Neptuno Aparthotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Royal Garden Villas(Costa Adeje)
$446
$421
$119
  • Restaurant
Iberostar Anthelia(Costa Adeje)
$243
GF Fanabe(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
$111
  • Breakfast included
$207
$174
  • Breakfast included
GF Isabel(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
$108
$104
  • Restaurant
$571
Tinerfe Garden(Costa Adeje)
$46
  • Pool
Hotel Malibu Park(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
$68
Hotel Troya(Costa Adeje)
$566
$511
HotelsClick
  • Beachfront
All reviewssteep hillfree buspool barthese apartmentsdanish bakeryregency clubcost around euroslas americas and los cristianosapartment was spacioussmall supermarketexcept sundayadult poolself cateringmain poolfridge freezertaxi ridemain resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We booked this holiday through travel republic and although there are a few faults with the apartments, which i will come to later, please bear in mind that we paid a total of £412 for the both of us for 7 nights self catering including flights, taxes, baggage, transfers and accomodation.
We arrived at the Neptuno at midday and check in was very efficient. We were given a pass to the free bus service to the beach for the week, which we didnt use, and a voucher for a free bottle of wine if we ate in the restaraunt as well as general information about the complex and area. We also paid 20 euros for use of the tv which showed channels 1,2,3,4,5, itv2 sky news, eurosport and 2 childrens channels.
We had booked a studio and requested a sea view but in fact got a 4 person apartment on the third floor, room 75, with a double balcony with a brilliant sea view and where the sun was on the balcony from approx midday until sunset.
The apartment consisted of kitchen, with oven and hob, toaster, kettle, microwave and plenty of cooking equipment, cutlery etc.
The living area had sofa, chair, spare single bed and tv. We had a large double bedroom with plenty of wardrobe space and seperate bathroom.
The apartment was clean but not spotless and was swept out everyday by the maids. Towels were changed twice during our week and bed sheets once.
Some of the sockets were loose and the wardrobe door was broke but none of the above were any problem.
We did not see one cockroach during our stay and only a handful of ants on the balcony.
The apartments seem to attract a varied crowd ranging from young couples, families, groups of young lads and girls and older couples.
This meant that it could be noisy late at night with talking/laughing and doors banging and the walls between apartments are quite thin.
The pool area is very nice and a real sun trap. We had no problems getting a sun lounger but the area is not very big and i could see this being a problem during high season.
Drinks from the pool bar are reasonably priced and the food is cheap and cheerful.
The complex is located at the top of the hill and is a 10 min walk to the center/beach area. The hill is very steep and although it is not a problem to get up it did get a little tiresome towards the end of the week and we did get a taxi back on the odd occasion at night which cost 4 euros.
All in all if you are looking for a cheap and cheerful break in the sun i would recommend these apartments as the pluses far outweigh any negatives

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
19  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We had every day long walk to the beach, and it was good!

Room Tip: A lot of stairs, but it does good for physiology.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marku07
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I booked this hotel as a last minute deal, departing within a week of booking. I am not generally a fussy person. Here's my honest review of the Neptuno and Costa Adeje.

We were looking for a cheap, week in the sun and we got it! We paid £615 for 2, with flights and extra baggage. Having read some of the reviews on here, I was a little apprehensive!

On arrival, I was pleasantly surprised with the room, which is large and plenty of space for the two of us. We were in 1 of 6 rooms that overlook the small (supposedly heated) pool, with a partial sea view (room 94). The balcony was a decent size, with space for a table, 4 chairs and also a clothes hanger/dryer attached to the wall and still with plenty of room left. The lounge area was also spacious, with the option to pay 20 euros for a weeks rental of the tv, which we did pay, as wanted to relax and stay in some nights. The tv had channels 1,2,3,4,5 plus a few of the extra channels you would normally see on freeview. The kitchen area was off the lounge area, separated by a breakfast bar and the self catering facilities were probably one of the best I have seen in a self catering facility (and I have stayed in a few!). There is a microwave, 2 slice toaster, kettle, fridge (with small freezer section), a 4 plate electric hob, several saucepans, 2 frying pans and most essentially, after reading some of the reviews on here, the Cucuracha (cockroach) spray. More on that later!
There was no washing up liquid or washing cloth, so we purchased these from the shop.

The bedroom was two single beds, which we pushed together. The beds were not the most comfortable, however they are not the worst I have encountered. Unfortunatley the pillows were. They were thin, lumpy and very narrow. If you have room in your baggage, I suggest you take your own! Plenty of wardrobe space. The bedroom did sometimes become stuffy at night. Due to my lack of fondness for bugs, the window stayed firmly shut. Was not too much of a problem in March, however I would imagine it would be unbearable in the heat of summer and there is no air conditioning.

