Third visit within 2,5 years.
We like loacation, rooms, rooftop terrace and especially no-reservation policy of sunbeds! But food was worse than the 1st time, Nov. 2010. In Nov. 2011 it had improved, but now…
Reception: friendly at arrival, but businesslike at departure when we asked for later checkout (only 2 hours more). It was offered to us ‘upon availability’ as Gold Friend. Finally we could stay until 13h00.
Room 363: good location, nice view; sun at balcony after about 16h30. A quite new bath tube. We still miss some drawers in the room.
Piscina (Snack)Bar: o.k. for what you pay for it. But do not understand the loads of ‘crisps’ with all the dishes: we’ve gotten them with sandwiches, Hamburgers a.s.o. Maybe English people like them? We would appreciate just a few French fries coming with it.
It opens at 10h00, but until 10h30 you have to get your drinks at the bar if you sit at a table at it’s terrace. For guests at the pool we can imagine that.
Bar Hall : had 3 times drinks at the terrace; it was too cold most of the time to sit there. Service always good. We do not mind much about the entertainment in the evening
Restaurant (buffet): do not really have the right words to describe it. It was kind of chaotic. We did not really like the food. We have been in 4* (!) hotels that serve better food, more variety better/nicer presentation, and more professional service. We also think food was very much meant for English guests.
Most of staff were friendly (some not all too ‘welcoming’ at breakfast). We want to mention Tamara and Sergio; they were kind and welcoming.
But we have never felt that we were in a 5* hotel’s restaurant. More in a ‘tourist, busy buffet’ restaurant.
A la carte ‘La Laja’: good, but we think cooks make the menu and dishes too complicated: all those peculiar flavours and combinations. Paying € 14,00 extra on your half board was okay (we did not have to pay because we ware ‘Gf Gold friend’).
In general: especially because of the buffet restaurant we would not rate the hotel 5*. But we do not find nice, good restaurants nearby.
The no-reservation policy for sun beds is great! This is one of the main reasons for booking this hotel… They really maintain this and there are always free beds from 9 - 17h00!
Weather this time in March was o.k. but has been better. About 21-24 degrees now, sometimes cloudy and windy and rather cold in the evening. Only one small shower in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife