“Air con”

and 1 more site!
Playa Olid Apartments
Ranked #38 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Cracking location, been to Tenerife many times but fed up with Americas, staff are superb, pools fine, but the lack of air con is such a drawback, we hired a fan but not enough. Location perfect, Miguel angel local restaurant is perfect to dine as the all inclusive gets you down. Food at olid is what it is, ok for a couple of days but hey get out and sample local cuisines. Helpful and supportive staff, plus I had a bad back and the massage guys were amazing. Julien Jesus at the pool bar is a legend, tell him I sent you you'll get a large one.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here for 2weeks in August self catering hotel fine rooms very spacious and very clean only down fall was the sofa bed was very uncomfortable for me everyone else seemed to be all inclusive but we were self catering so can't comment on the meals although the poolside bar did serve snacks such as toasties chips and chicken nuggets which we did have a few times when we stayed round the pool .wouldnt stay here again simply because of the climb up to the hotel a bit of a hill 10min walk down to beach and half hour walk back and as we like the beach would choose to be nearer to beach

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marie E
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Have just returned from a lovely week party of 10 to Playa Olid. Had a fab time. Reception lady Franchesca i think her name was was very helpful with our check in. We had requested our rooms together which we managed to get. Rooms very spacious with English TV. Could not fault any of the staff all were really friendly and worked really hard. Food great good choice especially liked the fresh meat cooked to your liking. Our children had a great time with the animation team and made some nice friends. a good 10 minute walk to the beach and shops. Siam water park is a must or aqualand for younger kids, would definately return in the future.

1  Thank LAYLAS123
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Playa Grande is the best of Cabo. Hospitality galore and beautiful rooms with magnificient views.
Luis was the bomb as activities coordinator and even teaches Spanish to guests! My only complaint is that people go to the pool very early and put their towels on lounge chairs then leave and then return hours later making it impossible to find a seat. This should definitely be monitored by the pool staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeri C
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have just returned from our 2 week stay at the Playa Olid,what a great family hotel,the staff were faultless, cleanliness was excellent. I enjoyed the food but unfortunatly my wife and 17 year old daughter found that it was not quite to their taste, they found something to eat every meal time though, the only thing that slightly let this hotel down was the lack of air conditioning or even a fan in the rooms would be worthty of another star if it had something, we are booking another stay at the Playa Olid next year looking forward to it.

Room Tip: We had a room on floor five no lift to it great view from balcony, was worth the stairs
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed as a family of 3 from the 11th oct - 18th and we had a blast :) We got a dated room much to my disappointment but the room was clean and did the job for the week, not having air con was a down side for me and the hotel would have been perfect if we had air con. I couldn't sleep at night as it was to hot and it was noisy but you cant have it all I guess.
The food was good and I loved it if I am honest, there are people in the UK going to food banks and people in the hotel are moaning about the food which I couldn't get? The burgers are not nice at the snack bar or in the canteen but why eat burgers on holiday when there are fresh meats being cooked in front of you like pork, chicken, steak and fresh fish, the sea food was really good as was the salads and deserts :) There are other meat dishes and Spanish food or German food if you wanted to try it but I kept to the fresh meat and fish which is cooked in front of you. The hotel also does packed lunches for you which is ideal for trips to the water park or any were else that takes your fancy, they give you sandwiches with ham and cheese, bananas, apples, juice and water and it does the job and saves you money.
I couldn't tell you what the entertainment was like as I sat out side at the front drinking smoking and chatting with people I had met while on holiday there :) My son is 12 so he wasn't interested in the entertainment but him and his friends played at the pool table which costs 1 euro a game along with the x box which costs 2 euro a game! The hotel could have maybe thought of entertainment for the older kids by allowing the pool table to be free instead of making more money!
Over all I enjoyed my holiday and met lots of lovely people including all the staff who work very hard except for one older grumpy man at the reception area who was rude but one person isn't so bad and you meet rude people back at home also. I would return to the area but not the hotel but this is down to not having air con and the price we paid which was over priced for a 3 star hotel to be honest, if I got a good last minute deal and the hotel had air con then I would go back.
Just another tip to be noted, people who book last minute and who don't have a family get the up graded rooms and those with a family who pay more get the older style rooms for some reason?
I hope this review has helped you and don't worry to much about the rooms or the food as its not as bad as older reviews have made out, enjoy :)

3  Thank Scotlandzoe
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was our 2nd stay @ Playa Olid having stayed for a week in October 2012 we (hubby, me & 2 sons aged 6 & 4) returned for 10 days this year. We arrived 5 hours before check in time but were given our room immediately, we stayed in a premium room again & find that it is worth paying the small extra amount to do so. The only thing missing is air con but we hired a fan for €35 for our stay including the €10 deposit. The staff are brilliant, my son was over the moon to see that Jobanny was still working in the restaurant, he's a lovely man who went out his way to make our meals a pleasant experience. The food was good again, plenty of choice & always hot, the themed evenings are a good as well. We sat at the small kids pool that has astro turf round it & is only 50cm deep which meant that we could relax without having to worry about the kids slipping & hurting themselves, always lots of sun beds & brollies. Evening entertainment was ok, kids loved the mini disco & Maggie & Christina were fab with them all. I believe there is a kids club but I wouldn't leave my children with strangers at home so don't do it abroad either. All in all another excellent value relaxing holiday had by the whole family & I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Regency Torviscas Apartments and Suites
Aparthotel Parque de la Paz
Aparthotel Parque de la Paz
#19 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Playa Olid Apartments? Share your experiences!