“Brilliant!”

Tagoro Family & Fun Costa Adeje
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the villa Tagora in August in a group of family and friends ranging from 5 - 58 yrs, including 3 teenagers. We stayed on an all a inclusive basis in a standard room. This was our 3rd visit to the hotel.

On checking in we were warmly welcomed by the fantastic reception staff. Our allocated rooms were 031, 032 and 033. Oh no the dungeon rooms!! I expressed my dismay to be told that these rooms are newly refurbished and we should like them but if not come back to reception to be moved. So with some trepidation we went to the rooms that are near the tennis courts. Down some steps we entered the lightest most modern corridor I've seen in a Spanish hotel! Swiped our way into the room which can only be described as stunning. Modern, clean, comfortable. In fact because we were in the lower ground floor rooms they were so lovely and cool even when outside temps were 40 +. A separate bedroom, lots of wardrobe space and hangers, sofa, decent sized tv on the wall with a good selection of channels (including sky sports) leads out to a delightful terrace area with a jacuzzi. This wasn't yet plumbed in (and we didn't pay for it) but I can imagine this being brilliant in the evenings with a glass or two of wine.

The food and drinks were of a good standard. It's very hard to feed that many people and actually they do it well. Selections included carvery gammon, Mexican night, Italian night, chinese night with fresh sushi and more. There was always something to eat including a snack bar around the pool during the day and popcorn in the evening. Drinks were equally good; large selection of soft drinks (including chocolate milk and slush puppies) and alcoholic ones.

I've not really got much to say about the sunbeds - I've never been to a hotel in august where there is an unlimited supply of sunbeds and I just see it as part of what you have to do. My husband went up to the pool with a coffee each morning at around 8 and had a good laugh with the other guests. No pushing or fights to be seen over the two weeks. The staff tell us they've got 150 beds on order but I'm not sure where they will fit around the pool; maybe around the little pool.

I've deliberately saved the best till last. The people at this hotel without doubt change it from an average/good hotel to an outstanding one! Reception staff are polite, friendly and helpful, as are the bar and restaurant staff. The maids and maintenance staff are efficient and friendly. The animation team, specifically Chiccio, Boyanna (Steve,Steve,steve,steve!!) Alex and Natalia made our holiday! They are enthusiastic, but not imposing. There was always something to do, and they managed to entertain both the 5 year old in our group and the 16 year old - no easy task! The party dances were hilarious and the entertainment in the evening was, although clearly on a limited budget, funny and entertaining. For the first time in years we left our holiday with a heavy heart and a sobbing daughter because we had all had such a fantastic time.

If you are thinking about booking the villa Tagora, I say do it! You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank Sazzy1980

Reviewed August 22, 2014

One of our best holidays, thanks to........
* Amazingly helpful, thorough and friendly staff (all areas...kitchen, waiting, reception, cleaning/technical).
* Beautifully maintained communal and private areas.
* Lovely suite / balcony (we had superior deluxe).
* Great quality and variety of food (dinner was themed nightly), and both waiting and kitchen staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable; therefore able to cater for our food allergies amazingly well.
* Lovely main pool - which is carefully managed by a pool attendant.
* Great daytime and evening entertainment provided by the animation team. Boyanna, Chicio and Alex really stand out as passionate about their jobs, energetic and really put their all into it!
* An atmosphere which promoted friendliness amongst guests (all nationalities), resulting in lots of different acquaintances, a few real holiday friends, and adding to the fun on the holiday!
* Great variety of drinks and a generous drinks policy.
* Sufficient alternatives to fixed meal times at the snack bar.
* Two Waterparks in close proximity (Siam and Aqualand).
* 15 minute walk to the beach.

Despite the less positive elements listed below (which in our opinion are just elements which need tweaking), we would not hesitate to visit again, and would easily recommend this hotel. Whilst the physical environment is lovely and is not easily faulted, it is certainly the staff that makes the Villa Tagoro the great place it is. We did visit the beach, a few shops and Siam Waterpark (3x), but other than that we were so content with what the hotel had to offer we did not feel the need to venture out (quite unusual for us) and so even brought home spending money!!!

Less positive points....
* Insufficient sunbeds for the number of guests. Some guests form queues at 7.30am to ensure sunbeds are reserved when they are unlocked at about 8.30am. However, the hotel was working to resolve this at the time of our visit, trying to obtain more beds, working to prevent people taking several beds only to leave their towel on them most of the day, and storing some in other areas to release later. I only bothered going to queue early twice, and still managed to get 2 beds on every day I wanted them.
* Kids club (Mini Club) - my children only went once for an 1 hour, (for which I was present for the second 1/2 hour), and whilst there was a specific activity arranged, it lacked a ‘fun’ atmosphere, limited English spoken to the English children by the young lady working and the ratio seemed quite high. Whilst my children (age 7 and 5) seemed OK with the club and made a few more friends whilst there, they did not ask to go back.
* The air-conditioning in our room was not as effective as we may have liked during the night, but there was a ceiling fan in the bedroom which was very effective, and the temperature was very high.
* Courtesy room on departure date rather basic, and shower performed poorly.

Room Tip: The superior deluxe rooms have an amazing balcony with Jacuzzi!
1  Thank S303555
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Just got back form Dream Villa Trgoro and it was very good, all staff happy to help very clean and tidy. 15 min walk to the beach. if your with a young family this is the place for you,
down side: ppl grabbing sun beds and umbrellas early in the morning and not using them till 3hrs later if at all. the entertainment at night is a bit weak with only the staff doing it, walk to the beach there is loads on there.
all in all if i was the sort of person to go back to a place twice i would defo head back here.
9/10

1  Thank Jon8453
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Our holiday Sunday 10 till 20 August -10 nights. We loved our holiday and so did our children. The reception staff are lovely and helpful. We had a superior deluxe room and it was a good size and cleaned every day. Big size balcony too. Very modern and can't fault the room. The all inclusive was lovely and they did vary the food. One night Chinese, one night Mexican and even sushi. My sons loved the chocolate fountain too. Yes there is a problem with sun beds but it isn't a war. My partner went down between 730 and 8 and always got sun beds and it was always very civilised. All nationalities took part in this. We had friends staying in another hotel in Tenerife and identical procedure for sun beds was taking place.

If anyone researches the hotel you will see where it is. It is at the top of a hill but we didn't mind the 8 minute walk into the lovely town and beach. My sons are 7, 9 and 12 and no one complained. Good exercise especially after eating the all inclusive.

Great holiday and really enjoyed it.

11  Thank Jane T
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Just returned from a 10 day holiday at dream villa tagoro,(however was nothing short of nightmare rather than dream) check in was easy and the staff very friendly and helpful, the food was fine very typical all inclusive there was always something for a good meal we were never left hungry and my hubby is quite a fussy eater. The girls who cleaned the rooms were very friendly and helpful, unfortunately thats about where the good stuff ends,
We were booked into a superior room which was anything but the whirlpool bath was very old dirty looking and tatty the whole room was shabby far from “superior” Air conditioning is non existent, as it was so hot of a night we had a disturbed sleep every night it didn’t help that the beds were uncomfortable, they were rock hard, our son was on a sofa bed in the living area i even had to ask for another mattress to go on top of the one already there as he was waking up with backache. We were expecting English tv with sky sports however there were 2 true movie channels with very poor picture and CNN.
The sun bed situation is a total nightmare if you weren’t up at 7am there is no way you are sunbathing at the pool unless of course you ask one of the attendants at the pool he will return with sun beds as if by magic, you did have to be Spanish for this though!! As we didn’t hang out by the pool ( we are supposed to be on holiday and we are up every morning at 6 for work so didn’t need the stress of a sun bed fight every morning) therefore our son didn’t get the chance to take part in any of the arranged activities or have chance to meet many other people which was such a shame as he spent alot of the holiday inside the room bored watching CNN ( not great for a 13 year old on holiday) although I appreciate our son staying in the room watching CNN on TV is not directly the hotels fault if there were more sun beds or towels removed from the sun beds people were reserving and not using most of the day it could have been such a different experience for us. As we were spending so much time on the balcony I did demand a parasol as there was no shade at all on the balcony and without one we would have been sat in the room, I was given one after causing a fuss!!There is a pool at the back of the complex which we found one day very easy to get a sunbed but we were put off that idea very quickly by the Spanish couple who appeared from the gents toilet together and she came out topless ( draw your own conclusion) They then proceeded to fondle each other (being polite) with him having his hand down her bikini bottom, this went on for at least 5 minutes before i confronted them !!! This part of the pool does have security cameras but nothing was done about it, still nothing after i had reported the situation to reception, to say we were disgusted is an understatement.
If you are on a late dinner sitting you will also find it very difficult to get a seat for the evening entertainment, as there were not enough chairs, these were also reserved by people before going for meals, often our family could not eat together as we would go in relays so we would have a seat in the evening,
The evening entertainment by the staff was very inappropriate for small children to see, the male staff were mimicking to play musical instruments on the female staffs body pretending to play the guitar with the girls lay across their knee strumming their down below as a guitar and using their breasts to honk a horn is not my idea of entertainment in front of children, neither was the male staff pretending to play the piano with a part of their anatomy while their hands are on their head and their trousers and underpants around their ankles (will leave that one to your imagination) The entertainment which wasn’t provided by the staff but by outside entertainers was quite good but this was only on 4 of the 10 nights we stayed.
Location is not great as coming back from anywhere is all uphill so beware if you have walking difficulties, a walk to the beach is about 20 mins, there are a few good bars about a 10 minute walk away.
I have never felt the need to write a bad review about any holiday we have had as the good generally outweighs any problems but i wouldn’t want anyone else to ruin their holiday, as in a review left by another holidaymaker ... if you have the chance to cancel do it now, you have been warned !!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel !! apparently the refurbished rooms are quite nice but cant say for sure
7  Thank DianeJudge12
DreamplaceHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Tagoro Family & Fun Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear DianeJudge12,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we constantly try to learn from this and satisfy our guests.

The hotel is under refurbishment and new equipment is being acquired. New baths and air conditioner machines are part of this new equipment.

Regarding our entertainment team, they always do their best as you can check in other guests’ comments but we are really sorry that your child did not take part and our team was not able to improve your holidays. We would like to share that the entertainment after 21:15 is for adults as indicated in the animation panel.

During your stay we identified the couple you talk about and the hotel management talked directly to them. As you say, and we agree, these behaviours are not appropriate. The kind of situation you describe is not allowed at all in our hotel and once we detect it the clients have to finish their holidays with us.

Although right now it is solved, we have to recognize that we have had problems with the TV system. We do apologise if you and your family have been affected. However, now we are sure it will not happen again as the TV system has been replaced by a new one, which is higher quality.

We hope you give us another opportunity in the future and will be able to see that we are trying to improve every day. We always have our guests in mind, and you are our first priority.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was our 6th time at this hotel and our last :-( last year I gave this hotel 5 stars last year this year only 3.
The sunbed situation was a complete joke this really is not down to the management of the hotel but the clientele that decided to attend this hotel this year.
Usually the hotel is full of different nationalities all getting along but this year it was full of large British families making it in to Butlins rather than the 4star hotel it used to be.
I was physically removed out the way by a British man getting a sunbed and he bashed a sunbed into my mum and was aggressive to her - we are mild mannered people not used to this behaviour!!!!
I have always loved this hotel but the British made it an embarrassment by their loutish behaviour - loud, obnoxious beer swilling, rude, with unruly children - this really upset us as we are used to lovely British people who look after there children and know how to behave.
We went out every day and night to get away as we were so traumatised trying to get sunbeds we went to the fabulous beaches instead.
The food had gone downhill most of it was lukewarm and ran out as very busy.
Do not get me wrong we have had a fabulous holiday, the rooms are amazing, very clean, bar staff, cleaners, pool is amazing, receptionists and management are amazing it was purely the customers that were at fault. The sunbed situation has got to be sorted.
Javier always treats our family like royalty and understood our complaints but he cannot stop who comes to the hotel - I just think if loutish people stay there security is needed to stop children and adults running riot and bullying people.
I was particularly annoyed that one large group took 26 sun beds one day and the children hardly used their beds- totally selfish!!!!
Love Tenerife plenty to do, great beaches and water sports and water parks but will look at staying at a different hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Orangatanga
DreamplaceHotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tagoro Family & Fun Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Mrs. Orangatanga,

Many thanks for leaving one more opinion in our hotel profile. Thanks also for your comprehension.

You have explained your experience in a really polite way and we very much appreciate all tripadvisor comments

I would like to let you know that we are working to solve this difficult situation and we are making sure that our guests agree to and accept our good behaviour standards.

We hope you give us a second chance.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks starting the 1st of August and had a great time. The staff are friendly and couldn't be more helpful, the rooms are clean and tidy and the food is good. Only serious problem I have encountered on my stay here is the sun bed situation or 'the sun bed wars'- on my holiday's I don't expect to get up at 7.30am just to get 4 sun beds for my family and I. This situation got so bad that people started to refer to it as a war, if you weren't around the pool by 7.30am at the latest you had no chance of getting a bed. People started to mark their territory by placing towels by the poolside at around 7am, other people placed plastic chairs around the locked beds and sat on them so that they could secure a bed. It almost became a running joke as I saw people charging at beds doing indian calls & others declaring war as the sun beds were unlocked at around 8.30am. My neighbour even said to me at 12pm 'see you in 4 hours for the sun bed wars'

However this aside this we had a great time, the animation team were excellent and tried to get everyone involved, aqua aerobics is brilliant and is a must to join in! Entertainment at night was average with some good shows such as the parrot and snake show. Food was good, plenty of choice for all meals and loved the chocolate fountain at night !

Overall verdict: Good hotel but I wouldn't say this hotel was a 4* more like a top 3* but great holiday if you don't mind putting your war paint on and heading to the pool for 7.30am.

Room Tip: Go for a poolside view so you can have a better view of the sun bed territory !!
5  Thank 680Laura