“A very relaxing week”

GF Gran Costa Adeje
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and myself went to this hotel for a relaxing week from 13th to 20th of June 2013.
On our arrival at the hotel reception we were greeted by a very efficient and friendly staff member and this was at 1am. When we went to our room 110 we found it to be very nice and bright facing out to the side of the hotel above the crazy golf area / tennis courts (no noise at all)
Breakfast was from 0730 to 1030) didn't do lunch, dinner was from 18.30 to 2130.any one who says the variety of food did not suit them must be very hard to please
All of the staff were very helpful and friendly.
Their were three adult swimming pools and one kids pool, a naturalist area on the roof along with what was called an infinity pool, this pool did not impress me.the one thing that I really liked the sun-beds can not be reserved (ie drop towels on the bed and disappear)
Nightly entrainment was excellent tribute bands (ie The Eagles, The Beatles,Queen, Elton John, and The Beijing Acrobats, as well as the normal hotel music. if you want there is no need to leave the hotel as everything is at hand, we went out every morning for a good long walk along the board walk,we went out for dinner on our second last night in one of the little restaurants on the sea front and got a horse drawn carrage back to the hotel. In all we enjoyed our say at the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel, Would we return to this hotel YES........

Room Tip: Rooms that over look the Crazy golf / Tennis area are very quite and you will get a good nights slee...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G97B

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is the 12th time my husband and I have stayed at the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel and it is great every time .I will review it quite thoroughly here so sorry if it is a bit long.
Our arrival at the reception around 9pm was smooth and efficient. We were checked in smoothly into the room we had emailed a request for, and informed of the cold buffet available for us in the dining room around 11pm. This was most acceptable.
It was our first time on the All Inclusive tariff and the overall cost was less than we paid for half board and an account to be paid at the end of the hols. We enjoy that cheeky bottle of wine with our meals!!!The AI goes from breakfast to 12 midnight.
The Hotel is constantly being maintained and improvement to the roof top planting and the re-varnishing of the reception area roof was apparent and done well.
There was also new furniture in this area too.
Wifi is ok here once you get logged in.
THE ROOMS -The room was lovely. Very clean with white towels,robes and slippers. Towels were changed every day as required and a further towel change was offered around 7 pm with a knock on the door from the 'towel lady' She was always pleasant. She turned down our beds and left a couple of sweets too!
A tip is to maybe leave a small gratuity for your chamber maid early in the holiday. Good service is guaranteed I think after that.
There was a flat screen TV with 10 English channels on. Great for 'Corrie' fans and news buffs alike.
The WiFi in the rooms is great when when its working. It can take a while to get logged in at busy times.
The bathroom has 2 wash basin, bath with shower and free shower gel over bath, toilet and bidet.
Toiletries were provided too like shampoo, soap, comb, toothbrush, shoe shine etc.
FOOD - All main meals were available in the dining room although it was busy at times, but just suss it out and do whats best for you. We enjoyed all the food (and put on 5lbs into the bargain). There is a great variety to suit all tastes and you can vary your own menu. First class. The waiting staff were always very busy and did their best to keep tables set up.
One piece of advice in the dining room and that is to locate your table before you go for your food. It was amazing how many people were wandering around looking for a table with full plates.
The All Inclusive food at the pool bar left a lot to be desired. Pigeons were landing on the table where the food was and, although the food was all covered, it was not very nice. There was very little hot choice (burgers/hot dogs or paella one day(not for me!) ) plus a bit of salad/cakes. If you wanted to stay around the pool and not go into the dining room at lunchtime the choice was limited unless you purchased from the Pool bar. Being AI we thought this was a bit pointless.
The dining room is open at lunchtime for AI and full board guests with as much variety as the evening meal.
POOLS - 3 pools in the main centre (one for kids) and 1 on the roof. The roof one is not for kids. They were cleaned every day as were the loungers around the pool. Certain areas of loungers were washed down and hosed with soapy water.Pool towels available free and could be changed as often as you like for free.
They will REMOVE towels from unoccupied sunbeds when it is busy, so beware!!
There is also a Nudista sunbathing area on the roof. Great. Give it a try!!
ENTERTAINMENT - The usual animation team worked hard to engage visitors all day around the pool. Partake or not as it suits you.
The evening entertainment was moderate and the area was quite busy so get a seat soon if you intend to watch it.. Kids disco was held in the theatre part and they came into the bar/concert area later.
One or two of the acts left a lot to be desired but on the whole it was OK.
THE BARS - The main bar on the ground floor was great and served a variety of drinks for AI guests although one or two had an additional charge. Pints of beer were served in a GLASS (not plastic) and the staff were lovely too.
The pool bar was just as pleasant and had a great view of the sea.
The gym and wellness center were well used as was the squash court
The twice weekly market is just across the road on Thursday and Saturday - well worth a trip.
Stroll down hill from the hotel to a beautiful golden sand beach of Del Duque but be aware that the cafes along here are not cheap.
A walk along the coast walk toward La Caleta is a bit up and down for the less mobile/ambulant and there is not much to see once you get to end. Nice stroll though if you take it easy.
All in all we enjoyed this holiday and hotel. We will go again and hope you will give it a try too. - Happy Holiday!!!!

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are best although the hotel intends to make a charge for these. Floor 5 is great...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Wilks36
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I took my hubby to the Adeje at the end of May for his birthday to let him see for himself just how good the hotel is, this was my 3rd time at the hotel having just been in March with my girlfriends. We flew Easy Jet this time, who I have to say were very good and the hotel was booked with Low Cost Holidays. We arrived at the hotel by private transfer at 12.00 lunchtime, our room wasn't ready so we went for a walkabout and a drink at the pool bar. An hour later we were being checked with the minimal of fuss as usual and were in the room I had requested in March (580) by 1.30. The room is on the top floor with a wonderful view over the pool and out to sea, hubby was well impressed. There are 2 wardrobes with a good supply of hangers and the light comes on when you open the door which is great, they both have full length mirrors on, the safe is in 1 of them and is chargeable with a refundable deposit, the fridge is pretty good for keeping your water etc chilled. In the bathroom there are his and hers sink and the towels are changed twice a day, the TV is flat screen and has BBC, ITV Channel 4 etc.
The food again was lovely with the usual too many choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 2 foodies, but I have to say the fresh cooked fish, salads and the fresh pasta station were my favourites. I didn't know when I booked that the school holidays would fall at the end of our week and the hotel did get busier, so for the last few evenings we ate in the smaller, quieter area on the left as you walk into the restaurant, it means you have to walk to the main restaurant for most of your food but this didn't bother us. My 1 small niggle, as before, is the fact that we all inclusive guests can only eat outside in the sun for lunch with a very small selection of food which has to be eaten off plastic plates with plastic knives and forks, so we always choose to eat lunch in the dining room.
On hubby's birthday I booked to eat in the A-la-Carte, which carries a supplement of 14 euros
each, it was excellent and well worth the extra. The fact that you were waited on made a lovely change from helping yourself and the food and service were fabulous. There were themed menus to choose from Asian, Italian etc, depending which night you went in, or the A-la -Carte menu which we choose from. I had fried octopus lasagne, monkfish en pappiotte and cheese to finish, hubby had corgette ravioli with fois gras, lamb and semifreido, yummy. The wine is the same as in the main restaurant but you could pay for a different bottle if you wanted. You can eat in this restaurant every night if you are staying in a suite or above, but it is closed on a Wednesday and Thursday.
The entertainment in the evening ranged from the 3 tenors and an Il Divo tribute act, which were both very good, to the entertainment staff performing a show. The waiters and waitresses work very hard to serve everyone, but it did get quite busy at times so a little patience was required and a tip or two for their hard work was always met with a "gracias".
As I have said in my last reviews the sun beds and umbrellas desperately need replacing as they have become quite shabby for a 5 star hotel but we always managed to get 2 at most times of the day.
We enjoy a walk after breakfast before it gets too hot and this time walked into La Caletta, a small fishing village about 40mins along the front from El Duque beach. There are a few local tapas bars and restaurants where we stopped for a coffee and a rest watching the fishermen.
If you walk the other way along the promenade you can get to Americas in about 1 hour 15mins at a gentle pace.
All the staff in this hotel work extremely hard to cater for your every need and we thank them all once again for making our holiday special, we will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool and sea view on higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SoulgirlCarnforth
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Myself and my two children have no visited here 7 times, and yet again cannot fault it. Food is superb, service is top notch. Rooms are fantastic, and have plenty of space for us all. The lobby area is simply stunning.. The waterfall straight in front of you and then the piano bar to your left hand side is phenomenal. Certainly takes your breath away. Kids club is fantastic and certainly keeps them entertained during the day - Giving me some time to top up on my tan, and you know they're in safe hands. Not one bad thing I can say, Certainly is a Grand Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Megan C
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just home from a week in the Costa Adeje Gran in Tenerife. Standard of hotel isn't quite 5 star, I would say 4 star is more fair, but the staff are wonderful on the whole-made a real fuss of our little daughter and were very helpful at all times. We stayed on a half board basis, and ate every night at the hotel. The food was ok to start, but quickly became repetitive. The real trouble started on the fourth night when i had food poisoning, pretty seriously. When i felt better, In went to reception to report, but the reception manager denied that it was possible, and said they had had no other reports of this. This despite my meeting another family who had exactly the same as me on the same night and reported it also!! This is why I'm writing the review, if the staff are going to deny the problem exists rather than try to fix it, other potential guests need to be aware of this!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank George3667
GFHoteles, Director General at GF Gran Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Sir

Thank you for choosing Costa Adeje Gran Hotel for your last holidays. We appreciate all your comments, they will help us to improve our services.

We feel sorry to hear that you felt bad for a few days during the stay; we would like to clarify that as soon as we know guest are having any health problems , we offer the possibility to call a doctor, as we consider that a doctor will be the right person to assist guests and to find out what might be causing the problems

We do offer in our Buffet La Finca, a large and varied buffet, which includes themed nights and children’s buffet. In this buffet we cater every day for more than 900 guests : breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Health and Safety controls are very strict and they are present at any of our food process

Once again we must say we really appreciate all your comments.

With kind regards,

COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Have just returned from an 11 night all inclusive stay with my husband, 5 year old son and inlaws.
We arrived after a long day travelling and were checked in quickly and allocated rooms next door to each other. We proceeded to our rooms but were unable to gain access to one of the rooms as the door key refused to work. The bellboy was passing so he opened the room and we were horrified but what we were to find!! The room was either still occupied of had been vacated and not cleaned. The beds were unmade there were dirty towels lying on the floor in the bedroom and the bathroom and rubbish overflowing over in the bins. I went down to reception and the manageress on duty came to inspect the room. She was horrified and didn't know what to say!! We were allocated another room and were told to come to reception the next day to discuss the matter further with the day manager.
We returned in the morning and met with the manager who could not have been more apologetic. She said that it appeared to have been an error on their system which said that the room had been vacated and cleaned which obviously had not been. As a goodwill gesture she offered us and the rest of our party an upgrade to one of the Royal Suites. We took her up on the offer and were delighted by what awaited us. We were in room 2104 and this consisted of 2 separate bedrooms with there own bathrooms and balcony and a dining room with sitting area with 2 sets of patio doors and a huge wrap around balcony with sea and pool views and wooden sunloungers and a table and chairs.
There were 3 tvs in total, tea and coffee making facilities, fresh fruit/wine/water and chocolates and 2 stocked mini bars!! The ultimate in luxury.
After reading some of the negative reviews I was worried about the food but I the only thing I could fault was the food on offer for the all inclusive guests at the pool bar. A shocking offering of 3 star standard at best with pigeons flying all over the place. The other food in the main restaurant I found to be very good with a wide choice of offer. Not 5 star but certainly a good 4 star standard.
There were plenty of sunbeds to go around but a word of warning reservation of sunbeds is not allowed and any unattended towels will be removed (usually around 9.30am!!)
The staff were friendly and helpful.
I would certainly return to this hotel again and would pay extra to stay in a suite. I would agree that the hotel is not in the 5 star league but certainly a good 4 star.
A bad start but I cant thank the management enough for making our holiday a memorable one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Donna F
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were recommended to the Gran Hotel by good friends, and would ourselves recommend it, if with some reservation. The first impression as you enter is - WOW ! - a very 'gran' lobby !! Indeed a very impressive building altogether, with some really interesting design features. Pool areas were lovely, the bedrooms large and airy with a/cond.and large balcony (we overlooked the pools (3) / garden but would not pay a supplement for this next time) Lobby and bar area was comfortable with mezzanine lounge areas and outside terrace. Dining room was large, busy but well laid out with 2 'indoor patio' areas Shame not to use the outdoor terrace for eating though - not sure why not ? The staff were very friendly and obliging, and attentive without being overbearing - always clean and well turned out. We went 'all inclusive' (never done that before) and found it good value as drinks were quite expensive. 'Free' drinks choice was adequate with good alternatives to branded spirits. We did a day trip and took a 'pic-nic' lunch which was a great disappointment. Should have missed that one and bought lunch out.
I would not, however, rate this hotel as a full 5* - it is looking a bit tired in places and needs some redecorating and maintenance.....this lets it down big time. The food was all buffet style and whereas this was a little monotonous, they did vary the selection every mealtime - really no complaints in this area. Overview? - good value for what we paid by booking through Monarch Holidays for a lazy week in the sun ! Would go back again happily but 7 - 10 days at a time is enough.
I booked through Monarch and they arranged transfers etc - well worth it. Others also do all inclusive deals so look around for the best price.

Room Tip: 2nd / 3rd floor with garden view very nice. Alternatively sea view 'over the bar end' of bu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple