“Great Time Again”

GF Gran Costa Adeje
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here for a week in March, although repairs to one of the pools still going on this didn,t matter to us as there was plenty of room around the other pools and there was no noise at all.
The choice of the food and the quality was excellent and all the staff were brilliant. We had a pool/sea view and it was lovely, the room and bathroom very spacious and we could not fault it at all. Will be booking again for next year

Room Tip: Get a pool view

Reviewed April 1, 2014

we have just returned from the hotel , this was our 7th visit. and we can only say that all the staff were magic , but some stuck out more so we would like to thank Casper ,and moses and Juan Carlos who were great guys to have in the bar at day / night

,Good to see all the pool furniture replaced . pity pool was still under repair , but we love this hotel yes 5 star but not 5 star but we still love it . Pity they don't have slim tonic water (so we bye our own ) looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: pay for a good view in the towers
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank DAVYC317
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here in march 2014 for my partners 30th birthday i picked this hotel as it said 5* and looked lovely
As it was quite pricey at £1400 just for the weeks al stay i aassumed it would be really plush and thought perfect for this being special ocassion
The hotel itself is lively all glass n marble and staff are lovely but what i didnt like was it wasnt totally all inc i understand that if u dont want local spirits then there will be suppliment but theres a suppliment on everything !!
I was really disapointed by this as there wasnt a lot to choose from u do get 40% discount but still al should be al in my eyes !
The food set up wasnt good either although food was nice n lots to choose from it was just a massive dinin room which was manic at most times staff were lovely n treated u like royalty with bottles of wine as u wished for your table but felt like the school canteen
During the day the pool snacks were the worst i had ever seen in all inc , i was in a 3* last year and we had burgers hot dogs pizzas toasties the lot but herd there was none only cheese biscuits meats n rolls very very poor ! If u wanted a toastie yeah u guessed it ... U had to pay , we found ourselves going out every day and most nights as there wasnt enough about hotel to keep u satified very very dissapointed and feel very ripped off on the money view of friends got a far supierer hotel for half the price which had 5 rest 5 pools n 4 different bars to choose from we visited this hotel and were blown away by the difference
Debi , glasgow

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank debi e
GFHoteles, Director General at GF Gran Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your time and your comments.
we are really sorry to hear that our all inclusive offer wasn't satisfying.
We want to clarify that some of our products have a supplement which is always identified in all our menus, regardless of whether are the local or not, which doesn’t include any supplement.
Also a little disconcerting to us is your opinion about our snack bar nearby our swimming pool you cannot find the hamburgers, hot dogs which we offer during the week with others products as Spanish omelets, paella, burgers chicken and also assortment of salads, cheeses, fruits etc.
Also a little disconcerting to us to tell us that our pool snack bar found products such as hamburgers, hot dogs as these, the offer throughout the week, along with others such as Spanish omelets, paella, burgers chicken and an assortment of salads, cheeses, fruits etc.
However after reviews, we will check all our offer to introduce all improvements which are important for us as reviews of all our guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed 3 nights, large comfortable rooms, interconnecting doors unlocked though?? Had to put furniture against it. Not ideal. Swimming pool being repaired which created a large degree of noise so not exactly a relaxing environment around the pool. Appearance of hotel is a bit tired and it just hasn't got the feel or look of a 5 star hotel. Drinks are pricey and I can understand why people go AI rather than HB. Food is fine and plentiful, staff were attentive and polite throughout. Gym is limited in terms of equipment. Decent evening entertainment every night we were there.

3  Thank Backfixer
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Just arrived home yesterday from a weeks stay in the costa adeje gran. On the whole had a lovely time but there were one or two wee "niggles" which if set right would ensure our return for our next trip to costa adeje. First of all though I would like to say how comfortable the beds are!! They have obviously read the previous comment re a pillow menu as there was one in our room, however I asked for a change of pillow but never received it! No matter, as I discovered the "firm" pillow was actually really comfy n negated the need for a different one! We were delighted with our room (403) we had a fantastic view of both the mountains and the sea and were very happy with that. I had emailed the hotel a cple of weeks before arrival requesting a sunny room on a higher floor and were provided with just that! The shower needed attention tho - we eventually managed to get an angle that was effective for us, but managed to soak the floor a cple of times!! Sorry! Thermostat definitely needed tho as I was scalded on top of my already painful sunburn!! Delighted with the overall quality if the hotel. C'mon guys tho, get the telly sorted out! As many have said the majority of guests are British n I quite like watchin a wee bit of TV at times, especially when you're in bed unwell!! Which brings me to the racket the maids make!! We are quite private tidy people and tend to take care of our own cleaning needs most days, but it seemed as though the maids went in for rearranging the furniture in every room they went into!! Food was ok, but not five star fare, but was alright. Now to the biggest bugbear of our holiday - when I go all inclusive I expect ALL to be inclusive (with the usual proviso of locally produced wines/spirits!!). I certainly don't expect to hear "sorry madam, that is not included"!! Far too many times I was met with this reply - I wasn't asking for caviar or champagne - a packet of crisps and a toasted sandwich were my simple requests!! Instead a dish of mixed nuts were passed my way!! We are not big drinkers or eaters, and I'm sure the hotel made a killing on our booking!! I was disappointed with the level of snacks on offer (ie none other than bar nuts which I NEVER eat on account of not knowing where the uneaten ones go!!!). However all in all it was a pleasant stay and if they were able to change those couple of niggles we would definitely return. Costa Adeje is a lovely wee place and well looked after.

PS. Can someone at the hotel make sure the wee cat with sore eyes gets some medical attention! I know the cat doesn't live or belong to the hotel, but I called K9 charity to ask them to help, they told me the hotels usually call them but they hadn't received any calls! I had spoken with a staff member who said he wld help, but three days later the poor wee thing was still sickly! It wld be nice to know if it's been taken care of, as I was really upset about its plight!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Merryboo
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Just returned from a really lovely week in Tenerife. A lovely week that is until the morning we were due to travel home. My husband was unfortunately taken ill & hospitalised. I cannot praise the staff of the Adeje Gran highly enough for the way in which they looked after me. It was way beyond their call of duty & they made a very traumatic situation more bearable. From reassurance to accommodation to food they couldn't have done more to help. It certainly would encourage us to return & besides, it is a beautiful hotel & location. It's a rare thing these days but all the staff seem to enjoy what they're doing!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rosemary A
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Even with the main pool being repaired the Hotel managed to relax you, food as always lovely, staff very friendly and the entertainment great, my only disappoint was the British TV Chanel has disappeared and a great percentage of guests are British, it's not a major problem but it was quiet nice to flick on when getting ready in the morning and evening, now it's just the usual euro channels :(, .

Room Tip: All rooms are good,so no real problems and the hotel is quiet
2  Thank IsayJoo