Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa, Costa Adeje, Tenerife
Royal Garden Villas(Costa Adeje)
$401
$342
Bahia del Duque(Costa Adeje)
$1,098
$354
$329
$245
$216
Melia Jardines del Teide(Costa Adeje)
$150
Iberostar Anthelia(Costa Adeje)
$246
$137
$547
H10 Gran Tinerfe(Costa Adeje)
$159
2,403 results
All reviewsclub roomla caletajade stoneclub breakfastkids clubsalt waterstar hotelseparate showerduty managersaltwater poollovely hotelhuge bathroomsea viewbuffet restaurantmini barplenty of sunbedswelcome drink
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We arrived on a last minute holiday! We were greeted well and we're given an upgrade in room (but it wasn't ready), so we went and had some lunch -thoughts the food was average especially for a 5star hotel -which in now a day standards this isn't!!!-- the breakfasts had a good choice but I did not feel the quality of products used were great!.

After a day or so we realised that the room had not been cleaned well and that dead animals had gone unnoticed!..

I would say the only good thing or above average about this hotel is the sushi restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Catererz
ventaslacaleta, Director of Sales at Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa, Costa Adeje, Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for your comment about the Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa.
We apologise that all aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations.Please take into account that all your comments about the room and the food offered in the hotel will be passed on to our entire team in order to improve our service.
We do appreciate all comments, complaints and suggestions as with these we can adapt our facilities and services to our customers´ needs and wants.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a week at this hotel and had a wonderful time- very impressed with hotel and we would return. Very clean and staff friendly and helpful. Fabulous breakfasts and we loved the pool areas.
We didn't eat in the hotel aside from breakfast so can't comment but we did eat in jade stone restaurant which is 2 mins outside front of hotel and worth a visit.
If you go out the back of the hotel , turn left and walk along the beach there are lots of places to eat - la hacienda is one we would recommend.
Perfect hotel if you want a quiet chilled out week - and if you want the partying las Americas is only a ten min cab away !

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lj39

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor about the Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay here.All your comments will be passed on to our entire team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed in the Sheraton last August. We were 4 adults in total. We wouldn't normally travel in August due to it being school holidays but we were there to celebrate my birthday.

The hotel is a medium size resort about 5 minutes drive or 20-30 minutes walk to Costa Adeje. Or alternatively it is a 5 minute taxi ride or 20 minute walk to the beautiful village of Caleta. A taxi to either Adeje or Caleta was about €5 each way. There was a great contrast between Adeje and Caleta. Adeje is a large resort town with all the bars and restaurants full of Brits where as Caleta was a small upmarket town over looking a stunning bay with several very good restaurants. We found an amazing tapas bar which was very reasonable.

We felt the location of the Sheraton was ideal as we were close to the action but could get away if we wanted. There is a small shopping complex directly opposite the hotel. There are 3 restaurants, a supermarket and a few shops. We ate in two of these restaurants. Both were very good and we ate in the Italian everyday for lunch, they did the best pizzas.

We booked one Deluxe Room (Resort View) and one Superior Room (Partial Sea View). However, both rooms were upgraded; Deluxe to Superior and Superior to Premium (Sea View). All 3 room categories are the same, you pay for the view. If I went back I wouldn't bother paying for the upgrade as I didn't feel the sea view was that amazing compared to other hotels were I have stayed.

The rooms were of a good size, we had the twin beds we requested and had a decent selection of TV channels. The bathroom had everything we needed and the AC worked well. They were also very clean and well kept by housekeeping. I could not find any faults with our room.

The hotel has 2 pools, one saltwater and one fresh. In August the kids seemed to over take the fresh water pool so we only used this one day. Even in August we didn't have any trouble finding sun beds.

The breakfast buffet was to a very good standard, serving both English and Continental. We did have to wait to be seated in the morning and the staff did seem to be rushed off their feet, but this is to be expected in the height of summer.

On my birthday the hotel did send me a cake, but unfortunately they sent it to the wrong room. They sent it to my mothers room and not mine.

We had a complementary pass for one day to use in the spa. I am not sure if everybody gets this but it was much appreciated. I believe our travel company gets special added values if you book through them. I think this is why we got our rooms upgraded and was given a comp late check-out until 4 pm on both rooms. They have a very nice spa pool area which I think is about €15-€20 if you had to pay. If we had stayed a second week we would have paid to use the spa again.

The only down side of the Sheraton is that I didn't feel the staff were the best. At check-in the man checking us in didn't seem too bothered , he also failed to mention that when using our free spa pass it needed to be used within the first 3 days of our arrival. When we went to the spa on our 4th day we were told we had to pay as the comp pass was only valid for use on the first 3 days. We got our free pass after we advised this was not explained to us. I really don’t understand why a 5 star hotel feel the need to tell you when to use your free spa pass? I can only assume they want you to use it and then go to the spa again and pay.

As well as this, on our last day we ordered an ice cream from the pool bar. We kept telling the waiter we wanted 2 scoops of ice cream, but he only gave us one. I told him in both English and Spanish and he just wouldn't listen. Then one of his non-Spanish colleagues realized what we wanted. However, the original waiter charged us for 2 single scoops, which was more than paying for 2 scoops together. When we brought this to his attention, he emptied the contents of the ice cream cup back into the fridge and started to serve fresh ice cream. All this was done halfheartedly and we could tell that the waiter wasn't happy.

I have given this review 4 stars as opposed to 5 due to our experience with some of the staff. Also, we stayed at the Sheraton Fuerteventura the year before and that was perfect, great staff, better rooms, the best sea view and a huge thalaso spa pool area. Sheraton Fuerteventura also had a great beach whereas Sheraton Tenerife has an only adequate beach next to the resort with no sun beds to hire.

This is a 5 star hotel, but it is low end 5 star. I have stayed at both the Abama and Bahia Del Duque in Tenerife and these are high end 5 star hotels, but they are double the price of The Sheraton.

Overall we had a great holiday and I would come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I would not bother paying for a sea view room, I did not feel it was worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CB-London2012

Dear Guest,

Firstly we thank you for your comments about Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa. We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay.

We are happy to find out that all the essentials that you needed for your stay were offered in the room you stayed in, we are also happy to hear that you had no trouble in finding any sunbed.
Relating to your comment about your time at the breakfast buffet, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the selection of foods that we offer, but we apologise for your wait when waiting to be seated. As you mentioned your stay was at the height of summer and all our staff are very busy at this time of the year.

We apologise for the mix up of your birthday cake that was sent to your mother’s room and we also apologise that you were not informed about when to use the free entance to the spa.
We will pass your comment on to the Front team.

We do regret with the mix up of the ice cream that you ordered,we have also sent your comment the food and beverage team.

Again we want to thank you for your feedback about the Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa, we take into account all comments, complaints and suggestions as with these we can adapt our facilities and services to our customers needs.
If you have any more concerns please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Best Regards,
Director of Sales

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We have just returned from 10 days in e Sheraton La Caleta. It was our 4th stay and the hotel was better than ever. The staff are hugely helpful, particularly the staff in the breakfast buffet area. My son cannot eat wheat and the staff made sure that every morning there was wheat-free bread and suitable breakfast cereals available for him. He was made to feel very special ! Our initial room was very close to the bar area and was noisy. Christina and the team at reception sorted it out for us next day with no fuss and a move to rooms with a great terrace area.

I agree with the comments regarding the pricing of food in the poolside restaurant. The food is decent but way over priced. We ventured the 200 metres across the road where there was a good Italian pizzeria/ ice cream shop.

I highly recommend this hotel if you want a relaxing chilled out holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your comment about the Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay here, and your son was catered for greatly.
We are glad to also hear that your room change went effectively, and enjoyed the terrace area that we offer for our guests.
Regarding your comment about the food costs at the poolside restaurant, we apologise for this, and will let the Food and Beverage team know about this.
Again thank you for your comments, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2014

hotel room could not wish for better, after all it's a HOLIDAY HOTEL !!!!! daily cleaning 100%
change of towels / sheets 100% you could eat your food of the floor, balcony overgrown by
shrubbery, reception desk staff first class, as are all the staff,
Breakfast hot cold English style and continental , I, didn't choose to dine in for
dinner since the evening meals are now themed, don't like Chinese hard luck,
A wonderful hotel/creche , looking for entertainment , wrong hotel, looking for
solitude right hotel, drinks and food are expensive, as are most things in this hotel,
I,would only choose this hotel if as a parent I wanted to escape the children for about 12hours
Now the good news in brief, make sure you take your CREDIT CARD you will need it
the hotel requires 350 euro's per member of your party as a advance payment, and a block
will be put on the bank card,I, only had a debit card, I, left the hotel owing nothing , my card has still got a block on it,IT took seconds to ring fence the 350 euro's on my bank account and impose a block, up until Wednesday the 16th the block was still in place, NO DEBIT CARDS,

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank reg954
LieDem, Sales Specialist at Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa, Costa Adeje, Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

First we thank you for your comment about the Sheraton Hotel La Caleta Resort & Spa.

We are happy to hear that you found the hotel very clean, and received excellent service from all our staff.

Relating to your comment about the evening meals, we do have theme nights in our buffet restaurant (Italian, BBQ, Surf & Turf, Mediterranean and Spanish nights) but we also offer our guests the possibility to use our à-la-carte restaurants, including the Kamakura Restaurant which specializes in Japanese food and the La Venta Restaurant which offers Spanish Cuisine.

Relating to your comment about the card situation, a Credit Card is required upon check in, in order to insure the extras and consumptions during our guests stay. For those guests who prefer to use a debit card, we need to block a certain amount, however this is refunded depending on the amount of all extras the guest consumes in the hotel. Then it depends on the policy of the bank that issued the card how long it takes to refund it. Another way to guarantee the credit is cash in advance which will be refunded on check out depending on the amount of consumptions. We apologise for the confusion.

I would like to let you know that all your comments will be passed on to our entire team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future,