“5* hotel food and entertaimnent no”

GF Gran Costa Adeje
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
“5* hotel food and entertaimnent no”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

spent a week at this hotel having being upgraded as the fanabe costa sur was over booked,everything about the hotel was 5* except the food and entertainment,i am not a fussy eater but some of the breakfasts left a lot to be desired,also dinner have had nicer food in 3-4*,having said that there was always plenty to eat staff always polite and helpful.bedrooms very spacious,everthing you wanted in bathrooms cleaned every day.The hotel is quite away out so a bit of walk down hill to seafront.Entertainment certainly not what you would expect for 5* hotel could have been alot better,however the twice weekly market is only down road also bus stops which were very handy for getting about.

Room Tip: had room 317 see sun rise straight on to balcony
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lindylouof32m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,570)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Eythorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Well having just returned from thr above hotel I woiuld like to say how relaxing it was. I stayed here five years ago and thr hotel still came up to my expectations. The staff and cleanliness were just as good and everyone extremely helpful.The area is amazing albeit a little hilly, but hey you are on hols why hurry!!!! One day I will return there.

Room Tip: I had a room on floor 0 which suited me fine as stairs arent to good for me as I have a spine proble...
1 Thank Anne P
Bolton
Reviewed January 25, 2013

OK. About this time last year I stayed over New Year at CAGH and I reviewed it on TA. Just thought i'd do a follow up having recently returned from this years New Year bash.
Last year I gave it a 4 spot Very Good" - No change it really is a nice, well run hotel.
Last year I commented that We were all very impressed with the organisation of the place (never seen more efficient reception staff)". This year they were better - I emailed in October requesting one of the great rooms on the 5th floor (at the bottom of the U) and very obligingly they gave me 577 (It really is the best location for a room in the hotel) No extra charge for this by the way. How's that for attentive staff. WELL DONE!
I also commented that the TVs are the old CRT type which aren't good and the signal was poor - Good News - TVs have been upgraded this year. Good signal too. WELL DONE!
I commented how the Wifi signal was a bit hit n miss - No change at all on that score it really is annoying - You'd be connected and then you'd not be! If you speak to staff on the reception they usually blame your own equipment (there was some technical reason why our new iPad would not connect - yet the iPads that people rented off the hotel worked fine???) Total rubbish because the morning after it connected fine - the fault was the dreaded inconsistent wifi signal. Now I don't believe for one second that they purposely told me a load of bunkum - I think that it's the hotels IT people who are responsible for this very poor aspect. EG The hotel has 2 wifi signals 1 - In Room & 2 - Reception / Foyer area BUT, along with the pre mentioned room wifi hit n miss, there are many places you cannot connect from like.... Areas around both pools areas, the main outside bar area, dining hall - NO WAY I hear you say considering how popular Wifi is now...... Let me give you an example ... from the main outside bar / snacking area you get a stronger signal from the shopping centre 150 metres down the street than you do from EITHER of the CAGH wifi's (albeit it's a secure connection so can't be accessed). Please Mr CAGH manager - When you read this and speak to your IT guys about it (which I am sure you will). Please don't be fobbed off by their tecnogarbling its [--]. There are many systems out their specifically designed for large hotels. Speak to someone who knows what they are talking about.
Sorry but its a MUST DO BETTER here.
Last year I didn't comment on the food - this year I must. The quality was up and down like the proverbial brides ..... EG New Years Eve - Lobster, Langoustines great dishes to name a couple but the lots of little accompaniments, No vegetables for main etc. Personal choice I know be we didn't appreciate the change this year. + Last Saturday evenings (5/1) dinner was the WORST meal my wife and I have had during our two stays - South American theme I think - Aztec soup wasn't bad really but after that it was abismal - fatty ribs, fried ham n cheese rolls etc etc certainly not the type of food for a Saturday night dinner. THEN Sunday lunchtime - lo and behold the BEST meal we have had in our two stays. Really delicious fish, meat the business! Unbelievable. One thing that is very consistent - The waiters/waitresses - they are superb to a man/woman - On conclusion of a stay - I always tip well for good service and this was no exception. The Very Best. WELL DONE.

Last Year I commented that the entertainment quality is patchy with some really good acts and some not so good acts and the entertainment on New Years Eve was pretty poor overall. This year it was great - a really big improvement especially the Bollywood Show - It was really good. - I don't agree with putting headline acts on in the theatre room though as opposed to on the stage in the main bar - people seemed to finish dinner then find a table in the main bar and get settled so why would they then want to move to the theatre and back again afterwards but overall WELL DONE!
Last year I closed my review by saying that we had a great time and would definitely return to the Costa Adeje Gran and that remains the case.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LeatherLes
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed 27th November 2012 for 10 nights. Read a few reviews, but we had stayed 1 night a couple of years ago due to flight delays, so we had a good idea what to expect, and we weren't dissapointed. The rooms are spacious and cleaned every day, towels changed daily, plenty of wardrobe space. Air con wasn't that brilliant, I had the doors open most nights. Good Wi fi signal in rooms. I love the idea of not being able to leave towels on sunbeds on a morning, so you don't have to get up early(there are plenty) and this is policed every day with towels being removed and any other belongings that are left.
Restaurant: The food in the restaurant is excellent be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, plenty of choice eg: pizza, pasta, meat cooked fresh for you plenty of seafood,mussels, fish etc, there is also a kids section with chips burgers chicken nuggets etc.
Drinks: Good choice of spirits etc and their Whiskey cream is as good if not better than our Baileys, and the lager's not bad either and plenty of soft drinks.
Entertainment: didn't really do the entertainment but what bit we did see was good, there was something on every night.
We enjoyed our holiday although the weather was a bit cloudy in the afternoon from about 2pm most days.
We are returning to the hotel in November 2013 and have already booked.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank Rosemarie W
Flitton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was mildly sceptical of the 5 star rating prior to arriving at this hotel. I need not have worried. The Gran is an outstanding destination, luxurious, beautifully clean, magnificent service and the quality of food will astound you. We travelled on Christmas day returning new years day. Everything about th Gran contributed to a wonderful break. Perfectly placed up the hill from a very high quality shopping complex, a brisk walk takes you to the beach in 5 minutes from the hotel. Incredible views and this part of Tenerife is beautifully maintained. I highly recommend the Gran on the food alone, well appointed rooms, excellent service in bars and restaurants, lovely grounds and 4 swimming pools. A simply must visit destination. I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms on upper floors desirable, but ours was not and still wonderful
7 Thank GylesLondon
Derbyshire
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The advantage of this hotel is that it is directly opposite the Thursday market, which is quite a bit more upmarket than the usual rubbish! The hotel lived up to its 5 star rating in terms of decor and room comfort, but not the best breakfast in the world - more like a Butlin's special. The evening meals were nuch better with a wide choice of meats, but, again, not quite 5 star - you have to pay for ALL drinks (including water and wine is only sold by the bottle). But a great little town lovely scenery and buses to everywher including Adeje itself which is a lovely town up in the hill and much cheaper that the coas!!

Room Tip: Ask for sun balcony
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank travellingman9
Bedale, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Returned yet again in December (last visit September), another excellent vacation. I can't understand any negative reviews about this hotel. It is spotlessly clean, the staff are very friendly and food is good,
Put your towels out before 10 and leave them while you go for breakfast and they will be gone when you return, brilliant !
Very comfortable at night around the bars and restaurants, no fear of bumping into the rougher element.
Free sparkling wine, chocs, fruit and full mini bar all complimentary for being a regular user.
If you want real 5 star, go somewhere else and pay double the price but this is still a top class value for money hotel, we will return.

4 Thank colin170258