Stayed here for week 2-9th March.
Obviously we all judge hotels , etc differently so I can only offer notes on my stay.
Impressive hotel, although some public seating areas look a little shabby, and could do with re upholstery update. Room could , yes do with a makeover , esp for a 4 star.
The bathroom was badly laid out, making it difficult to manouvere around, mainly due to a over large sink area.
I requested a 4th floor above swimming pool and thats exactly what i got, email hotel prior to travel ( details on Iberostar site ) and request which room you may prefer. I also advised them of husband birthday and was presented with cake and champagne in room.
There were a lot of older clientele there , but this may have been due to time of year travelled. Very few children there. but even in height of summer i dont think this is a family type hotel.
The pools lovely, one of which was heated, we had no problem with sunbeds.
The steps and path down to beach is quite steep and may be difficult for the less mobile, but once there, a lovely walk in either direction to main las americas or costa adege.
The buffett meals are well laid out in a pleasant setting, although it was difficult on occasions to find empty table. Plenty of choice although if there for a forthnight would i believe be very repetative. You do have to pay for drinks on leaving at each meal time, rather than able to add them to room no and pay later.
There a a few nice bars , restaurants, karoake type just over road from hotel, the star bar and next door with titch were good fun, good measures and not bad prices.
A nice shopping centre just up road also, bought a bargain digi cam / video, from first shop on right as you go in, got full warranty and all in excellent working order, 3rd of price from uk.
BEACH TOWELS, hire at reception, 10 euro each full refund on return, saves on weight in case
TEA, awful, take your own tea bags and take down to make decent cuppa on morning, although coffee is lovely
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa hotel is like a good wine, improving over the years so you can experience something new during each stay. The stunning sea views, its location just four minutes’ walk from the beach, its huge main pool and the pleasures of the VIP area all mean that visitors like you return 3 or 4 times in the same year. Discover more reasons why you will also want to come back to one of the best hotels in south Tenerife. Endless relaxation. Whether you come as a couple or with your family, at this hotel in Tenerife you’ll have rooms with comfortable bedrooms and a balcony where you can feel the Atlantic breeze or breathe in the fresh mountain air. And best of all, at the IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa you can get to Playa del Bobo in the time it takes to finish an ice cream at the pool bar. Star Prestige. Would you like to enjoy a completely exclusive experience? Counting the bubbles in the whirlpool bath or stretching out on the Balinese beds after trying the sensations shower are just a few of the experiences you can enjoy in the Star Prestige adults-only rooms at your hotel in Tenerife. A delicious stay. You can’t leave the islands without trying the delicious Canary Island cuisine or indulging in the flavours from around the world in our restaurants. Our buffet will leave you lost for words! And if you want to unwind, try the classic honey rum or a drink of your choice in any of the bars of your hotel in Costa Adeje. Submerge yourself in the ocean. The calm seas at Playa del Bobo are perfect for little ones to go for a swim, while lying on the sand is the best way to take advantage of the average Canary Island temperature of 22ºC. And if you prefer to stay in the hotel, you can gaze at the Atlantic Ocean while swimming in the large main pool. Fun in the water. The local people love the beach and fruit so much that, besides the home-grown bananas, there are inflatable versions pulled around by speed boats! You’ll feel like you’re on an ocean-going roller coaster when you go on the banana boat. And there are many more water sports: surfing, windsurfing, sailing, jet-skiing, catamaran trips, fishing trips, etc. And on dry land, the youngsters dress up as their favourite characters or pretend to be lovable pirates searching for treasure in the Miniclub. And the grown-ups can enjoy activities from golf or fitness to archery. Fancy a romantic dinner? Don’t worry, you can do just that; there’s an evening babysitting service available so that couples can have some intimacy. Spectacular pools, both in terms of their size and their settings. At midday, you can’t miss the weekly show cooking of paella or Canary Island dishes performed outdoors by the head chef. And for the rest of the day, choose the sun lounger you like most and stay refreshed with a sorbet or ice cream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Iberostar Bouganville Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Bouganville Playa Hotel Costa Adeje
- Iberostar Hotel Bouganville Playa
- Iberostar Hotel Adeje
- Bouganville Playa Tenerife
- Iberostar Bouganville Playa Tenerife/Costa Adeje