We had booked into this so called 5* hotel for a week starting Boxing Day 2010. We actually checked ourselves out after 3 days and moved to a nearby 4 * which proved to be excellent. We had 8 people in our party and within 2 days 4 of us had come down with food poisioning. We were full board and had not eaten anywhere but the hotel so there was no doubt . The food was very basic and certainly not 5* standard by any means. The service was very poor and one night we had to wait 30 mins to be served when we wanted evening drinks. We complained to the hotel manager who wouldn't admit to the standard of the food being appalling. We were concerned about the 11 year old becoming ill next, so we settled our bill and moved to another hotel within 30 mins. We moved to The Riu Palace which was excellent. The food, service and entertainment all proved to be excellent and we would stay there again. If we hadn't moved hotels I dread to think what our holiday would have been like as the first 3 days were wasted completely. We felt so ill whilst we were there I feel strongly that this needs to be addressed and looked into. One family member ( a 52 yr male) who is normally fit and well was unable to get out of bed for 2 days, he felt weak and was sick. Our daughter (a doctor) was on the holiday with us and diagnosed food poisioning immediately although there never any doubt. There were many other issues with this hotel I could mention but the food was our main concern. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife