny entertainment team.
The food was buffet style, presented nicely each day with plenty to chose from. I found that the food was always fresh, with lovely fresh fish and meat which was cooked in front of you. The menu went from squid ink paella, to English roast beef and prawns to simply chips, pasta and a variety of sauces- something for everyone. The waiters were so kind and quick to offer drinks. They were incredibly smiley and welcoming which was lovely. Overall, you would have to be incredibly picky to not find something you liked, credits to the chefs who cooked delicious food throughout our stay.
The hotel was spotless, from the pool to the reception to our bedroom. Room service was fab, however the sheets weren't changed throughout our stay, but we didn't mind as it was just a week.
Entertainment in the evening was great, it was a pleasure to meet such lovely members of staff such as Graham and Evan, who made us feel extremely welcome and at ease.
I personally did not use the inside facilities such as the spa or gym, but my boyfriend loved the gym and visited it regularly. The gym was a main reason as to why he booked the hotel, and he was not disappointed!
The hotel itself is in a great spot, with a short walk to the beach, lots of cafes and restaurants along the coast and the town just a short bus ride away. Also, Siam Park Is a must! However I must say, the bus to Siam park is extremely unreliable, and the park itself was just a 10-20 min walk from the hotel so I would recommend walking instead of waiting for the bus, which in our case was 40 minutes late and proceeded to drive straight past us when it did arrive!
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at La Niña. We would not return to the hotel as we do not like to travel to the same place twice, but I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a quality 4* hotel in Tenerife.

2  Thank Fiona B
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Fiona,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your extensive and wonderful feedback concerning your experience at our "Be Live La Nina". It is a great pleasure to hear that we have been able to provide you a high level of comfort, attention to detail, and quality of our facilities, services, dining, and leisure.

The personal involvement and personalized attention is one of our key aspects to make your stay as special and memorable as possible.

Thank you for your positive words about the gastronomy and excellent cuisine of our hotel.

I will personally inform the entire team of staff about your compliments on their attentive and excellent service. I am very glad to hear that their great devotion for customer service has contributed to your wonderful experience at our establishment.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at our hotel or at any "Be Live Hotel" around the world.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

What can i say about la nina .i can say excllent from the staf at reveption to dinning room to the cleening staf. The food is a good selection .we asked for a quite, high floor we got room 101 not much of a vieu but a very nice room would have liked a room above. 201 to210 would we recomened la nina well i'v just booked this hotel for 23th of september . so yes we would. one of the best hoidays we have had. a good 4star hotel and five minits to bars resturants and beaches. We are 60 and 61 and the animation team are very good and the music round the pool was fine well done to all the staf at la nina.see you soon denis

• Stayed: June 2013
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Denis & Barbara

We appreciate your wonderful comments about your stay at "Be Live La Nina". Ahhh excuse us for no be able to arrange for you your room request.

We will pass along your praise to the hotel’s entire staff. That you had a good experience at our hotel is our greatest pleasure, and it’s the reason why we work so hard every day.

We are more than happy to hear you are thinking of a future stay among us; it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon again here. Please do not hesitate in contacting me personally for any questions or requests you may have concerning any future stay to direccion.lanina@belivehotels.com .

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I have just returned from our first holiday together and this hotel was fantastic. Having stayed in all inclusive hotels around the world on family holidays la nina is of a high standard. The food is excellent and there is a wide variety of things, with different themes each night. Although neither of us ate fussy eaters you would have to be food intolerant not to like anything!! Some of the bad reviews on here regarding food are hilarious and the people writing them seem close minded and miserable. All of the staff were extremely friendly and spoke good english, although lets be honest if you can't be bothered to learn the spanish for 'a bottle of water please' you are clearly an incapable human being. Anyway, the entertainment was fun and there were lots of things going on during the day. In the evening the shows were lighthearted and a good laugh, not exactly broadway but you have not paid for a trip to the theatre so it is perfectly fine! When we first arrived the door of our balcony was broken which was a nuisance but we phoned down to reception and we were told a maintenance man would be sent up. He did not arrive for 10 minutes (good lord no!) so I phoned again and was informed he was fixing a problem in the restaurant and he arrived a few minutes later and swiftly corrected the problem. Now if I was a grumpy sod like many reviewers appear to be I would complain vociferously about the 10 minute wait, however as a reasonable human being I would suggest that fixing the restaurant issue was more important and therefore our wait was not really significant! There were a few extra charges, like for the safe, the tv and towels, now the safe is pretty important and therefore €28 (deposit of €10) for the week seemed a little extortionate, yet I would rather pay for the peace of mind than constantly worry about my belongings. Now, personally I think the tv charge is a cracking idea as you have decided to go on a holiday...not watch soaps. Explore the local culture instead of sitting in the room by yourself. As for that local culture, there are many little souvenir shops around and the beach is only a short walk away (for those afraid of a gentle gradient leave your whining voice at home no one wants to hear that) the locals are friendly, and there are plenty of bars and clubs nearby (although not close enough to cause 'sleep deprivation' as one bad reviewer has suggested) This is a bit away from the hotel itself but possibly useful...we went to siam park which is incredible and definitely worth the expensive entry fee, however you are not allowed to take food in, a rule that is carried out with ruthless efficiency by the gestapo like women on the entrance who confiscate the picnic that you have woken up early to make with tender loving care. (The agony is then compounded as they take your photograph and tell you to smile) But it is amazing and only a 10 minute walk away! Overall our holiday was fantastic and this was mainly due to the excellence of this hotel. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, there is everything you could possibly need and I would certainly recommend this hotel as it is affordable and of a very high standard.

4  Thank Mike Y

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for your extensive comments, for being so logical and consistent, thanks to customers like you we can learn every day of our guest.

We appreciate knowing that your stay with us met your expectations. Without question, our guests’ satisfaction is our raison of being, so thanks.

We will take your opinions into account, because it will doubtless help us improve our guests’ experiences in the future, so thanks.

We hope to see you again soon at our Be Live La Nina or one of our Be Live or Luabay hotels around the world.

Warmest regards from Tenerife,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hi everyone.just returned for the third time at la nina,and soon be a forth.let me say the hotel is great,friendly.welcoming at reception,food excellent,plenty of choice,rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels.helen on the front desk was great she printed our boarding passes for us to return home.the hotel is central to everywere 3 minute walk to the beach,were there are endless resturaunts /bars,subway if you fancy a change.1 euro a pint in most during the day then 150-180 at night,stil cheap.close to the marina aswell wereyou can go on boat tripspool bar is great,snacks ie chips/burgers/hotdogs/pizza/fresh fruit.yumm...we have been to Tenerife so many times.the be live la nina is the best we have stayed in.there was one minor problem we had ,and that is this indoor bar and entertainment was moved to out doors by the pool, and it still gets chilly at night,its what they must do in the summer.but overall smashing hotel.we wont stay anywere eles...have a nice holiday...

Room Tip: south facing high floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ganders101
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Family Ganders,

As a manager what can I say, after reading your reviews?

At this moment, we feel proud, for your loyalty, for your words, we just can say ¡thank you for the highly appreciated comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the "Be Live La Nina".

It is great to hear that you have been taken good care of by our staff members and it will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to the entire team as well as Helen, as they all take great pride in their work and will be delighted to listen to your words which will motivate them to keep up their performance.

Thank you for especially mentioning the variety and choice of food offered at the buffet.

Thank you again for your great comments and we hope the chance to welcome you back soon once again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a week here. This was our first time at La Nina, 4th time visiting Costa Adeje and by far the best! The hotel is lovely, clean, well presented inside and in a very convenient spot. Plenty of shops, places to eat and drink out, if you fancy a change! 2 Beaches just around the corner, Porto Colon and Fanabe... Both gorgeous and loads to do!

No complaints food wise, plenty to choose from and well presented! Breakfast is the same every morning but still plenty of choice, the omelettes are lovely and made right in front of you. Each evening buffet had a different theme. For example, One night was American food and another Chinese.The staff were all very nice and would bend over backwards for you, as soon as you walk in you are greeted and asked what you would like to drink. Apart from breakfast, you help yourself to juice or tea/coffee. Room service spot on as well.

Pool
Pool area was always kept really clean. Although, sometimes a struggle to find beds if you get to the pool late morning. Gotta be early!

Spa
There is a Spa on the bottom floor with a heated pool & Jacuzzi in which all inclusive can use free. Very relaxing! There are Sauna's and a Steam room you can use for 5 euro too. They also have a list of Spa treatments but they were a little pricey!

Room
Our room was positioned right behind the stage and even though there was entertainment on till late we never seemed to struggle to sleep! Little tip.. you get given 2 cards (keys) and they activate everything in your room, leave one in the slot in hotel room to keep air-con on for when you return home in the evening, otherwise its extremely warm. We kept ours on 24/7 but maid kept turning it off on us so just double check before you go out in evening. Other than that, no complaints and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Well worth the money, Don't know how anyone could find bad things to say really. We will definitely be returning!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 304, its right behind the stage so if your a light sleeper this room isn't for...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Robyn,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel in tripadvisor.com. Your feedback gives us support to continue working every day and helps us to improve our services.

I am pleased reading that you enjoyed your holiday with us and rated as the best four star you has been stayed in Costa Adeje, so;

- Thank you for your comments and complete review.
- Thank you for your recommendation.
- Thank you for trust.
- Thank you for your valuation "worth every penny"

I hope to welcome you and your boyfriend again soon in our hotel and then do not hesitate to sent us an e-mail in order to arrange any request you have.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

my self and my partner stayed at your hotel from 11 june for ten days,both of us in our 50s had a really nice time, food good staff helpfull and always said hello to you all worked very hard particually the bar staff had a smile on there faces at all times. yes there was a noisy night club but on shutting our patio door that solved that.room nice we managed to get a sunbed even in the middle of the afternoon.i will recomend this hotel to friends and will return again

Room Tip: sea view recomended
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Joan,

I will pass your comments to all our staff.

I hope to welcome you again soon in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,