“lovely hotel”
Review of HOVIMA Santa Maria

HOVIMA Santa Maria
Ranked #40 of 61 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed May 18, 2012

second time here just returned after a lovely 10 days there friendly staff very clean plenty of sunbeds with mattreses every day

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank NottsSarb
Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Spent 10 days in Tenerife(first time),booked this hotel online and we were not disappointed,had a pleasant holiday.Staff were very friendly and helpful.We(me and my husband) had a room with a fantastic view.Hotel is very closed to shops and to the beach.Would visit again.Thank you for the lovely stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Maryc896
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed in room 1111 for 28 days in September 2011.
Staff were friendly to start with, very welcoming. In a lovely area for older people, couples or families. Definately not 5 minutes from the strip.
Good Points-
- Nice beach opposite.
- Lots of sun loungers
- Lots of shops and restaurants nearby

Bad Points
THE MANAGEMENT HATE ENGLISH... My second night, I had left my balcony doors open because it was so hot and the ENTERTAINMENT man who lived next to me decided to come in and snoop around my apartment and watched me in the shower. I then confronted him in which he would not get out of my apartment. When he finally went he begged me not to tell anyone because he would lose his job. I have never been so scared in my life. I was an 18 year old girl on my own. I was terrified, I went up to reception to report him and didnt really understand what i was saying but the head receptionist came to my room and tried to talk to myneighbour.
He then used to follow me to work and on another occasion threw a glass and myself and friends, this was witnessed by other guests at Santa Maria.
Myself and the owner of the apartment had a meeting with the hotel manager in which she told me i was a liar and that i had invited him into my hotel room to remove a cockroach from the balcony. she did not want to help at all.
Another incident which made me decide to return to the UK was, myself and 2 of my friends had a night out in Las Americas, where we worked. On returning home we realised one of my friends had had her drink spiked and was vomiting and fitting., I ran to reception to ask for an ambulance and they toldme 'we were typical english drunks'
the receptionist then came down and saw my friends and called a doctor NOT ambulance... after an hour the doctor turnedup and told us if my friend didnt get to hospital now then she was gonna have a heart attack.. I was begging reception to get me an ambulance, this was seen by a number of english people crowding round. in the end we did get to hospital and after spending all day in hospital my friend was finally allowed home after a 200 euro hospital bill.

Staying in this hotel was the worst experience of my life and I would not trust any of the staff especially the entertainment man....
I've had to have counselling since returning back to England.

Happy Holidays,.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
11  Thank Katie B
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Apartment close to beach restaurants shops, ideal location, friendly staff, lots of sunbeds available, apartment was very comfortable, breakfast good choice. Lovely pool area, would definitely go again had lovely holiday.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank cmw66
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed at the Santa Maria for one week in April 2012. Booked a private studio room on ground floor facing pool. Room was fully equipped and ideal for small family
Hotel was very nice and staff were excellent and very helpful. Location is great as its only a short walk to beach and there are lots and lots of excellent restaurant all within walking distance. Hotel has 2 adult pools and 2 small pools for children. There is also a bar in pool area.
Would recommend the hotel and it’s a place we will defiantly be visiting again

Some restaurants that we visited
Coeur de Filet
Rosso Sul Mare Restaurant & Wine Bar
Gran Reserva

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank HHHAAA
Reviewed April 22, 2012

just arrived back after a week with 3 of my friends, santa maria is convenient to all restaurants the beach and bars. it was clean friendly and had a great pool. the shower in our apartment flooded so we had to us the un-suit in the other bedroom. there was plenty of space a big balcony, kitchen had hob microwave and fridge, only small cups so take mugs for a good cuppa. pool and bar really nice for meals and nice for a drink, the sun beds were comfy and all round sun.
overall good value would go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank diannelodge
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Really Glad we booked here Again, This is our second stay at the Santa Maria as it is a great Location to beach bars ect. We went Half Board First Time but got a bit bored with it so went self catering this time which was alot better as their are plenty of good bars/Resturants nearby at a good price! I.E The Sun Inn, The Wigan Pier. Which are only 2 mins round corner. Pool area was fab for our two Kids aged 6 & 3 as they had separate pools. Hotel Was Clean and rooms were very Spacious. Would Def Stay Again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family