My wife & I Went Half board for 8 days, (without the kids). A little bit expensive, although what you spend 'up fron' makes a big difference in what you spend for the rest of the holiday.
This was the first time goinghalf board, we usually go self catering. I would definately do it again. So relaxing not having to go shoping for food - breakfasts, milk, caffee etc not to mention lunches - don't even have to think about where to go for evening meals. We counted our money a a few days from the end of the holiday & couldn't believe how little we had spent - eating out every lunchtime & having a good time.
The hotel was clean, the staff were very helpful, most of the hotel had been renovated / given a face lift, however, the rooms were good but could do with the same updating. Eg I would give the hotel an 8.5 out of 10 but the room a 7..... Having said that, the rooms were very adequate with a TV, fridge, phone, balcony etc. The rooms were serviced every day.
The air circulating vents didn't make much of a difference, so you had to leave the balcony door open in the evenings. It was very hot when we were there - about 30 degrees & very humid.
Evenings were noisy if you left the balcony door open due to cabaret etc going on in local bars & restaurants, although this is not a fault with the bouganville.
The breakfasts were amazing - fresh fruit, cereal, tea coffee, ham, cheese, fresh cooked omelettes while you wait, same with fried eggs, bacon sausages, cheese, cold meats, croissants, pastries, even champagne some days - everything you could imagine.
Evening meals were even better - they change the theme every evening. More than I could mention, all types of chops, roast meats, fresh cooked fish fillets, pasta, loads of salads & veg - everything ! Couldn't fault the food.... Don't be late though. It gets very busy - there is plenty of food, its just crowded. Leave it too late & you may have to queue....
Only a couple of points to mention, (not even complaints).
The lifts have the craziest logic - didn't figure it out even after a week. Most of the time we opted for the stairs. I supose that's a good thing. We were fitter after the stay !
No free wi-fi in the hotel & it is very very expensive when you pay for it at reception.
The hotel is expensive ti 'use'.. Eg. Two spirit drinks with coke was 12 euros - walk out the door & across the street & get exactly the same for 4 euros. Some places even less. There is no excuse for this - on a tax free island !
Round the pool is very very very crowded - a bit like sardines. Most days we went to the beach because it was so crowded.
One little secret - there is a sunbathing area on the roof. Very quiet & only a few people ever go there. Amazing views.....
All in all an excellent hotel. A tiny bit expensive, but well worth it for the relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PLEASE NOTE: For reasons beyond our control, the main pool will be closed until 15th May 2017. The hotel has another pool which will remain open. We apologise for the inconvenience. The IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa 4 star family and spa hotel in Tenerife is like a good wine, getting better over the years so you can experience something new during each stay. The stunning sea views, its huge main pool or the pleasures of the VIP area mean that travellers like you visit us 3 or 4 times in the same year. Discover more reasons why you will also want to come back to one of the best hotels in south Tenerife. Endless rest. Whether you come as a couple or with your family, in this hotel in Tenerife you’ll have rooms with comfortable bedrooms and a balcony where you’ll feel the breeze off the Atlantic or breathe in the fresh mountain air. While your children make lifelong friends in our kids’ club. And best of all, at the IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa you can get to Playa del Bobo in the time it takes to finish a drink from the minibar. Star Prestige. Would you like to enjoy a completely exclusive experience? Counting the bubbles in the whirlpool bath or stretching out on the Balinese beds after trying the sensations shower are just a few of the experiences you can enjoy in the Star Prestige adults-only rooms at your hotel in Tenerife. A delicious stay. You can’t leave the islands without trying the delicious Canary Island cuisine or indulging in the flavours from around the world in our restaurants. Our buffet will leave you lost for words! And if you want to unwind, don’t miss the classic honey rum or a drink of your choice in any of the bars of your hotel in Costa Adeje. Imbibe the sea. The calm seas at Playa del Bobo are perfect for little ones to go for a swim, while lying on the sand is the best way to take advantage of the average temperature of 22ºC found in the Canaries. And if you prefer to stay in the hotel, you can gaze at the Atlantic Ocean while swimming in the large main pool. Fun in the water. The local inhabitants love the beach and fruit so much that, besides the home-grown bananas, there are inflatable versions pulled around by speed boats! Feel like you’re on a roller coaster on the sea when you go banana boating. And there are many more water sports: surfing, windsurfing, sailing, jet-ski, catamaran trips, fishing trips, etc. And on dry land, the youngsters dress up as their favourite characters or pretend to be lovable pirates searching for treasure in the Miniclub. And the grown-ups enjoy activities such as golf, to fitness or archery. Fancy a romantic dinner? Don’t worry; you can because there’s also an evening babysitting service so couples can have some intimacy. Spectacular pools, in terms of both how big they are and what happens around them. At midday, you can’t miss the weekly show cooking of paella or Canary Island recipes performed outdoors by the head chef. And for the rest of the day, choose the sun lounger you like most and stay refreshed with a sorbet or ice cream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Bouganville Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Bouganville Playa Hotel Costa Adeje
- Iberostar Hotel Bouganville Playa
- Iberostar Hotel Adeje
- Bouganville Playa Tenerife
- Iberostar Bouganville Playa Tenerife/Costa Adeje