“Excellent holiday - again!”

GF Gran Costa Adeje
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just returned from 10 nights AI at Costa Adeje Gran Hotel. This was our 2nd visit and yet again did not disappoint. We stayed in a senior suite with our two daughters and had a fabulous view of the sea and pools. Room was spacious and clean with very comfortable beds. Food choice and quality was excellent - something for everyone. Don't understand how some people complain. We ate in the a la carte restaurant on a couple of occasions where the food and service was exceptional. Staff are all very friendly and helpful throughout the hotel and can't do enough for you. Evening entertainment was varied and generally of a good standard - an improvement from our last visit. One of the best things about this hotel is watching the staff lift towels and belongings from sunbeds which have been reserved before 10am and are unattended. No need to get up at stupid o'clock at this hotel to reserve a sunbed unlike many others we have visited! AI drinks are a good standard. Local wine, beer and some branded spirits with very generous measures! Animacion team on hand for those who want to get involved in some of the daily activities. The 'non-competitive' water basketball is a must but not for the faint hearted! Our only negative comment is the behaviour of a very small element of some UK guests who were unable to behave in a respectful manner to the hardworking staff and fellow guests - we were not the only guests to notice this. All in all, a great holiday in a wonderful hotel and we will be returning again in the near future.

Room Tip: A la carte restaurant included for AI guests when you book a Senior Suite. Corner suites are best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for GF Gran Costa Adeje

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Wow grand entrance certainly had jaw dropping impression of hotel. luxurious but boring with run of the mill service. rooms beautiful although air conditioning poor reported never fixed. rooftop pool lovely shame you have to go down 6 floors ti get refreshments. pool bar not in service. app not busy enough and runs at a loss! food certainly not 5 star boring same day to day food although if you are German or eastern European you Will be Caterrd for. one waiter in particular very rude interrupted me on two occasions whilst eating to sign fir drinks which i found very ill mannered. entertainment absolutely rubbish again if ure German or eastern European then just their sort if thing. Other things like no coffee tea facilities in rooms and bars don't open til after 10 so nowhere to get a coffee first thing. Hotel a bit out of way but local buses very good. All in all wouldst rate as 5 star more like 3 to 4 however surroundings i would rate as 5 star. We have stayed at bitacora in las Americas which is 4 star but everything about it was 4 star. wouldst stay at adeje gran again only because have staye in better.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Jaycee388
Reviewed July 20, 2013

have just returned from the costa adeje after spending our second visit there again A I and everything as good as last time with one exception.Far too many kids there and occupying the main pool with lilos, blow up armchairs, balls of all sizes and so it goes on. It was extremely hot last week, as it was in the uk, and people really wanted to have a quick dip but with difficulty. The food is still excellent, the waiters and waitresses work very hard and there is definetly no problem in finding something to eat no matter how fussy an eater you are. It is lovely to see peoples towels and belongings being removed when they try and save sunbeds, and I really think this is a policy that should be adapted in all hotels. Think this has dropped from 5 star to 41/2 because of the state of some of the beds and parasols, and also the food for AI clients in the pool bar is not good when you can eat anything in the main restaurant. Don't think we will be returning as there are many 5 star AI hotels now in the canaries to choose from

Room Tip: we paid for a side sea view room with pool view, railings instead of wall on the balcony and a love...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank duchess297
Reviewed July 19, 2013

arriving the entrance has a "wow" factor - reception very helpful staffed 24 hours, checked in & a porter took our cases to the room - we had paid a suppliment for a sea & pool view, the room was "very nice" plenty of wardrobe space we asked & got more hangers, 2 beds together special pillow choices on request, 2 seater sofa & chair with a coffee table, TV with English channels BBC1, 2, ITV, Channel 4, Sky News etc, mini bar open but a charge made for any drink you ordered, bathroom spaceous, could do with a bit of maintenance, bathrobes provided but a little tatty like the towels, we hired a kettle which was brought very quickly, we also paid for the safe service.The food was excellant I tried to think of something they did not do but could not - made to order pancakes, omelettes, pizzas, fish, meat & my favourite pasta "the best I have ever tasted" - the cakes looked & tasted fabulous - all the staff very helpful. The pool area plenty of beds, all with cushions very comfy, & umbrellas, a free pool towel per person & could be changed anytime during the opening hours. There are 4 pools & all are very busy, my complaint being that children are allowed in all pools including the roof top one & they are very noisy we went the 5th July !, There are 2 bars at the pools both well staffed & ok for drinks & snacks.We was All inclusive & was told what was included & what you had to pay for there is a A la carte restaurant which you can use & for us it would have been 14 euros each, we did not use this but heard good reports from fellow guests of the hotel. The main bar is to the left of the entrance was well staffed with waiters, there was a stage for entertainment next to the bar, the acts were really good while we were there "the eagles, beatles, Tina Turner tribute bands as well as actrobats, the reps did a show on Thursday different both weeks we were there. Again children spolit it by running around until late (the bar closed at 12) very noisy. There was seating outside for the smokers mainly. The hotel has a spa, hairdressers, shops, also a full kiddie club & shows, tennis, football, darts available. The reps were busy all day with quizzes, spanish lessons, games etc all very pleasant & always cheerful.I did a cookery lessons & it was fun. I have to say all the staff were very helpful, the food was excellant, the cleanliness in all areas was first class. It lacked in a few areas that a 5 star hotel should not - the towels in the room could do with updating, taps in bath loose, needed decorating in the bathroom. More strict on dress code - some quests had made an effort but some let themselves down. Children running round & very noisy. We had the pool & sea view (for a suppliment) & the noise from the pool went on till 6-7pm most days (not good for our siesta). I believe if the conduct is not sorted out & more strict the rating of this hotel will be downgraded.
This has to be the best hotel I have been to for disabled ramps everywhere & lifts it was good to see many wheelchair users.
I proberly have missed out what is on offer it is a great hotel shame about some of the guests

Room Tip: the higher the rooms the better the view - facing pool & sea rooms come with a suppliment - very...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Gailmanc
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Well where do i start, spent one week all inclusive first time we have been ai myself, husband and two children plus another 6 adults in our party, rooms large, clean and lovely decor. Food very good quality and plenty variety for both adults and kids. Wine at table nice quality. My daughter was ill whilst away and needed to go to hospital reception staff very helpful with this couldn't do enough. Location is great. Already booked for April 2014 five rooms can't wait to return to this fantastic hotel. It was my niece's birthday and the hotel did a beautiful cake and also brought bottles of Cava to table very special memories. WELL DONE COSTA ADEJE GRAN.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank roxyx1
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Spent 9 nights half board with my husband and our two children and had a superb holiday. Senior suite was fantastic, pool was always clean and no problems getting a sun lounger. Pool towels swopped as often as you liked and room towels could be changed twice a day if you wanted. Excellent selection of food and it was great to be able to swop your evening meal for lunch. We all loved this hotel and hope to return soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ann-Marie A
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Returned from the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel on 2nd July after staying for 2 weeks all inclusive and wish I was still there. It was a great holiday and I will be returning with my girlfriend and hopefully some friends next year.

We arrived very late (11.45pm) and had a hassle free check in. We were offered a cold buffet as we missed dinner but just dropped our luggage in the room and went to the bar for a quick drink. We were surprised at how spacious our room was and liked the double sinks in the bathroom. The bed was huge and very comfortable as was the sofa and arm chair. There was plenty of space for all our belongings in the 2 wardrobes and enough room on the balcony to sit comfortably. We were given a room overlooking the crazy golf course which wasn't an issue as you had a great view of the surrounding mountains.

After a good first nights sleep we made our way to the buffet restaurant for breakfast. I would consider myself a very fussy eater and my girlfriend isn't much better, but we were amazed at how much choice there was. We were so spoilt for choice we didn't no what to have. The food tasted great and all of the fruit/salad was fresh. Most days I had a cooked breakfast followed by some delicious pancakes.

We then made our way up to the roof to sunbath and have a dip in the pool. The area was very clean and well looked after. The swimming pool wasn't very warm but it did warm up through out the coarse of the holiday. There were plenty of sun beds as the hotel enforces a no reserve policy which works well.

After another great meal at lunch time I couldn't wait to see what delights would be available for dinner. Men have to wear long trousers for dinner which I found annoying but I think it seems to be a common rule in other hotels in that area. I soon forgot about it and filled my plate with tasty food. The table service at meals times is brilliant and all the waiters and waitresses work very hard to ensure you have a pleasant meal.

After going back to the room and putting my shorts back on we headed down to the main bar to have a few drinks and watch the evening entertainment. This was good and changed every night. We didn't participate in any of the animation activities but everyone who did seemed to be enjoying themselves.

As with every hotel there are some negatives which include inconstant Wi-Fi signal in the rooms, no open bar on the roof and sometimes the table service can be a little slow in the evening if the bar is busy, but these in no way at all spoil the holiday. I didn't really need to use the internet in my room, the walk to the down stairs bar was pleasant and I don't mind waiting an extra 10 minutes for a drink while I'm on holiday.

We loved staying at this hotel and will definitely be going back next year. It is very clean and tidy, looks very nice, has amazing food and is in a nice area. The greatest thing about this hotel is the staff. They are a credit to the hotel and without them it would not function half as well as it does. What more can you want when your on holiday. I hope you have found this review helpful.

Robin.