“girlie holiday”

Be Live Experience La Nina
Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Having read the reviews on this hotel I had my doubts, but on the whole it was actually ok. Just a couple of issues There were three in the party and when we got to the room it was a twin. Down to reception explained what the problem was, and was told you only get what you pay for. I don't think so paid for 3 not 2.
Waited an hour no bed, bedding, toels etc so back down to reception this time a different person, explained once again and she said she would get it sorted and so she did well done.
Meals in the restuarant there was something for everyone but the snack bar wasn't so hot but we never starved.
Sher and Piady were terrific only draw back was we wern't allowed bottled water from the bar told we had to get it from the evening bar.
Entertainment wasn't for us not the hotels fault. Would I return possibly on a room only bases not all inclusive not for us Overall we enjoyed over time at the hotel the room was excellent the view from the balcony didn't bother us as we were never in, the pool area we did use daily no problem getting sun beds

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 213MaryA
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Mary,

Thank you for your constructive review, we are sad that your experience did not full meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies. At Be Live La Nina, we continuously strive to meet your needs and desires; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

As I tell you by mail we lament the response of our reception staff and although our rooms manager or myself would be happy to assist you in this issue, unfortunately we were informed through the questionnaire last day after your departure. We apologize once again.

On the other hand, we would like to thank you for your kind words towards our bar staff and we pass your compliments to Sher and Piady for their professionalism.

Feedback like yours is very important to us, so we know what we can improve to reach an even higher and more exclusive service for our guests. We will certainly take your comments into our consideration and we will do our utmost to improve the points you mentioned.

Our best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,100)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have just returned from La Nina having stayed for a week from the 15TH February 2013. This Hotel was very impressive it was lovely and clean and the room was a decent size. The food was good quality but always luke warm. The restaurant was always very busy and some evenings there were queues to get tables.
Whilst in the restaurant one lunch time I had placed my bag over the back of my chair, as i was sitting eating my dinner a thief lifted my bag and on running out of the restaurant pushed over a young boy. Thank god the entertainment staff were sitting near the doors and they chased the. thief for a considerable distance were he ran into a restaurant toilet near the beach. If it had not been for this brave member of the hotel staff i would never have seen my bag and its contents again.
He retrieved my bag and contents from the thief and the police were called but unbelievably they did not want to know. It would appear unless there is violence used the Police will not investigate.
The Hotel Management were most apologetic but I do feel that some kind of security should be placed at the entrance to either the Hotel or the restaurant, even a sign warning people to keep hold of their valuables.
Eating out and about on the island i would always keep a hold of my bag but I think you should feel safer sitting in a 4 star hotel especially in the restaurant.

When the CCTV was viewed in the Hotel it showed that two Romanian males had been working together and the other had been sitting in the bar whilst the other was in the restaurant stealing my bag.
Getting back to a more positive note the pools are great but were very cold but there is always a lifeguard in attendance which is great.
Although the incident with the bag was disturbing and scared my 8 year old daughter who kept thinking the thieves would return the only other thing that put me off this hotel was the noise from the rooms above.
We were on the 5th floor and every morning at 7am the family above's alarm went off and it sounded like a herd of elephants above us you could hear every voice and even every noise when they went to the bathroom.

We have since been told that these thieves are rife in Tenerife at the minute, stealing handbags and pickpocketing. But there again if they are caught red handed and Police let them go what do they expect !!!!

Room Tip: Stay in a room on the top floor if you can to cut down on the noise especially if you want a lie in.
8  Thank patricia h
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Patricia,

We would like to thank you for your constructive opinion and comment. As this is the only way to improve the quality and service of your stay and change any mistakes that have been made, although it is my duty to clarify a few points to avoid misunderstandings.

First at all we feel sorry for the incident that took place during your stay with us.

Our mission is for you to enjoy your holiday in a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere and is obvious that in your case there are mixed sensations.

We understood how you felt, as well as your daughter, but I also reassured them that, the hotel has security measures in addition to a guard who makes rounds throughout the resort have twenty surveillance cameras, although it is not necessary to hide in the bushes to steal or try to steal in a hotel pool, restaurant or any public area, thieves nowadays do not wear a mask and a black & yellow striped shirt, they are better off dressing like any tourist or hotel client. Tenerife is a very safe destination, so "Be Live La Nina" is, but being part of real life and despite our huge efforts, we still may suffer the consequences of the worst of human condition.

Excuse us once again for any inconvenience and we hope you understand that the hotel tries to do the best for your holidays and that situations like seizure caused sporadic and are beyond our control.

We genuinely hope to have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back to " Be Live LA Nina" in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I holidayed with my parents for one week from 16th February. I had read a few unfavourable reports and was a little worried about our stay. However, I had nothing to worry about. Check in was speedy and the receptionists very pleasant and helpful. We stayed in rooms 701 and 702 both rooms spotlessly clean and spacious the bathrooms were very tasteful and the views from our balconies stunning (especially at sunset). Rooms serviced to very high standards daily and promptly. The food was of excellent quality with great variation we enjoyed trying different foods including sushi, wine served with meals was palatable. The entertainment staff (as all staff) worked very diligently and were full of energy and fun. We holiday several times a year and found this hotel to have all the ingredients for a truly wonderful relaxing holiday and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Views from higher floors much better and worth paying the extra for a sea view.
4  Thank Karen S
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Karen,

We would like to express our gratitude for the comments you made about your stay in our "Be Live La Nina". It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are extremely happy to have been able to do so on this occasion.

Further, we are really pleased to hear what a wonderful time your parents and you had under the dedication and care of our team. It is the best reward for our daily labors to hear that our guests take some unforgettable memories of it back home.

Further, we are grateful for the nice comments related to our staff, it is satisfying to see that we achieved our main goal, being that our guests feel welcome and enjoy our desire to serve them.

We try our very best to offer comfortable accommodation in the best location in Tenerife South. It is always our intention to enrich your stay with local and international delis and pamper you with a service characterized by its excellence and proximity. Your affirmation to have enjoyed all our pillars fills us with joy and makes our work worthwhile. We will be delighted to welcome you back!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Having just returned from one week stay at this hotel my wife and I would like to complement the management and staff for their efforts in giving good customer care and satisfaction. On our arrival we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff who efficiently dealt with our booking. On completion of this we were directed to our room which exceeded all our expectations both in size and comfort. The beds were very comfortable and larger than any we have had previously stayed in.Our bathroom had constant hot water at all times. The view we had from our balcony was wonderful. The restaurant catered for us extremely well with extended times for meals and always had a choice including pizza which is a must for children. The bar staff were also very friendly and effficient and we never had to wait on service. Overall I would recommend this jewel and we will definately return.

Room Tip: All locations of the rooms are without obstruction. Request a sea view room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank June s S
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear June,

We are delighted to hear that your stay at the"Be Live La Nina" was an enjoyable one. We continuously strive to deliver high standards and to ensure that all our guests leave with only good holiday memories.

We are proud and happy to see that you enjoyed our main services and we will certainly congratulate all of our staff that contributed to delight you with the culinary highlights and the friendliness whilst serving you. This positive feedback keeps us motivated to encounter the compliance of our demanding quality standards.

In name of all of the staff we thank you again for your visit, we were all delighted to have you among us, and we are absolutely honored that in the not too distant future we have the pleasure to welcome you back in our "Be Live La Nina".

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I spent a week at the La Nina from the 8th of Feb with my 2 children.Thankfully we were blessed with amazing weather, which made an amazing week even more enjoyable. After reading several negative reviews about this hotel, I was a little apprehensive about our stay, It quickly became very clear that there really was no need to worry.

Check in was very quick and the reception staff were extremely helpful.
The room was very clean and tidy and spacious, we stayed in room 712 which had a great view.
The pool was very nice, we spent most of the time around the kids pool, although the big main pool was a little chilly, great for waking you up in the morning though!.
The food in my opinion was very good, my kids loved trying lots of different types of food they wouldn't normally have at home.
Breakfast was really good, lots of choice and everything was pretty fresh.
The bar snacks were good although you could opt for a sit down meal in the restaurant if wanted too.
The animation team were fantastic!..Not much more can be said about these guys apart from they work extremely hard!. Considering there were about 5 different nationalities staying here they seemed to cater for everyone!. They are a credit to the hotel!.
Shops in the local area are good, although we found the best value shop was actually under the hotel!.

All in all we couldn't fault the hotel and the staff. The only comment came from my daughter and she thinks the kids pool should have a fountain or slide or both!.

We will absolutely visit here again

Collinson Family! :o)

Room Tip: Room 712 had a great view!
4  Thank Colli76

Dear Family Collinson,

Thank you very much for the time you dedicated to writing a comment about your stay with us here at the " Be Live La Nina". Positive comments as well as constructive feedback are always highly appreciated so as to being able to enhance the current service and provide our guests with an even better experience.

I am glad to read that reception gave you a warm welcome and that our staff in general made you feel at ease as we truly think that they are our most important asset. They also take great pride in their work and have received your kind words which I have already passed on.

Please let me thank you for praising our gastronomic offer, especially that of our buffet restaurant, where we offer differently themed evenings as also a large variety during our breakfast service.

Thanking you once again for your kind words, especially towards our animation team. I look forward to welcoming you once again at our " Be Live La Nina".

Kind regards,

Manager

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Excellent everything about this hotel would definately stay again. It was about our 10th year in Tenerife always in Costa Adeje. First time at this hotel very good. The entertainment which is usually rubbish was very good quality something going on all day. I would say that there were some troublesome polish guests and think that there should be some sort of security on the entrance.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TerriIlfracombe

Dear Ray & Terry,

We would like to express our gratitude for the comments you made about your stay. It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are happy to have been able to do so on this occasion.

That you have fully enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we could fulfill your expectations it is very pleasant and the best award for our daily efforts. We always try to pamper our guests with the best service to make their stay as comfortable as possible and we are proud that we could make our goal with you.

On behalf of the staff and myself, I must say we were all enchanted to have you at the Be Live La Nina. We trust it will not be long before you will be back with us for another visit. We assure you in advance of our utmost care and attention and, we look forward to thank you personally for your encouraging review.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here as a family 17-24 February 2013. This was our second time in Costa Adeje although our first time at Be Live La Nina. I have no hestitation in recommending this hotel . The Hotel is very well located for all that Costa Adeje has to offer and the surrounding Playa de las Americas. On arrival we were checked in quickly and provided a room with stunning views of the sea / marina area ( room 513)

Bedroom : Plenty of space for 3 and was well appointed with a good sized balcony. Large bathroom with powershower. Room cleaned everday. Safe hire was 18 Euros for 1 week plus a 10 Euro refundable deposit; tv remote control is a 10 Euro refundable deposit.

Food : One buffet restaurant. We thought the food was very good. Breakfast choice and quality was one of the best of any hotel that I have stayed in. Lunch and Dinner provided plenty of choices with a number of themed evenings eg Italian, American Diner, Chinese. You really would be hard pushed not to find something that you liked. Food was also available by the pool bar all day in the form of sandwiches which you can toast and fruit. Between I think 1PM and 3PM there were also burgers, hot dogd, pizza slices and chips. The Animation team also occasionally cooked some dishes by the pool bar.

Drinks: Pool Bar is open from 10.30AM - 6.30PM. There is help yourself beer, soft drinks, water and hot drinks and bar service for anything else. Premium drinks are chargeable and you can buy this as a package of 8.50 Euros per person per day. Some other drinks are charged for even on all inclusive including cocktail of the day and Irish coffees which are all 1 Euro each. The inside bar which is next to the restaurant is open from 6.30PM to midnight. Most of the time there were enough bar staff and queues were minimal.

Pool Area: Whilst not the largest area around the pools - all was clean and we were able to get sunbeds. On hot days most of the sunbeds were taken by 10AM. There is a large seating area in addition. There is direct access from the pool area down a set of steps ( next to the childrens club) to the beach. You will need your room card key to open the gate to exit from these steps.As you exit the hotel from these gates turn left and the beach is straight ahead - from here you can join the promenade - go left and you can walk to Playa de la Americas. - go right and it will take you to Fanabe beach. Whichever way you go there are loads of bars and restaurants.

Entertainment: The Hotel Entertainment Team work very hard throughout the day with varying activities available. The Evening entertanmnet, however in my opinion is poor and has been commented on previously. There were a couple of decent acts whilst we were there - a Michael Jackson act and a Magician. Two nights saw the arrival of a singer with a keyboard - whilst he could sing it was not entertainment. Other nights consisted of hotel run entertainment. On a number of nights the pre show entertainment was a Parrot Show, Birds of Prey Show and a Snake Show - predictable for Tenerife as they want to sell photos. But it was a surprise on the Karaoke night for the Parrots to be back again working alongside the Karaoke Provider. The Hotel does need to invest more in better quality evening entertainment.

Hotel General : From what I saw it was well maintained and feels and looks reasonably modern. The staff work really hard ; were friendly and are a credit to the hotel.

I would have given 5 stars but for the night time entertainment. I would be very happy to stay here again.

10  Thank Hotelnspector
Dir_Hot, Gerente at Be Live Experience La Nina, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that your stay at the "Be Live La Nina" was an enjoyable one. We continuously strive to deliver high standards and to ensure that all our guests leave with only good holiday memories.

Further, we are glad to read that you enjoyed the culinary efforts of our chefs and the service in our restaurant. We understand that eating and drinking is an important part of your all over experience and when we achieve your satisfaction this is the best reward for our day by day labors.

On the other hand, we are pleased to may notice that you appreciated the way you were welcomed by our staff. Service orientation is one of the pillars of ourhotel and we will certainly congratulate our teams for contributing to you joy and pleasure at our hotel.

We try our very best to offer comfortable accommodation in a great location. It is always our intention to enrich your stay with local and international delis and pamper you with a service characterized by its excellence and proximity. Your recommendation is an affirmation to have enjoyed fills us with joy and is the best reward for our daily efforts. We will be delighted to welcome you back soon.