“Great Time”

GF Gran Costa Adeje
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Loved this Hotel. We stayed for a week A/I and I was half expecting second class treatment, but I was wrong. The reception was great, we arrived early but that was no problem. We were allocated a seaview room and overlooking the pools. the room was clean and roomy with plenty of wardrobe space, the bathroom was clean and bright. There was lots of choice of food on offer in the dining room and also of good quality, you can go for dinner, freshly cooked pasta and loads of salads. I loved the soups they had every night. When I asked for a glass of wine,the waiter brought me a bottle of my choice, even if I drank just the one glass out of this bottle I would still be given a fresh bottle the following night. The staff in general were great. The only complaint I have which prevented me from giving it perfection was this. If the bars were busy. the floor staff in the bars tended to ignore the people with the A/I wristbands and serve the people who were paying cash for their drink, I know this sounds petty but when your are trying to attract attention and you are getting ignored it can be frustrating. I would certainly go back to this hotel because I loved it, but it would be either half or full board and not A/I

Room Tip: this is a quiet hotel and we didn`t experience any noise and if you are facing the front,you can exp...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank desmond g

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel really is first class for the price. Food was fresh and tasty, though as many UK holiday makers appear to only like British food it may not always be to their taste. The pasta bar is great and what I really liked was how they continually brought out fresh trays of food, right up to the end of service.

Drinks included were top notch. Premium brands and not the usual 'local' brands. Also premium bottles of mixers. Thanks to Gaspar the "Canarian" for looking after us so well.

The pool area was spotless and well laid out. Snacks, puddings and ice-cream available for AI at the pool side bar until half six.

I have marked the hotel down as entertainment at night was dire, catering solely for the pensioner market after the main act. I know that is the age group who appear to favour this hotel but they should seriously consider playing some up to date music in the pool side bar, even if only from 11pm-2am. This wouldn't have to be loud, so you didn't disturb guests and you could make it a 'pay bar'. Personally that's the only way I would consider returning to the hotel as it really was depressing listening to a guy on a piano night after night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Scotty_Trix
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Really nice hotel, stayed gone a long weekend. We had a really nice stay. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. Buffet food was excellent, we were on half board basis but was able to swap evening meal for lunch with no problems. Going back next year hopefully for longer next time.

Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank christinehEssex
GFHoteles, Director General at GF Gran Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Many thanks for your comments!

We will pass your nice words to our staff :)

Please note that we will be more than glad to host you once again at the Hotel.

With kind regards,

Eliseo Ortega
COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My Partner & I have just come back from a 11 night stay at this fantastic hotel, we stayed on an all inclusive holiday, on arrival the reception staff were very professional & also very friendly, a quick check in & a welcoming glass of bubbly, great start to our holiday, our room was on the second floor overlooking the crazy golf (great fun) the view from the balcony was mountains to our left, sea view to right, the room itself was very large,clean & tidy, superb bathroom, shower powerful which is always nice, the chambermaids do a fantastic job, the restaurant has a plentiful choice of food, do try the pasta station for dinner, just chose you own ingredients & it is cooked fresh is front of you,there is always food for every taste, the animation team are great, not pushy, special mention to Alberto, Tom & Sissi,the pool complex is just lovely, always sun beds available, there is also a pool on the top floor, didn't really use it, but the views up there are just great, the location of the hotel is good, the beach being just a ten minute walk away, buses stop outside the hotel, very regular & cheap, the bar staff are hard working & very courteous with their service, would I return to this hotel? Yes I would

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Derek C
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Recently returned from a week holiday, hotel was fantastic (first visit to hotel). Nice location, great variety and choice of food, we stayed all inclusive. Very impressive entrance to hotel and also extremely expressive when you leave the lift for your room! Staff very helpful, polite and friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed October 5, 2013

First I have to mention we booked our holiday through jet2 holidays and have to say the service we received from them was first class. The hotel well where do I start, if you want to moan about this hotel then I think you are in need of mental help, every thing we in counted was first class .Staff very friendly , food excellent , no reserving of sunbeds , maid service outstanding , rooms of a high standard , I could go on and on, If you have booked this hotel then go and enjoy yourselves you won,t be disappointed .Don,t listen to the moaners,

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ronnie l
Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you go expecting a decent 4* hotel you wont be disappointed. This hotel is cheaper than all the other 5* and some 4* so you very much get what you pay for. The hotel has an impressive entrance and you are given a glass of cava on arrival. On closer inspection you will see the general wear and tear of the place plus a large hole in the roof. Some things I think they should probably do something about, others are what you would expect in a hotel of this size. Plus points are the rooms are very spacious, they have good aircon, an empty mini bar which the hotel will fill or you can use for your own things. Theres a safe which cost us 18 euro's for 10 days, and theres a good selection of English TV chanels. Bathroom is also very spacious, the towels are replaced daily and the maid cleans every day. Not so good - the shower is lethal - spurting out scalding hot water one second and freezing cold the next. The balconies are pretty small and semi private. some like ours got no sun at all, others got partial sun depending on the time of day and what block you were in. Theres a good choice at breakfast, definately something for everyone one (pancakes were particularly good) and no matter how busy, we always got a table. Theres a small gym (didnt notice any aircon in here) and a spa, a hairdressers and several small shops in the hotel. Theres also 2 large pools downstairs - free towels and plenty of sunloungers for all, but our favourite was the roof top pool which is incredibly peaceful with great views (no bar up here but you can bring your own or get from the bar downstairs), theres also a secluded naturist area up here. Threres entertainment every night. The main acts - which mostly consisted of tribute bands are on for only 1 hour and spend at least 10-15 minutes of this time thanking the management, the waiters, the barstaff etc. To be honest the bits of acts we saw seemed ok but theres better entertainment out in the resort. The hotel is well placed. Theres a twice weekly market just across the road - sells everything! Theres a regular bus service to Las Americas and various other places. Theres some great bars and restaurants nearby - the following are worth a visit, The prince regent (bar), Phoenix city (chinese), Veneto's (italian/mixed), Great little italy (italian/mixed), the blue cactus (food, drink and entertainment), bar terrace (next to blue cactus) and fosters bar in Puerto Colon - doesnt look like much from the outside but its a great bar which does some food and you can see Elvis there! For those that like a bit of retail therapy the Del Duque shopping centre is on the door step, theres also a really nice resort at the far end of Las Americas with some great shops, bars and restaurants - its in the area of The Cleopatra hotel. Finally there are many trips to choose from, be prepared to haggle over the price. The boat trips are good fun and we were lucky enough to see 6 baby pilot whales. Looking forward to our next trip to Teneriffe already.

Room Tip: An upper floor gives great views, especially those with a pool/seaview
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple