“good 3* clean, good food and drink”

LABRANDA Isla Bonita
Ranked #51 of 58 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Newcastle
“good 3* clean, good food and drink”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went AI for 4 nights in December. The hotel is very large with two building each on has its own pool. The kids club is great and they have lots of activities. The drink is good quality and the food is what you expect from a mid range AI. Always hot and have different choices on every night. Just check that the chicken is cooked proeprly as mine was raw in the middle! The chef cooks a different meat on the hot plate every night and it just so happened to be chicken breast. I ate half of it before realising it wasnt cooked through!
The reception staff were very friendly and accomodating. The rooms can be quite noisy as you can hear people on the corridor returning to their rooms.
I booked a superior room and I think it was worth it as the decoration was much nicer than your typical Tenerife hotel!

Room Tip: we were on the fourth floor away from the lift but the hotel is near a main road and a shopping mall...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank shellandshaun
adonishotelsresorts, Director of Sales at LABRANDA Isla Bonita, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Madam,
We thank you for your comment as feedback from our guests help us to keep our services at the highest possible level and we appreciate your positive evaluation.
As you experienced during your stay our mission is providing our customers a "holiday home" experience with a cozy atmosphere and a friendly service!
All the Staff & Management thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (890)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Prudhoe, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Had an enjoyable week at Isla Bonita. Room was exactly what we expected, having previously stayed at this hotel about 8 or 9 times, the last being in May 2006. The food was good, and the staff very friendly, especially those that still recognised me 7 years on.
Yes, the weather was pretty bad, and yes the hotel leaked, but I think this would have been the case in most of the hotels on Tenerife. The worst weather in some 20 years would have defeated everywhere.
The one real disappointment was the non-response to two emails, prior to our departure from the UK, I sent to Adonis's Central Reservations. This would never have happened previously. If you provide an email address, Adonis, you should respond to the email's you receive, especially from past customers.

4 Thank allano52
Dear Sir,
We are honored that you have chosen Isla Bonita as your favorite resort in Tenerife and we thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is our pride and helps us to give the best of ourselves to make the guests' stay unforgettable.
As you experienced during your several visits our mission is providing our customers a "holiday home" experience with a cozy atmosphere and a friendly service!
As far as your email, we apologize we didn't reply to you, however we were in the middle of a change of management and probably it didn't get trough to the new email address which is: reservas.islabonita@mphmcanaries.com.
Burntwood, Staffs
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is as dismal on the inside as it looks from the outside. We were shocked at the quality of the room we were given, and when we asked to pay for an upgrade were told nothing was available.
The bed was so uncomfortable that I spent a couple of nights on the dilapidated excuse for a sofa bed. No soap was provided and towels would be collected and not replaced some days. No one can predict the weather, but when the heavens open you do not expect a supposed 4* hotel to leak in the corridors and communal areas, and for the power to go off. We had to step around buckets and plastic containers in the dining room while the cleaning staff mopped up. It was the same in the entertainment area. There were even buckets on the stage. Having said that the animation team worked very hard and were the only good thing about this place. Costa Adeji is lovely but this is a sorry excuse for a 4* hotel. Never again !

5 Thank Eddierob1952
Dear Madam,
We thank you for your review and would like to express our regret that you didn’t enjoy your stay at our hotel.
Regarding the heavy rainfall and consequently partial leaking in the dining room we did ask the guests if they were ok but first priority at the time was to deal with the problem. Nature cannot be controlled and we can assure you that the amount of water that rained that day is really exceptional in the south of the island. After the problem with the rain we indeed had to do some maintenance work to prevent the same problem from happening again. Even the power cut occurred in several places in the island during the storm.
Despite the very bad weather conditions you had during your stay, we hope you consider Isla Bonita for your next trip to Tenerife.

Travelers are raving about these Costa Adeje hotels

London
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Booked all inclusive package with easyjet with the Mrs. Paid £250 each including transfer for 5 nights at Isla Bonita. Just want to start this summary of our holiday with #whatadeal!

Flew into tenerife south. Had to wait a bit for transfer but no drama as the temp was 26 degrees so we were just sunning it outside the airport. Bus came after 30 mins then had the fun of the transfer ... Known as TRANSFER ROULETTE. Where you arrive at every hotel hoping it's not yours or visa versa. Transfer took an hour or so but was cool seeing other hotels and places.

Arrived at the hotel which had a cool tropical themed entrance. Was served pretty much immediately. Check in took less than 5 mins. They took a deposit of 60 euros for any issues but this was just written down on a form not actually put on card. After reading posts beforehand on tripadvisor we were advised to aim for the fifth floor and pool view. I asked for this and he did say this costs more but low and behold because we were pleasant and friendly he did it anyways. So check in was bliss!!

Got into our room. Slightly dated but separated into 3 rooms and a nice balcony. Big couch with small flat screen telly and pull out bed. Mini kitchen in corner with fridge for the water... Bathroom was fine but the shower was one of the most powerful I have used. Which was good. Bedroom was massive with king size bed. Perfect for my tossing and turning. Mrs never slept so good!! Balcony was great had views of the mountains, sea and pool.

Arrived around lunchtime so started our first time all inclusive action! I was greeted with beer on tap at the entrance to the restaurant. Proper dangerous!! Helped myself to the nice local brew called Tropical. I would say its mix of peroni/staropramen. Very drinkable. Vino was not to bad either. Had nice fried chicken for lunch and salad.

Decided to head down to the beach which was not far at all away. First thing I saw was this beach bar called LeClub. Amazing place. Loads of beds on the sand with a DJ playing funky house music all day. Incredible food and beer. Ended up hiring a bed the next day. What value. Either pay 30 euros for the bed all day or pay 50 euros to be spent on food and drink and get bed free. I drank all day mrs had a bit. Had two large lunches and only had to pay 10 euros more. Awesome day!!

Was lucky to have 3 good days of sunshine so spent a lot of time at the beach and watched my beloved arsenal at a great bar along the front where beer was 1 euro. Wow!! Unfortunately weather turned so spent more time in the hotel and took part in the daily activities and had such a laugh. The Animation team are brilliant and great fun. The evening entertainment was excellent as well. We were treated to these incredible parrots the first night. Frank is wicked. Otherwise just great music and something for everyone. Last night there was karaoke and yes I did my routines but incredibly I am used to being stopped after 15 seconds but there they let me sing the whole song. Brilliant lol

All in all it was such a great holiday and hotel and I would love to go back. Yes there is this and that to either complain or not be happy about but they make up for this in effort, professionalism and friendliness. If you look at what we paid I was fed 3 times a day, given a lovely room and literally drank that place dry. Just unbelievable value.

Thanks Isla Bonita we had a great time!

Room Tip: Get room A510 best there is. Grab a jug from fridge for beer so you don't have to do to many tri...
3 Thank PeterP23
Dear Peter,
We thank you for your clear and detailed comment as feedback from our guests help us to keep our services at the highest possible level and we appreciate your very positive evaluation. At the same time we hope it is equally helpful to others who are searching on the web their holiday destination in Tenerife. The fact that you, as well as a large part of our customers, intend to come back to stay again at Isla Bonita speaks for itself.
We are looking forward to seeing you again in Tenerife at Isla Bonita!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed here 2/12/13 - 12/12/13. Let me begin by clearly stating that I don't believe this hotel is worthy of a 4 star-rating, maybe 20 years ago but definitely not today. Many people have suggested that the hotel rating in tenerife is not of the same standard in the UK and "you get what you pay for"... I don't believe this is relevant as there are many 4 star hotels in the area and you can see the high quality of them even from the outside. I have stayed in many 4 star hotels all over the world and this is by far the worst quality one.

On arrival, reception seemed chaotic. There was no clear queue for check in - lots of people hovering around for different reasons and the staff seemed disinterested. Reception staff were generally ok but just ok... Not very friendly or welcoming....not what I would expect from a 4 star hotel. The only FOH staff that gave excellent customer care was the woman who worked on the evening of 11/12/13 during the power cut - she was lovely at all times during our stay!

When we arrived it was raining and all around the hotel there were leaks, flooding with makeshift buckets and towels collecting water; including the foyer, restaurant, hallways and lounge area. Floors were wet, muddy and slippery. Both me and my partner almost had accidents. This was also the case for every other day it rained. I understand that the rain was not usual for the area but for a "4 star" hotel I would have expected better provisions to be taken.

A week before arrival I emailed the hotel to request a pool view room and a double bed, but both these requests were ignored! Our room (B237) was large, but very outdated. The bathroom was horrible; rusty shower and black grime on the walls (which i think was due to be painted as a decorator knocked on our door with his tools expecting the room to be empty). This room was clearly not up to standard and should not have been in use. Our room was not cleaned to a great standard as fluff and dirt was still left on the floor after several days.The room has kitchen facilities but no cutlery, utensils or tea making facilities!! 4 star???!! There was also no iron in the room and we had to put a deposit down at reception every time we needed to use it, bit of a pain! And not what I would expect from a 4 star hotel.

On the first night due to the chilly weather we requested extra blankets and ended up waiting over 3 hours despite numerous trips to reception. Not 4 star service!!!! Our toilet had a fault during our stay and we had to wait 2 days for it to be fixed... Again not 4 star service!!! On a few days our towels were removed during room cleaning and were not replaced until several reminders and many hours later. They informed us that only one staff member was working in our block to accommodate the 5 floors. This is not fair on the staff member or the guests... I really think the hotel needs to employ more staff, especially as it a large complex!

That being said the hotel did make a nice gesture by leaving a bottle of cava and a small cake in the room for both me and my partners birthday's. Thank you!

The food was adequate with a decent selection of fresh salad, meat and fruit. Wine and beer are self service, which was handy. However the food was very repetitive and sometimes lukewarm and of the lowest quality. We ate out 4 of our 10 days as we were tired of eating the same thing for lunch and dinner!! Restaurant staff work really hard and were always nice and polite, a big thank you to them!!

Although we were shocked at the quality of this hotel the highlights were the animation team. Dani and the crew work so damn hard to keep everyone happy!! They had a nice mixture of evening entertainment such as quiz nights, games, live music and good old karaoke. Being a couple in our late 20's / early 30's we never usually stay at the hotel in the evening but because of the heavy rain on some nights we stayed in and were pleasantly surprised by the lovely animation guys who were very personable, entertaining and funny!! They were all amazing!!! They are a real asset to this hotel and my only reason for giving this review any stars at all!! Without them this hotel would have absolutely no atmosphere!!

Overall me and my boyfriend had a nice holiday in tenerife, celebrating our birthday's because we chose to enjoy it regardless of the cons. The weather was inconsistent with both rain and sun but when the sun was out it was lovely... Highs of 24-25! Good location, close to the beach, restaurants, markets and shops.

Neither of us will be returning to Isla Bonita unless they have major refurbishment and earn their 4 stars!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
3 Thank Jordan C
Dear Jordan,
We would like to add that Isla Bonita has been refurbished during several occasions and recently 150 double rooms have been completely refurbished and renovated, offering an updated and elegant alternative to our customers. This option comes with a small extra charge and your Tour Operator should have informed you about this possible option, providing you with availability and price and avoiding any disappointment.
As far as your room we can assure you that episode like this are really out of Isla Bonita' policy and we are deeply sorry for what it occurred to you, anyway you should have informed our reception immediately to solve the issue.
Despite your discontent we hope to see you again at Isla Bonita.
Dukinfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We have been to this hotel five times and for the price paid we find it good.. We stayed in Room 224B (our 2nd time). There are three people in our party and the lounge is a bedroom. The main complaint we have is the standard of the bathroom, although clean it looks very shabby and in need of refurbishment. Even in the refurbished rooms the bathrooms are shabby looking.
The food is varied and good. The Dining Room was flooded on our last night after a violent thunderstorm, we did not expect any dinner that night but the staff were fantastic all working to clear the water and they did it - well done. No-one expected the downpour and as mentioned in other reports there were towels and buckets catching the water. Reading other reports it seems like a completely different hotel - what do people expect for the price - we are happy and have already booked for next year - Room 224B please. We do look in other hotels and the Four/Five Star we priced was about £370.00 per night. We find all the staff courteous friendly, in fact during our stay there was a single lady who had a drink problem which was handled sympathically by the staff (she had her own Security Guard). There was never a problem to other guests. Looking forward to next year. The Three Amigos from U.K.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eileen H
adonishotelsresorts, Director of Sales at LABRANDA Isla Bonita, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Eileen,
We thank you for your comment as feedback from our guests helps us to keep our services at the highest level possible and we appreciate your overall positive evaluation.
As you experienced during your stay our mission is providing our customers a "holiday home" experience with a cozy atmosphere and a friendly service (even during and after the huge storm that hit the south of the island!).
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I would describe this hotel as barely 3 star. The facilities are there, yes, but not
of a high standard. Definitely not 4 star. Our hearts sank when we got to the checking in desk as you could see the low quality of your surroundings
straight away. Compared to other 4 star hotels in the immediate area, Isla Bonita is left wanting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

2 Thank FemiH
Dear Madam/Sir,
First of all we would like to comment that a large part of our customers come back to stay again at Isla Bonita and this speaks for itself. Of course nearby you can find a lot of more posh/luxury 4 stars hotels but what about the price? You get what you pay for as a lot of people wrote in their published reviews on this website. We are sorry to say that the hotel's 4 stars rating is not misleading at all; it's due to all the facilities and amenities of the hotel: 4 swimming pools (2 heated), animation acitivities, bar & restaurant, more tan 3.000sq. m. dedicated to children activities & fun.
We hope we might have cleared any possible doubt and hope nevertheless you might stay at our resort in future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Adeje
#52 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
Hotel Chatur Playa Real
Hotel Chatur Playa Real
#40 of 58 in Costa Adeje

Been to LABRANDA Isla Bonita? Share your experiences!