When we got to our room we had 3 single beds when we had booked a double for me and my partner and a single for our son. The beds were like hospital beds you could raise them up in the air and down again. The room was horrid, old dirty carpet, cracked floor tiles in the bathroom, ripped wallpaper, broken hair dryer, dirt up the walls. When we complained Daniel on reception told us he couldn't help us as the manager was not available. He told us we needed to speak to reservations about moving and we should use their pay phones, we asked if he could call them and explain our situation and what we had told him and he refused and said if he had to call for everyone then he would spend forever on the phone! I was shocked as obviously he gets a lot of complaints like this then which I said to him and he quickly backtracked on his answer. We were forced to use their pay phones and the reservations lady was equally unhelpful and told us she could move us to a very expensive hotel at our cost otherwise there was nothing she could do and we should speak to the reception, by this point we were getting more and more angry and called Daniel over to speak to her who was happy to do so now as it was at our expense. He then got off the phone and said there was nothing they could do and the manager would be available at 21.30 so we went to our room to shower and get ready for dinner.
We finally got to speak to the manager at 7pm after arriving at 12 in the afternoon, I told him he was advertising as a 4* but it was definately not a 4* and he admitted it was a tired 4*. He then offered to upgrade us to half board but our reason for booking bed and breakfast was because we wanted to eat out and experience different foods so half board was not good for us. He said he had another room we could look at but as I thought it was equally as bad as ours. We had no choice but to spend the 5 nights we had booked here and to be fair the rest of the hotel wasn't too bad and the food was actually quite nice it was just a case of get drunk before bed time and enter your bedroom with the light off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Sábila hotel in Costa Adeje, completely refurbished to offer a superior kind of accommodation, is now an adults only hotel with luxurious rooms, a VIP zone and hydrotherapy circuit, among other exclusive services. Located on the seafront in Torviscas, the Sábila hotel features 470 comfortable rooms with the best services. Among them you’ll find the Star Prestige rooms that grant access to special services, such as a pool area and rooftop sun loungers, the exclusive reception or a minibar upon arrival. The delicious cuisine at this hotel is composed of a buffet restaurant and a culinary market where you can choose among the creations offered by the eight food trucks and enjoy the views of the sea. What’s more, the Sábila has two bars and a nightclub. This comprehensive hotel for adults only offers an exclusive atmosphere, with services including an infinity pool, naturist solarium, a chill out zone with Balinese beds, free Wi-Fi, all inclusive, a golf course nearby, SPA Sensations with more than 600 m² of facilities, a fitness room and meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Sabila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Torviscas Playa Hotel Costa Adeje
- Iberostar Hotel Torviscas Playa
- Iberostar Hotel Adeje
- Torviscas Playa Tenerife
- Iberostar Sabila Tenerife/Costa Adeje