“Playa Olid Costa Adeje”

and 1 more site!
Playa Olid Apartments
Ranked #37 of 59 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Have just returned from a lovely week party of 10 to Playa Olid. Had a fab time. Reception lady Franchesca i think her name was was very helpful with our check in. We had requested our rooms together which we managed to get. Rooms very spacious with English TV. Could not fault any of the staff all were really friendly and worked really hard. Food great good choice especially liked the fresh meat cooked to your liking. Our children had a great time with the animation team and made some nice friends. a good 10 minute walk to the beach and shops. Siam water park is a must or aqualand for younger kids, would definately return in the future.

1  Thank LAYLAS123
There are newer reviews for Playa Olid Apartments

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Playa Grande is the best of Cabo. Hospitality galore and beautiful rooms with magnificient views.
Luis was the bomb as activities coordinator and even teaches Spanish to guests! My only complaint is that people go to the pool very early and put their towels on lounge chairs then leave and then return hours later making it impossible to find a seat. This should definitely be monitored by the pool staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeri C
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have just returned from our 2 week stay at the Playa Olid,what a great family hotel,the staff were faultless, cleanliness was excellent. I enjoyed the food but unfortunatly my wife and 17 year old daughter found that it was not quite to their taste, they found something to eat every meal time though, the only thing that slightly let this hotel down was the lack of air conditioning or even a fan in the rooms would be worthty of another star if it had something, we are booking another stay at the Playa Olid next year looking forward to it.

Room Tip: We had a room on floor five no lift to it great view from balcony, was worth the stairs
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed as a family of 3 from the 11th oct - 18th and we had a blast :) We got a dated room much to my disappointment but the room was clean and did the job for the week, not having air con was a down side for me and the hotel would have been perfect if we had air con. I couldn't sleep at night as it was to hot and it was noisy but you cant have it all I guess.
The food was good and I loved it if I am honest, there are people in the UK going to food banks and people in the hotel are moaning about the food which I couldn't get? The burgers are not nice at the snack bar or in the canteen but why eat burgers on holiday when there are fresh meats being cooked in front of you like pork, chicken, steak and fresh fish, the sea food was really good as was the salads and deserts :) There are other meat dishes and Spanish food or German food if you wanted to try it but I kept to the fresh meat and fish which is cooked in front of you. The hotel also does packed lunches for you which is ideal for trips to the water park or any were else that takes your fancy, they give you sandwiches with ham and cheese, bananas, apples, juice and water and it does the job and saves you money.
I couldn't tell you what the entertainment was like as I sat out side at the front drinking smoking and chatting with people I had met while on holiday there :) My son is 12 so he wasn't interested in the entertainment but him and his friends played at the pool table which costs 1 euro a game along with the x box which costs 2 euro a game! The hotel could have maybe thought of entertainment for the older kids by allowing the pool table to be free instead of making more money!
Over all I enjoyed my holiday and met lots of lovely people including all the staff who work very hard except for one older grumpy man at the reception area who was rude but one person isn't so bad and you meet rude people back at home also. I would return to the area but not the hotel but this is down to not having air con and the price we paid which was over priced for a 3 star hotel to be honest, if I got a good last minute deal and the hotel had air con then I would go back.
Just another tip to be noted, people who book last minute and who don't have a family get the up graded rooms and those with a family who pay more get the older style rooms for some reason?
I hope this review has helped you and don't worry to much about the rooms or the food as its not as bad as older reviews have made out, enjoy :)

3  Thank Scotlandzoe
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was our 2nd stay @ Playa Olid having stayed for a week in October 2012 we (hubby, me & 2 sons aged 6 & 4) returned for 10 days this year. We arrived 5 hours before check in time but were given our room immediately, we stayed in a premium room again & find that it is worth paying the small extra amount to do so. The only thing missing is air con but we hired a fan for €35 for our stay including the €10 deposit. The staff are brilliant, my son was over the moon to see that Jobanny was still working in the restaurant, he's a lovely man who went out his way to make our meals a pleasant experience. The food was good again, plenty of choice & always hot, the themed evenings are a good as well. We sat at the small kids pool that has astro turf round it & is only 50cm deep which meant that we could relax without having to worry about the kids slipping & hurting themselves, always lots of sun beds & brollies. Evening entertainment was ok, kids loved the mini disco & Maggie & Christina were fab with them all. I believe there is a kids club but I wouldn't leave my children with strangers at home so don't do it abroad either. All in all another excellent value relaxing holiday had by the whole family & I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KimMc3307
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 2pm (the time it states to check in on the booking) and were told we had to wait for an hour for our room to be ready, after which we were told another half an hour! It was eventually ready and how disappointed we were. If you are going to stay here, PLEASE make sure you pay the extra for a refurbished room, we thought we had a refurb room (error with the company that booked it for us) and we were very disappointed. Dated, dreary, noisy, broken are a few polite words for the room! The hotel is right next to a main road so if your room is on this side, dont expect any sleep! We couldnt (even though we requested a quiet room!) No air-con but we didnt get charged much to hire the fan? Maybe others were charged more. Pool areas are dirty, empty cups and cigarette butts all over, and dirt marks all around the edges of the pool and floor tiles. The food is..... average i guess. We survived on pastries for breakfast, cold chips and pizza at lunchtime, and usually chips again for tea! The theme nights were better, chinese and mexican we enjoyed! The restaurant staff are lovely, so friendly and helpful! but they do snatch your plates and cutlery away so if you want seconds, beware! The reception staff however, totally different, rude and ignorant!!! We sunbathed on the terrace above the pool, as it was quieter and was generally much cleaner than the pools!! Would never stay here again, although the weather was glorious so at least it hasnt put me off my favourite holiday destination!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank parh85
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here from Oct 4th-11th 2013. As soon as we arrived in the early hours we were made welcome. We found the staff more than welcome and we all enjoyed the stay...party of 6. The food in our all inclusive stay was average to good and the restaurant staff were more than helpful. The drinks were as usual local and not really very good, if you are a drinker of spirits you will find them weak, I drink spirits (vodka) and decided the ales were stronger !!!. On the whole the experience was good but things to look out for are: the only air con you will find is in the reception area, the restaurant and the entertainment area, your room will be like sleeping in an oven and the hotel want silly money to hire a fan. Best to either take a fan with you or hire one there (not from the hotel though). Other minor prob's are the stairways, they are not very well lit at night so do take care. Entertainment is poor and lasts on average 45 mins but you may have a bit of a laugh, or you may not. All in all I would recommend the Olid but as they say, you get what you pay for. Cheers.

Room Tip: Find one with air con !!!!!!!
2  Thank Mr H
#15 of 59 in Costa Adeje
GF Isabel
GF Isabel
#18 of 59 in Costa Adeje

Been to Playa Olid Apartments? Share your experiences!