My 4 friends and myself have just returned, all too soon may I add, from our annual girlie holiday and the 2nd time at the Adeje Gran. I can honestly say it was just as good if not better than last year, even though we only stay for 4 days. We were checked by Juan Carlos who was very helpful, friendly and efficient for all of our stay, and the glass of cava or apple juice went down a treat after our journey. Our cases were at our rooms, 580 and 581 on the top floor with magnificent sea and pool views, within 5 minutes. The sun is on the balcony from early morning to sunset and although not huge it is perfect to sit and have a drink on and chill out whilst other people get ready.
The food as I said in my last review is excellent and the choices are enough for even the pickiest of eaters. The freshly made omelettes in the morning with oven cooked tomatoes are delicious, the choices are never ending. For lunch and dinner my favourite is the salad with Canarian potatoes, fresh cooked fish and pasta, but again there are so many other choices it is hard to make up your mind. The chefs on the fresh cooking stations work so hard to ensure you get what you want as quick as possible, and yes there are queues, so just be patient and say" gracias" it's good to show some appreciation for how hard they work. The waiters and waitresses work like trojans to set and clear tables so again a little patience is sometimes necessary, after all you are on holiday.
Most of the drinks are branded and there are 5 cocktails included in the all inclusive, the rose wine, which you get by the bottle in the dining room, is lovely. We had a jug of Sangria every afternoon on the terrace bar along with coffees and baileys a perfect way to end the afternoon, all the staff are lovely and will stop for a chat to help me with my Spanish , which is much appreciated.
The evening entertainment was in the reception bar area this year, and once again the 3 tenors were on and were brilliant as were the saxophonist and piano players. It's a large area with places to chill and relax either inside or outside, if you are a smoker.
There is a market opposite the hotel on a Thursday and Saturday and is well worth a visit, the bus stops are right outside which take you all over the Island, and the promenade for a leisurely stroll to Fanabe , La Caleta or El Duque is at the bottom of the hill, a little steep but well worth the effort and there is a lovely shopping area on the way to break up the walk downhill.
There is a beach at the promenade, and this year we sat on it for a few hours and went for a swim in the sea which was a little chilly at this time of year but very invigorating, then we sat for a coffee at one of the many bars in El Duque.
My only small gripes are as last year with having lunch, as we still could't sit outside in the sunshine, being all inclusive, unless we opted for a very limited choice with plastic knives and forks, so we had to go in the dining room, but perhaps when we go next year they may have sorted something out. You can get toasted sandwiches from the reception and sit in there to eat them if you do not want to go in the dining room.
The second being, as last year, the sun beds and umbrellas desperately need replacing, they do let the lovely pool areas down.
I would just like to thank ALL the staff for making our holiday fantastic and can't wait to go back in May.
It's one of the best hotels we have stayed in and I am going again in May with my husband for his birthday as well as with the "girls" next March. Take my advise just book it and see for yourselves, you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife