“Opinions, Opinions, and more Opinions”

GF Gran Costa Adeje
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is my opinion!!! everyone is entitled to them.....its just that I cant understand some of them!!! My wife, son, and I stayed at the costa Adeje Gran 20th - 27th oct. I can honestly say there was no faulting it!! Our experience was fantastic. Firstly the rooms...very spacious, two large beds for my wife and I, and a smaller sprung base pull out bed for our son, all beds very comfortable, slept well every night. Aircon was quite weak but if you kept it on then the room stayed at a nice temp throughout the day! Bathroom was enormous with seperate toilet area and bidet, yes shower went hot and cool but no different from most hotels in canaries or mainland spain. We also had fridge, safe, more than enough clothes hangers, and a hd tv with english channels....not that we watched it!!

Food was exceptional...yes the halls got busy, but it was a big hotel. Breakfast was great, lots of choice, usual food for unadventurous folk.. bacon etc. But also lovely hams and meats, lots of fruit, breads, croissants, pain au chocolat. As well as a juice bar, and a crepe bar!!!

Lunch was amazing, two types of fish, and two types of meat cooked to your liking on the grill, as well as different meats and fish on the platters already out to help yourself to. great choice for vegetarians, meat lovers, fish lovers!!! something for everyone.

Evening meal was again superb, as above but with pasta bar and usually more seafood, mussels, lingustine, prawns, cuttlefish, crab.....excellent, as well as more traditional dishes for the less adventurous!!

Yes it was busy, but the staff worked exceptionally hard, you always got a table, the staff were friendly despite their workload, Nothing was too much trouble and done with a smile, and alaugh if you tried to speak spanish to them!!

The pools were fab, they werent heated... but when im hot I dont want a warm pool, I want to be able to cool down...and no the pools werent freezing, some people are very soft!! It felt cold going in but once in and your body cooled after being sat in the sun for hours it felt lovely and refreshing...my son and I spent most of our holiday in these pools. There was plenty of sunbeds....more than enough for everyone.....all around the pools, we had no bother getting sunbeds even when we went to the pool later after going to the excellent Adeje market!! Pool bars were great, cracking measures on spirits, and pints of beer!!!! Good snack food and icecream as well!!

The entertainment in the evenings was ok to excellent....usually three acts each evening, kids one first, usually with animals....take money for photos....dont usually like these but wife had a photo with a Golden Eagle, and a Racoon and my son had a picture done with some Parrots, 10euro each but worth it for the memories. second act was a singer, great elton john impersonator one night, and then an act....magician, contortionist, dancers, comedian!! The highlights being, charlie chaplin....very funny close up comedy, and the fantastic three tenors!!!

I would also recommend the ala carte resteraunt 14euros extra on AI but well worth it exquisite food....It was my wife and I's wedding anniversary on our last evening when we had the ala carte meal, my wife mentioned it to me when booking the meal when we first arrived, and the staff that took the booking must have heard as we recieved..during the meal, a card from the hotel, some chocolates, and a bottle of champagne!!! A really lovely touch which really made the evening and sums up this hotel!!!

A beautiful hotel, well run, with very friendly and helpful staff, great pools, amazing food, good entertainment...a great holiday.....would I come back to this hotel........you bet I would!!!!

5  Thank Matthew H
GFHoteles, Manager at GF Gran Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Mathew H,

thank you for the time spent in reviewing Costa Adeje Gran Hotel in TripAdvisor.

Firstly we'd like to say any feedback from our guests is happily welcomed.It helps to improve and encourages to work hard to increase quality standards.

We are specially thankful for the mention about the effort of the members of our team, that has a tremendous value for them as they are really focused in pleasing guests as much as they can.Your positive feedback is a motivation for all of us.

We are glad that you had enjoyed your dinner at our a la carte restaurant, La Laja, our gem that can also be reviewed independently in TripAdvisor.

All our team is pleased to know you are satisfied with the quality found during your holiday stay, we work hard on daily basis to meet our demanding guests expectations and keep improving services and facilities to improve and offer the most pleasant stay possible.

There are newer reviews for GF Gran Costa Adeje

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have just returned from a week at the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel and had a great time. First of all I have never been to Tenerife before and was taken aback by how beautiful it was. I could have just sat and looked at the coastline and the mountains for hours without getting bored.

The hotel is located in a great place in my opinion giving you a short walk to the beach or local shops with a good mix of designer boutiques and cheap gift shops. There is also a market right outside 2 days a week for any market lovers and plenty of restaurants to choose from if you don't go all inclusive.

I have stayed all inclusive before and this is the best food I have had so far. There is a really good selection and more importantly it is good quality. The hot food is piping hot and food hygiene seemed to be spot on.

There are a few people who have commented here saying that they don't feel the hotel is a 5 star and compared to a capital city hotel maybe it is not but it as an all inclusive beach hotel, it is the best I have stayed in and I would go back.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and all the staff are pleasant and helpful. I would have loved it even more if it was less busy as the restaurant was quite chaotic and it was tricky to get a sunbed by the pool. We were also not allowed to keep our room later than the normal checkout time on departure day even if we paid a supplement because they were completely full to capacity but I guess this is what we have to expect now going on holiday in the school holidays.

My only small suggestion for the hotel would be to try and allocate rooms to smokers and non-smokers in separate parts of the building. We were sandwiched between two rooms of smokers and felt unable to open our balcony door at all let alone sit out there as our whole room filled with the smell of smoke every time the door opened. We were unfortunate to be in the room next door to a chain-smoking woman who rarely seemed to leave her balcony and the sound of her voice travelled through the balcony doors even when they were closed. Soundproofing through walls and balcony doors is not good so if I did go back I would be really hoping not to be put next to a party animal.

Only small complaints though, I did love it and will be looking to book again for next year.

3  Thank victoria0191
GFHoteles, Manager at GF Gran Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Victoria0191,

thank you for reviewing Costa Adeje Gran Hotel in TripAdvisor.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by smokers located next to your room, it's something we'll consider carefully as we undeerstand it's unpleasant for non smokers. Thanks for this suggestions, which is very valuable.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

5star rating not justified. Cutbacks apparent.
Pools were not heated 20-27 oct, freezing!!
A/c not working rooms 528 and 480. There is not individual temp room control(just fan level), thus temps must be centrally controlled by hotel. Room cleaned 3.30pm!
Hotel full,staff under enormous pressure..packed canteen,sorry dining room.(an eating rather than dining experience). Pasta bar food is good but not worth the wait, if there's 6 or more people waiting its a 20min plus wait. Also juice bar,long unacceptable waits
Food is curates egg,but quality issues abound.

Staff attitude is very good considering understaffed.Always cheerful and helpful,they deserve a medal.
Great to have. UK tv for once in rooms. Bbc 1,2 ITV 1,3,4 film4 and more 4, excellent screen.
Also room interior is 8/10 ,
Hotel is 5-10 min walk downhill to seafront. To the left is all the usual tacky shops ,to the right is more pleasant and upmarket restaurants and hotels
Hotel guest relations said hotels on beachfront full board would be much more expensive and they're probably right
So u get what u pay for.

Room Tip: If u have paid more for a sea pool view,get room facing directly the sea not the sides. Ie hotel is...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David L

Dear David L,

Thank you for taking some time to post your thoughts about Costa Adeje Gran Hotel in TripAdvisor.

We consider a balanced value for money is one of our strenghts and also working on permanent basis to meet our guests expectations.

For us is priceless and absolutely helpful the list of improvements you suggest to take into account, we'll work on it with our staff as we are always trying to improve .

We appreciate your positive comments on our staff, we all work hard trying our best to provide pleasant stays.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my family (wife and a 9 year-old son) for a week in late october 2012. Check-in was pleasant and fast, and our luggage was brought to our room within a few minutes. The reception/entrance hall is impressive. Rooms were reasonably spacious and well kept. Our view from the balcony was toward a road that was busy at times so now luck there, but it didn't bother much as we were on the 3rd floor. There is a huge pool area with two large pools and a children's pool on the ground level, and a smaller quiet pool (at least it looked and sounded like a quiet pool!) on the roof floor. The main pools were nice, however a bit to cold to really be enjoyed. I would also like it if parts of the pools were a bit deeper, They were said to be 140 cm, but for most parts they were 120-130 cm. Sunbeds were always available.

We chose to have bed and breakfast, as we prefer to check out local restaurants (there are several restaurants, some of them very nice, by the beach, about a ten minutes walk from the hotel), rather than spending the evenings at the hotel. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and good quality and service. Needless to say, it is crowded at times with more than 400 rooms to be served, but we always got a table without waiting. It was also very well organised, with different stations (warm/cold/sweets/drinks/ham and cheese, fruits, bread etc.) located in different areas rather than clustered together, which meant you didn't have to queue with people who were having something else than yourself.

This is a 5 star hotel in many respects, but a few cons lead me to conclude with 4. First, there were no glasses in the room except from two for brushing our teeth (and we were a family of three). Two wine glasses should definitely have been provided. Second, one of our preferred lifts to the reception stopped working properly during the week. Doors wouldn't open at the 3rd floor, so we had to continue to the 4th. As it stopped on the 3rd floor, it made a lot of noise. It could appear a bit scary, so the lift should have been closed to await repair. And third, I found it very strange that the light on our balcony was autmoatically switched off at about 23:45 pm. I like to sit out and read with a glass or two of wine at least for yet an hour, and guest should definitely have been allowed to regulate this themselves.

3  Thank Arvehj
GFHoteles, Manager at GF Gran Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Arvehj,

Your feedback is highly valued by all our team , so thank you for letting us know your personal opinion about the aspects we should improve as we are focused in working hard to fullfill everybody's expectations something difficult to achieve, but is a permanent motivation as it helps us to pay attention on daily basis to personal likes and preferences that we take into account to increase the quality of our hotel.

Regarding the lift failure, which we are repairing, we are afraid machines fail, no matter how many stars a hotel has, machines fail sometimes, and the only thing we can do is repair them as fast as we can.

The lights in the balcony issue you mentioned happens because of our hotel chain energy saving and eco friendly policy, highly valued for our guests.

Thanks for your comment about the glasses in the room, which are provided when a guest requests minibar to be filled, but for sure will take this point into account.

Please accept our excuses for any inconvenience caused by this matters mentioned.

We appreciate your positive comments on the variety of food in our restaurant and the way it's located, as you said , it's a useful way to avoid queus at peak times.

We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in a near future at Costa Adeje Gran Hotel

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Shocked at the review I just read (when is a 5 star not a 5 star) as we were there the same week and must say we thought everything about the hotel was fantastic, The rooms were comfortable and cleaned every day, the food was varied and of a good standard, All of the staff were polite helpful and worked so hard.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and will be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank davEastAnglia
GFHoteles, Manager at GF Gran Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear DavEastAnglia,

thank you so much for sharing your experience at Costa Adeje Gran Hotel in TripAdvisor.

Every day and every guest means a challenge for us as one of the goals we have is trying to please our demanding visitors and do our best to make stays memorable, according to this philosophy, any feedback from our guests is welcome, that's the best way to improve.

Your personal positive opinion has a special value for us and we guess that also for many other Tripadvisor users. It's rewarding and motivating for all our team to know you are satisfied with the quality found and have enjoyed your well deserved holidays.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Myself and my husband decided to stay at this hotel after reading numerous reviews & chose an all inclusive package. It was our 1st holiday for 3yrs without our 3 children. We arrived shortly before 9 at night. We booked a privat transfer from the airport which I highly recommend. We were greatest by the duty manager who was lovely. He rushed us through our check-in so we could have dinner in the restaurant before dinner. We just left out bags & headed straight to dinner.

The restaurant is bright, spacious & the choice of food was just astounding. The staff were so helpful and couldn't do enough for us. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner & on return to our room, we were greeted by our luggage & champagne.

Breakfast is amazing :) something for everyone. The A la Carte restaurant is well worth the €14 per person, superb. The evening entertainment is a little cheesy but after a few Costa Adeje cocktails it's more than tolerable. The entertainment staff work incredible hard. They always seem to be in the hotel working.

The pool is beautiful & the staff remove remove towels on 'reserved' sun loungers. There are more than enough loungers & parasols to go around. The pool bar is lovely with a huge amount of snacks available all day.

I cannot praise the staff highly enough, they are pleasant, work really hard & their English is very good. The hotel itself is immaculate. There are lots of little shops right beside the hotel. There's a market across the street on Thursday & Saturdays from 9-2pm. A bit of bartering is always fun. The beach is close by , but be prepared for the up & down hill walk, best done early in the morning or late evening. There's also a lovely shopping centre at the bottom of the hill but it is quite expensive specialing in designer wear.

We had an amazing time, thanks to the great staff, great food, beautiful surroundings & the good company we were lucky enough to find. :)

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Clodidode

Dear Clodidode,

We are glad that you have enjoyed your family stay in Costa Adeje and that we will pass your special mentions to our workmates for looking after you at your arrival.

Your positive feedback and your recomendation to others are highly valued for all of us at Costa Adeje Gran Hotel.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just returned to the cold UK after a fabulous holiday at this hotel with my wife and friends. Was a bit concerned after reading some of the negative reports prior to my visit, but these were soon found to be inaccurate. The room we had was located towards the rear of the hotel, on level one, which was nice and clean and very spacious. We had requested a low floor due too my disability . I hired a mobilty scooter prior to travelling, from Orange Badge Tenerife <info@orangebadge.com. This was an excellent company, they delivered my scooter 45 mins after arriving at the hotel.
The hotel was well geared up for people with disabilities with ramps and lifts enabling access to all areas.
The staff who were all friendly and offering to assist to me. I toured the resort in my scooter with no problems. The food at the hotel was excellent ,extremely tasty and always plenty of choice.The atmostphere/entertainment at night was good and the all inclusive option well worth the money for drinks.We all enjoyed this holiday very much and I would fully recommend this excellent hotel to anybody. Iwouldnt hesitate to return some time in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends