Iberostar Torviscas Playa
My wife & I recently stayed here for a couple of nights in mid-July. We arrived slightly before the 2pm check-in time and found the reception to be busy but with plenty of staff on hand to deal with the people waiting. Whilst we were booking in we were presented with a complimentary drink (non-alcoholic) which was most welcome in the heat. We were given a small folded card with our room number on it containing 2 electronic room cards for our room, which was on the third floor, facing the street. It later found out that you needed the key with you at all times to purchase drinks or snacks at any of the bars as no cash was taken. A receipt is provided at the time of purchase so you can keep a record of how much your bill is going to be when you check out.
The bathroom was well appointed and had a bath tub with shower attachment. There was a liquid soap dispenser over bath. The sundries included tissues, soap, bath hat, make up removal pads, and refresher tissues. The room also had a bath mat, bath towels, hand towels and a hair dryer. However there were no face cloths provided.
Opposite the bathroom was a built in wardrobe with normal hangers, however the main shelf space was taken up by a safe. The room had several table like units with small drawers. On the main table was a small stationary pack but without a pen. The door to the balcony in our room could not be fully locked. It sufficed but if we had been staying longer would have required attention. The balcony had a table, two chairs and a drying rack. There was a partial view of sea.
The dining area is quite large with one serving area divided into sections. Gentlemen are required to wear trousers and a sleeved top (short sleeves are acceptable) for dinner. Once in you choose a table and then a waiter asks you for you drinks choice. We were not given a price list however, the bar area next to reception shows water 2.25€ for 500ml. small beer over 3€ and large beer over 4€. You are not asked to pay cash as the bill is charged to your room.
All meals were buffet style, the hot selection on our first night’s meal consisted of lamb chops, meatballs, carne fiesta, fish and spaghetti bolognaise. There was a good salad and fresh fruit selection.
Breakfast had a good variety again with 6 different cereals, an egg station doing fried eggs and omelettes, scrambled eggs were in dishes near the bacon and sausages. There was a wide selection of bread and rolls as well as various pastries including Danish and croissants. Tea and coffee were brought to your table in a pot. As others have mentioned the fruit juices were reconstituted and tasted it.
We didn’t try the pools but they were never overly crowded. We found a shaded area just up a level from the pool which was free from the sun for most of the day.
We also didn’t experience the entertainment on offer. However, the area has plenty of bars and is a few steps up from the beach. Our favourite was the moonlight bar which is just behind the hotel.
Checking out was a relatively easy affair as again there were plenty of staff at reception. However, you will have a bill to pay (unless you’ve gone AI) for any food or drink you have had from the snack bars etc.
Overall we felt that whilst we enjoyed our short trip, the standard was not as good as other hotels we had stayed at in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NOTE: The hotel will remain closed from 18 April 2017 to 20 January 2018. We will be improving the facilities so that you can enjoy your holiday at IBEROSTAR even more! We apologize for any inconvenience. The IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa hotel is a 4-star All-Inclusive hotel in Costa Adeje, Tenerife situated next to the beach. It’s located on the Costa Adeje, in a beautiful area full with nature. Its spacious rooms designed to meet all the guests' needs; entertainment and leisure programmes, and activities specially designed for the very youngest make this hotel the ideal choice for a family holiday in Costa Adeje. Family sized rooms. The hotel’s range of rooms is quite varied. The construction and design of the rooms is based on the guests’ distinct needs. Those travelling with family can stay in spacious quadruple rooms; couples can stay in double rooms and there is also a room for guests with limited mobility. Children, very well cared for. The hotel offers an interesting array of options for children and teenagers at its Mini Club (4- to 7-year-olds), Maxi Club (8 to 12) and Teenie Club (13 to 17). Run by an efficient team of entertainment pros, they plan lots of activities to keep your little ones busy all day long. Fun for the whole family in our hotels, always. A la carte activities. Since leisure and entertainment are very important when choosing a holiday destination, the IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa hotel strives to offer a superior programme for its guests: a centre with treatments and beauty care, a large variety of sports both inside and outside the hotel, cultural theme nights, various live music performances and shows for day and night time entertainment. Free premium Wi-Fi: Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to three devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Iberostar Torviscas Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Torviscas Playa Hotel Costa Adeje
- Iberostar Hotel Torviscas Playa
- Iberostar Hotel Adeje
- Torviscas Playa Tenerife
- Iberostar Torviscas Playa Tenerife/Costa Adeje