The bathroom was reasonable, with no window, a bath and a shower in bath with a shower curtain. The shower experience was slightly obstructed by the disabled hand rails inside, which did make showering quite awkward. Due to all the steps and the fact that the hotel is at the top of a very steep hill, I cannot see that this particular disabled facility is required very often. Shower was always hot.

Now for the big cleaning debate! On arrival, our leaflet informed us that for clean bedding and towels and for the room to be cleaned, it would be 3 euros per person on each occasion. On our second day, the maid came in, did a quick (very quick) sweep around and replenished the toilet roll, even though we hadn't asked for it. On the 3rd day, the towels were changed. After that the maid did seem to come every day and do a quick sweep, but did not change the bedding and we did not see that it needed to be done, so didn't ask or pay for it.

Now for the cockroaches! Being an insect hater, i was not looking forward to the inevitable appearance of any at some point during our stay. We had no issues inside the apartment with any cockroaches. For the people that moan about them on here, clean up after yourselves food wise, dont leave dirty pots and pans around and take your food rubbish to an outside bin as soon as you have finished and you will have no issues. We kept EVERYTHING in the fridge also, even the biscuits and following these rules, did not see 1 inside the apartment during our entire stay. If there is nothing there to attract them, then they wont come in! However, being an animal lover and purchasing some tins of sardines one evening, to feed the local stray cats over the balcony, I spilt some of the juice from inside the tin onto the balcony floor. I immediately wiped it up, but clearly not enough. Within 5 minutes, there were 5 cockroaches on the balcony and I am sorry to say, whom I immediately dispatched with the cockroach spray. And that is the only time we saw any.

Now for the hotel grounds. Lots of steps, very scenic, very quiet at night (apart from the odd noisy neigbour slamming doors). Certainly not for the elderly, unfit or disabled. Three pools. One heated, which although was warmer than the main pool, clearly was not heated, maybe by the sun, but nothing else. This pool also closed at around 1530 and the gates were locked. However, if you had 1 of the 6 rooms facing the pool and were on the ground floor, the staff were happy to lock you in and for you to climb over your balcony back into your room. The second main pool was very cold! There is also a small childrens shallow pool next to the main pool. Plenty of sunbeds to go around at all pools, some with cushioned mattresses on (that have probably seen better days!), but no real problems.

The hotel bar was quite expensive. For a local spirit with mixer and a large local beer was around 7 euros. There was also 'The Olde Tavern Pub', which was indoors, but did not seem to be open during our stay. The pool bar closes at 5.30pm, so not anywhere you can get a drink, unless you go into the restaurant.

The first night, as we arrived around 8.30pm, decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. And I am afraid this is an experience I would not repeat. Having ordered steak and canarian potatoes, was advised AS meal arrived that sorry they did not have canarian potatoes, so they had put me fries instead, of which I am not very keen on. Perhaps they could have asked me before cooking and serving them? I asked for a well done steak and it was bland and tasteless. The salad was mainly lettuce, with one small piece of cucumber and tomato. However my partner had his steak medium and enjoyed his. It also helped that he likes fries! We also ordered a bottle of wine, which we were then told they did not have and had to have an alternative. The shop is 30 seconds across the road and they sell this particular wine (which I found out later). So perhaps the staff could have made the effort and fetched one. For two steaks, it was nearly 30 euros. So I would not really recommend the restaurant and we did not eat there again.

Reception staff were great, very helpful with any enquiries and taxi ordering etc.

Now for the hill! No problems walking down, although I didn't try it at night in my high heels and got a taxi. It is about a ten minute walk down the hill, which gets you into the edge of Costa Adeje and the Fanabe area. Coming back up is a killer, even for me, relatively fit and in my early 30's, I was struggling for breath by the time I got to the top. Don't believe what anyone else says. IT IS STEEP and very tiring, especially in the heat of the sun. I have rated the hotel as very good for location. Which for scenery and peacefulness, it is, however it would depend what you are looking for.

Walk to the beach is a 15 minute, fairly quickly paced walk. The beach is gorgeous, as is the promenade that leads from Fanabe, all the way up to Los Christianos. A beautiful, scenic walk, with lots of bars, restaurants and shops along the way. The Moonlight Bar (follow the road more or less all the way straight until you get to the sea front) was great for drinks, watching the world go by and nightime entertainment. Saw a couple of good bands there. They also have karaoke there. Drinks were pretty cheap at night and for a large local spirit with mixer and a large local beer, cost only 4 euros! Bargain!

Also on the way down the hill, is the Wigan Pier, on the right hand side. Lovely little, clean, English run pub on the inside with outdoor seating also. Reasonably priced drinks. Amazing food. They show all the sports if you like that sort of thing. I have never been much of a burger fan, but the Wigan Pier turned me into one! Big, juicy burgers and the best home cooked chips I have ever tasted!

Turn right at the Wigan Pier (from the downhill direction) and you are in Fanabe. Lots of nice restaurants here. So sad I cannot remember the name, lovely Spanish restaurant. Romantic setting. We paid around 60 euros for a three course meal, with garlic bread for starter, 1 canarian chicken and a steak for main and pancakes and a large portion of Tiramusu for desert (heaven!), plus 2 bottles of decent quality wine. There are about 4 main streets in Fanabe, all of which run downhill towards the beach. All I can tell you is that it was on one of these main streets, opposite an arcade.

The only other time we ate out was in San Eugenio, at Harley's. Five minute taxi drive from the hotel. Very nice setting, with motorcycles and parts of old cars. The menu sounded amazing! I opted for Chimichanga, which was decent, but Ive had better. My partner ordered the large T bone steak. The only large thing about it was the bone and fat. And it was nearly 20 euros for the steak. Not impressed.

We only ventured into Las Americas twice during the day and sadly, upon visiting Yates's, even at 5pm in the afternoon made me feel a bit old and past it!

The shop across the road from the hotel is reasonable. Only a small shop, but they seem to have everything! Some of the stuff was overpriced, as it always is. But the price of the bread was excessive. A loaf of white bread (and the squares are smaller than ours) was 2 euros and that was the cheapest. But everything else was a reasonable price.

We also went to the Jungle Park, catching the free bus, but paying 24 euros per adult to get in, which I found a bit excessive. The food and even the water is very expensive in there. Even the photos with animals that you have the option to have taken are excessive, at 8 euros per photo. And they won't barter on a price if you have more than one. If you are going to the Park with a family including children, you better re mortgage your house! We also visited La Casa Camello, where we had a 20 minute camel ride for 10 euros each. After there was the option to touch/pet/look at the camels. They also had a couple of pony's, goats and chickens. If you get reception to ring up, the free bus comes to collect you from right on the doorstep at an agreed time.

All in all, if you are looking for a peaceful hotel, that is relatively clean and you are not expecting 4*, and dont mind the walks up and down the hill, this hotel is very scenic, in a peaceful location and at the right price is perfect, and I would definately recommend it!

It had been 11 years since I went to Tenerife last and this visit has renewed my love for it. It's not all about the wild nightlife, it's also about the lovely beaches, nice food and the sun.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
37  Thank fluffycamel2002
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week in February. The friendliness of the staff was remarkable, and the appartement was spacious and clean. We had a nice view of the ocean. The area is quiet, as the hotel is at the end of a cul de sac.

Neptuno is not close to the beach, but a bit up into the hills of Tenerife. When going to the beach, we usually walked down and took a taxi back (around 5 euro). Many of the hotels closer to the beach are also closer to the traffic and not as private, so we actually preferred this location. The pool area is nice, and though not too many others took advantage of the water in February, we did.

I would recommend this hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Kyllen
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great hotel for the money. We stayed on a self catering basis in an appartment, which slept up to 4. Big bedroom with plenty of wardrobe space and large kitchen/dining/lounge area. We had a balcony which was looking out towards the sea and we were lucky enough to have the sun on the balcony from dawn until dusk. (room 136). Terrific views from the balcony.
The kitchen was tired looking but everything was there that was needed, including a very slow kettle! TV in room was extra to pay for but as we don't go on holiday to watch TV this was not a problem. Hairdryer in the bathroom. Bathroom a fair size and clean with plenty of hot water all week. Towels changed every other day and sheets once whilst we were there. A comfortable base. We did not use the hotel facilities of the pool or bar, but both looked fine. Helpful reception staff. Internet available in the reception area at a cheap price if you need it. The hotel is a walk up a steep hill but if you are fairly fit this should not prove a problem and you are then rewarded with the view. Nice Danish bakery along the road where the hotel is at the Regency Hotel - fresh bread/cakes/sandwiches made at very reasonable prices. The beach is about a 15 min walk away, into the harbour area where there are lots of places to eat. For entertainment try Eugene's Bar and the Moonlight pub were both good with entertainment on. We were also lucky enough to have great weather for a week in Tenerife.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up balcony facing the sea - that way you will hopefully get the sun all day up there.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple