Returned for second visit after 3 years. Hotel just as good but greater percentage of AI guests. Had a room overlooking the road above the restaurant which was OK but should have paid for a pool view in advance (hotel was full and couldn't upgrade on arrival) as some traffic noise. Hotel is a little tired in some places but kept very clean by very efficient & friendly staff. Unusual these days not to see hand wash/gel around but didn't hear of anyone with tummy problems so perhaps it shows that "normal" hygiene is all that is required if food is well prepared and presented (and the guests behave themselves!) Good choice of food at all times with freshly prepared meat, fish & pasta, plus eggs/omelettes & pancakes for breakfast. Loads of sunbeds and good to see the "no reservation" policy being upheld by the staff. We tried the a la carte restaurant twice to break up the buffet. First time we had the indian set menu (OK) and the second we had the ordinary menu. Vegetarian prawns just about worked but the texture and taste of the vegetarian chicken didn't. Would be better to have a proper chicken dish and a proper vegetarian dish that didn't pretend to be meat.
Best feature is the pool bar with good view over the rooftops to the sea - great place for late afternoon cocktail. Entertainment was more than OK: seen better but also seen much worse and the audience seemed to like it every night. Animation team are enthusiastic but don't force themselves on you. Large heated pool was very relaxing. Unheated pool was a bit too refreshing in January, even in 22-24 deg C.
Location is good, short walk to the sea and there is always a taxi back to avoid the hill (well worth 4 euros for those with trouble walking back). Very handy for market and the relatively cheap and efficient local bus.
We were AI but didn't spot any difference in quality/friendliness of staff compared to non-AI guests.
Overall, it is billed as 5 star but more like 4 star with some 5 star touches but it was what we expect from this style/class/price of hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife