Iberostar Bouganville Playa
Royal Garden Villas(Costa Adeje)
$420
Bahia del Duque(Costa Adeje)
$1,110
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Anthelia(Costa Adeje)
$249
$139
Melia Jardines del Teide(Costa Adeje)
$139
$132
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
$552
H10 Gran Tinerfe(Costa Adeje)
$131
4,129 results
All reviewsstar prestigehalf boardstar barside sea viewpheasant pluckerpool areasky sportsplenty of choicegreat holidayplenty of sunbedsanimation teamwalk in showermeal timesreception staffbreakfast and dinnerlas americassomething for everyone
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I strongly advise from people booking this hotel, i have just spent 5 nights at Bouganville my mum spent 2 weeks and sister ten days, honestly for us ALL it was the worst hotel experiance. Good points was the kids entertainment and hotel location, BAD POINTS . . . the staff were horribe really snotty and talk down to you. Apart from the entertainment team i actually only seen 4 staff smile the whole time i was there. I stayed bed and breakfast while my mum was all inclusive (big mistake food awful) and one night i decided to eat in the buffet resturant with them, as there was a till at the front of the resturant i assumed that you pay at the end, in the middle of my starter the waiter came over in a huff telling me i should of paid at reception before coming down the resurant then you take your drinks receipt back up to pay after the meal. The waiter made me feel so little and ashamed (he stood talking down to me for so long a lot of people were looking) i stood up to pay before even finishing my starter, the manager had to escort me to reception to pay (must of thought i was gonna do a runner even though i was staying in the hotel). As i got to reception and the manager explained to woman behind the desk what had happend she actually ROLLED her eyes me, again i felt so small, im a twenty seven year old with my 4 year old boy with me and felt like a school girl being told off, as i walked away had to stop myself from crying in front of my son. I paid 25 euros in total for a drink, a bit of bread and pate, then as me and my little boy was hungry, we went across the road to eat at a bar. The rooms are falling to bits, holes in curtains, bedding and towels. All furniture chipped, coming away and old. Toilet stained when i checked in and stayed stained till i checked out. The lifts can be busy during certain times of day but not as bad as some iv been to. Night time entertainment is good and lots to do during the day. My sister also had a bad experiance with staff, she was only due to stay for a week but as i was going over she decided to stay, she went down to reception on a sunday to see if she could book her room longer and the woman behind desk showed my sister her computer screen and explained that her room was free and what price it will be but she would have to come back the next day as they cant take bookings on a sunday. The next morning she went back to reception and a different woman spoke to her like she was mad and imagaining the night before. She told her the room wasnt available and she couldn't have been told otherwise, again my sister got really upset as she had already re booked her flight thinking she could have the room. Luckily we went on the internet and got a room for a lot cheeper, and was able to stay in the same room that apparently wasn't available. If someone offered to pay for me to stay here, i would rather stay at home in the pouring down rain.

Room Tip: Don't book a room at this hotel at all!
9  Thank megan p
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Bouganville Playa, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your preference in selecting the Iberostar Bouganville Playa for your vacation, as well as for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience.

We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies. At Iberostar Bouganville Playa, we continuously strive to meet your needs and desires; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We took good note of your comments related to the quality off the food, drinks and service in our restaurant and we passed them to the responsible of our F&B department in order to revise and improve them.

Also, we regret your disappointment about the room and the staff because we always attempt that our guests feel very comfortable, well installed and welcome.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures and prevent any future occurrences.

On the other hand, we are pleased to read that you did enjoy the animation and the hotel location. We hope to may take the opportunity to serve you again and cause through our high quality service and the fulfilment of our Iberostar hotel standards, a good and lasting impression.

Yours faithfully,

Online Reputation Manager
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed for 10 days from 13th March 2012 and we are returning next February for our 3rd visit. The weather was very pleasant, mostly in low 20s. The area was quiet and clean. Playa del Bobo beach is a short walk down quite a lot of steps from the side gate at the pool (need room key card to come back in). There are a couple of nice shops and a post box right here near the gate in the C.C. Pueblo Canario. There is a Mercadona supermarket, a pharmacy and local bus stops (both directions) at the C.C. San Eugenio (shopping centre) beside Iberostar Las Dalias. It itakes about 10 minutes to walk downhill from the front door to the Costa Adeje bus station. It is maybe 1.5 miles to the 3 big shopping centres at Las Americas. At Las Americas the bus stops for both directions are at the corner near Hotels Volcano, Oasis and the cinema at Zentral Center.
On arrival we were greeted with fruit juice and the reception staff were always helpful and pleasant. All the cleaning and restaurant staff were very nice and also busy. A man whom we assume is the manager can be seen walking all around the hotel. I was surprised he never smiled or greeted guests. Beach towels from reception - deposit of €5 per towel. There are scales to weigh your cases. Internet room - coin operated, 10 cents per minute.
Our room was very good overall. The beds were very comfortable. The room was cleaned every day with plenty of changes of linen. A nice selection of toiletries was provided and there is a shampoo/ shower gel dispenser at the shower. Hair dryer is beside the mirror. There is a fridge but no kettle. There is a clothes line on the balcony. The safe cost €27 for 10 days. We thought the air conditioning worked well. The luggage stand was a bit battered which is understandable. The curtains were difficult to close. The patio door lock was feeble but I doubt anyone would be attempting to break in from outside on the 4th floor. Paint was peeling off the inside of the bath which didn’t worry us as we always have showers. Our room was near the main road at the front of the hotel and we had the benefit(?) of the music from the pubs opposite but no entertainment noise from within the hotel. I think the pub music finished about midnight.
Meals – We were half board and we could have swapped dinner for lunch in the restaurant near the big pool. Breakfasts – We think the food selection is excellent although I don’t eat breakfast fries or cereals. I did see English sausages. There are breads, cereals, croissants, cheese, cold meats, salad, fruit, churros, fresh pancakes and lots more. I don’t like the fruit juice drinks from the machines so I buy pure orange juice in the supermarket. My husband isn’t keen on the coffee from the pots so he started using the sachets of decaffeinated coffee which sit beside the tea bags. Some mornings there was cava!
Dinner – again we are very happy with the wide selection of food. Men need long trousers and shirts with short or long sleeves. There is always a chef carving a different meat each evening e.g. beef, pork, lamb, turkey or salmon. Another chef cooks fresh meat e.g. steak, lamb chops or chicken fillets. A third chef cooks fresh fish. On top of this the head chef often cooks a fresh speciality such as prawns with pasta, mussels or chicken. There are lots more fish, meat and vegetable dishes, pasta and pizza available at the buffet plus a different paella each night. There is always the local speciality papas arrugadas (potatoes boiled in salty water) and red and green mojo sauces. If you don’t finish your wine they will store it for the next evening. Lots of salads, breads. Hot and cold soups. Microwave for those who want it. Desserts – fruit, cakes, mousses, rice pudding, cheeses, 4 ice cream flavours and toppings. Some nights there were hot bananas in sauce or hot baked apples.
There is a corner with a selection of food for diabetics, coeliacs etc.
Wine menu – There is very little information to help you choose the wine other than its origins. I chose a wine which was described as smooth but it was far too sweet for us. I would like to see more information about the wine on the wine list.
One evening each week the entertainment staff wear traditional costume and you can have your photograph taken with them. In the evenings there are usually a few stalls selling souvenirs outside the dining room.
We thought the hotel and grounds were well maintained and clean. There were workmen and painters at work, presumably in order to get things done before the summer crowds arrive. There are 2 large pools, a gym and a busy entertainment programme. Lots of lounges to relax in. There was a lot of guests speaking Spanish, German, French and Italian and so on and they were a very pleasant bunch. You can make a lot of friends in the lift!
Excursions – We booked 2 outings with the Tenerife Sunshine office. Walk up to the roundabout at C.C. San Eugenio and turn left downhill towards Puerto Colon marina (C. Gran Bretaña). The office is on your right halfway down. We found them helpful and well priced this and other years, much cheaper than Thomas Cook etc. When you come out of the office walk straight across the road, keep going and the path brings you back to the side of our hotel across a little bridge. The tour buses will collect you from the hotel gate. The guide usually repeats the information in several languages.
Whale watching – the Freebird One 4 U catamaran trip from Puerto Colon. 10am -1pm. We walked down to the harbour from the hotel – about 10 mins walk. Very enjoyable trip. Saw lots of pilot whales and a glimpse of bottlenose dolphins. Includes nonstop wine, beer, water and fizzy drinks and one small cheese and ham baguette per person. Ice cream (€1) and crisps (€2) for sale. They took us to a beach to swim but there were lots of jellyfish. Don’t put ANY paper down the toilets. DVD of your trip €35. Photographs €10 each or €15 for 2. It was over 30 Celsius that day.
West Coast Tour – Teide, Masca, Icod, Garachico. Good day out. Lunch in Garachico – lots of restaurants and bars. Need decent shoes/sandals to walk at Masca. Teide – can be cold, windy and wet, or warm and sunny.
We took the express bus from the Costa Adeje bus station to Santa Cruz and spent a lovely day exploring. The people in the tourist offices in Las Americas and Troya beach had given us some maps and information which was very helpful. I loved the 2 storey market called La Recova or El Mercado de Nuestra Senora de Africa. Great place for snacks.
We found the north and west of the island very nice but colder with more rain.
Finally, I think the fact that we have booked our 3rd holiday at this hotel speaks for itself.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
18  Thank collingwood39
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Just returned from this hotel and I had a great family holiday. This is our third time in tenerife but this hotel is the best hotel by far. The staff and entertaintment team where oustanding. The entertaintment team especailly never stop and keep all age groups happy. The food was super and our 11 year old always had something they liked. The all inclusive is well worth it and it was a good touch to get a bottle of wine with your evening meal. The managment team are visable throughout the day and always look to get the best from their staff which benefits the customer. Rooms are a little tired but very comfortable and kept clean to a high standard. Hope to return next year and recommdend a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool or sea view and the view is excellent
10  Thank 88Davie
Reviewed July 13, 2012

we have just came back from our holiday in tenerife and was so glad we stayed at this hotel it was like a palace the hotel itself is absolutely spotless and the staff and all the entertainment team are so friendly the food is excellant we met loads of nice people and met a couple who we really got on with amy@warren and their son riley we really got on well with them and they really liked the hotel i would certainly recommend this hotel as a 5 star hotel so thank you iberostar bouganville for a wonderfull holiday would definetly would return " excellant"

Room Tip: to me all the rooms are wherever you are is excellant
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank stereo9
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We found this hotel to be brilliant in terms of it's location. (Travelling with family and kids) Area feels very safe and has a really nice atmosphere. The food is lovely and there is lots to choose from. The service we received in the hotel dinning room was excellent, in particular from Domingo, who works at what looks like 100 miles an hour and seems to be there 24/7. Half board so we were able to go out for lunch. Prices in local bars, restaurants and supermarkets were all very very reasonable. Facilities for children were very good. Hotel pools were also very nice and clean. Our room was on 2nd floor and had nice views over the sea (268)

Room Tip: Room 268 has it all - nice view of sea (and next door's pool) Also you get the sun in the late afternoon. It's not too high up, which is a good thing as the lifts take ages
3  Thank yvonnepk32