This is my opinion!!! everyone is entitled to them.....its just that I cant understand some of them!!! My wife, son, and I stayed at the costa Adeje Gran 20th - 27th oct. I can honestly say there was no faulting it!! Our experience was fantastic. Firstly the rooms...very spacious, two large beds for my wife and I, and a smaller sprung base pull out bed for our son, all beds very comfortable, slept well every night. Aircon was quite weak but if you kept it on then the room stayed at a nice temp throughout the day! Bathroom was enormous with seperate toilet area and bidet, yes shower went hot and cool but no different from most hotels in canaries or mainland spain. We also had fridge, safe, more than enough clothes hangers, and a hd tv with english channels....not that we watched it!!
Food was exceptional...yes the halls got busy, but it was a big hotel. Breakfast was great, lots of choice, usual food for unadventurous folk.. bacon etc. But also lovely hams and meats, lots of fruit, breads, croissants, pain au chocolat. As well as a juice bar, and a crepe bar!!!
Lunch was amazing, two types of fish, and two types of meat cooked to your liking on the grill, as well as different meats and fish on the platters already out to help yourself to. great choice for vegetarians, meat lovers, fish lovers!!! something for everyone.
Evening meal was again superb, as above but with pasta bar and usually more seafood, mussels, lingustine, prawns, cuttlefish, crab.....excellent, as well as more traditional dishes for the less adventurous!!
Yes it was busy, but the staff worked exceptionally hard, you always got a table, the staff were friendly despite their workload, Nothing was too much trouble and done with a smile, and alaugh if you tried to speak spanish to them!!
The pools were fab, they werent heated... but when im hot I dont want a warm pool, I want to be able to cool down...and no the pools werent freezing, some people are very soft!! It felt cold going in but once in and your body cooled after being sat in the sun for hours it felt lovely and refreshing...my son and I spent most of our holiday in these pools. There was plenty of sunbeds....more than enough for everyone.....all around the pools, we had no bother getting sunbeds even when we went to the pool later after going to the excellent Adeje market!! Pool bars were great, cracking measures on spirits, and pints of beer!!!! Good snack food and icecream as well!!
The entertainment in the evenings was ok to excellent....usually three acts each evening, kids one first, usually with animals....take money for photos....dont usually like these but wife had a photo with a Golden Eagle, and a Racoon and my son had a picture done with some Parrots, 10euro each but worth it for the memories. second act was a singer, great elton john impersonator one night, and then an act....magician, contortionist, dancers, comedian!! The highlights being, charlie chaplin....very funny close up comedy, and the fantastic three tenors!!!
I would also recommend the ala carte resteraunt 14euros extra on AI but well worth it exquisite food....It was my wife and I's wedding anniversary on our last evening when we had the ala carte meal, my wife mentioned it to me when booking the meal when we first arrived, and the staff that took the booking must have heard as we recieved..during the meal, a card from the hotel, some chocolates, and a bottle of champagne!!! A really lovely touch which really made the evening and sums up this hotel!!!
A beautiful hotel, well run, with very friendly and helpful staff, great pools, amazing food, good entertainment...a great holiday.....would I come back to this hotel........you bet I would!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COSTA ADEJE GRAN Hotel, a 5 star hotel located in Costa Adeje area in the south of Tenerife, has 485 rooms (double standard rooms and suites). Free WIFI access in all Hotel areas, and a huge variety of services and installations, as restaurants, bars, pools, sun terrace, shops, mini market, etc. Perfect for your family holidays as well as for couples and friends. We are also a perfect option for conferences, events and weddings, as our Hotel counts with several conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your GF Gran Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Gran Tenerife
- Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife
- GF Gran Costa Adeje Tenerife