“Improvements needed!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Improvements needed!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Returned home 10th sep after a 2 week stay here, on arrival the 2 ladies on reception were fantastic, checked us in quickly and informed us of all the amenities within and outside the hotel, then we had to wait an hour for room to be ready which wasn't such a problem as could go and get drinks,
ROOMS very dated and really do need updating, I know this hotel is going through refurbishing the rooms but find it a little unfair that guests who have paid less than us are placed in a newly refurbished room, could of upgraded but why should we when we have paid a small fortune to get here, could not fault the maid service though, they were fantastic and did there very best our dated room was always clean with fresh towels daily.
FOOD like most all inclusives if your staying for 2 weeks the food will get repetitive, breakfast was great ( English sausage every
morning would of made it better ) the early morning staff were great! We hardly used the restaurant for lunch maybe just for ice cream, although we did use the snack bar but this did get repetitive every day burgers hot dogs onion rings and fries would of been good to maybe have pizza somedays ( am I getting picky now ) we opted for the earlier dining time in the evening and although most nights there was something you could have myself and my 3 kids don't eat fish so this was a bit of a problem most nights as fish was obviously the main dish every evening, we lived on chips rice and chicken nuggets, cakes and ice cream were good, cheese and crackers were coming out of my ears I ate that much! More chicken breast, roast beef, roast pork!!!
STAFF were hard working and friendly Rayco deserves a mention as always smiling and very pleasant along with the 2 girls on reception the one girl who I didn't get her name but I think was training was very helpful well done! Also the young guy on reception the one who teaches languages was an asset, the other guy who im presuming is some kind of manager was not so friendly and was quite abrupt the 2 times we spoke to him, Bar staff were efficient and got rid of queues quickly so never waited long for a drink although the lager was not worth waiting for really, after drinking 10 pints of it we ended up walking to the super market most nights to get cans of beer, 2 nights I was merry and those were the nights we went out of the hotel, that tells me something! Have a look at the alcohol content in your beer Tagora!
SUNBEDS ha ha ha comical to watch really although there are enough there's just no where to put them unless your up at half seven to reserve your spot with a chair, don't see the point in locking sunbeds up as people just use chairs anyway so defeats the object! There's a mad rush at 9 when the sunbeds are unlocked ha ha ha mad! Henry the guy whose round all day was great he helped us most days finding spots to place our beds nothing was to much trouble for him!
SIAM PARK is a must I'm not normally a great fan of waterparks but I tried most rides even the Dragon and had a blast! Not to expensive inside for food and drinks and kids had a fantastic day!
ENTERTAINMENT was good maybe more shows like the hypnotist evening, daytime entertainment was good they never stopped always something to get involved in if you like that kind of thing but never pushy if you just wanted to relax, we'll done to them!
All in all had a great holiday but think the company we were with made it, we always holiday all inclusive and I wouldn't say it was the best but certainly not the worst, we made the best of what we had and got on with it, if I visit Tenerife again I would expect a little more if staying in Dream Villa Tagora I.e rooms, sunbed situation, beer!!!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hi, today I back with my family from Villa Tagoro. This was amazing 7 days on Tenerife.
Very good food, nice room and amazing staff. Everybody was always small and helpur.
I am sure that next year we back there. I had room 211... nice, quaiet and sunny.
Villa Tagoror Thank You for amazing time !!!
Monika Zuzanna and Roman

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank M0nika78
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hi Readers,

I got back last night with my girlfriend after a 10 night stay and was really disappointed with the standards of the hotel and facilities. Me and my partner have stayed there a combined 5 times because we found the hotel good value for money in a great location.
Our first problem was the air conditioning - Now I can only describe like an asthmatic blowing through a straw. I spoke to reception about it on several different occasions and nothing was being done. Finally after speaking with staff members "Joanna" and "Rafael along with another member of staff was a maintenance man finally sent down 5 hours after the initial complain. Staff had been assuring me it was a priority to help me but their slow shoddy actions didn't back it up.
Finally the guy comes with only 1 screwdriver. Not a toolbox or anything like you would expect. He takes a look at the air conditioning for a few minutes and tells me to shut the door for us to feel the AC. The reason I had the door open was because the AC was so poor. Anyway, the guy mutters a word or two and then simply walks out and leaves the door open. I had presumed he had gone to fetch a tool-box but he never returned and left us waiting for him.

I then phoned reception and visited 2 more times before they finally said they would move us into another room 2 days later. We then moved into another room with a better view at the back and a bigger balcony. The AC was marginally better and I then formed the opinion of that the hotel isn't as good as it used to be.
Moving on
Food was seriously poor - Now I understand it is important for them to buy the most they can for as little as possible but the food quality was not up to scratch. Would of loved to have tasted better quality even if it meant paying a little more.
Staff - Aside from reception the staff are excellent. I cannot give enough praise to the cleaners, waiters, animation team and bar staff. They are doing the job for peanuts and are undervalued in my opinion. I think anyone would find it hard to knock the staff in Tagoro.

Some of the rooms are being upgraded at the moment as I'm aware. I stayed in a basic standard room and it is in need of a few touches to make it more appealing. Tv's and couches and very dated.

Getting a sunbed/lounger is a nightmare I found, seems like in any hotel you have to put a towel on one at 7am and this one is no different.

Overall after being 2 loyal customers me and my partner were both let down in our all inclusive stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just got back from 10 days here with my boyfriend and we were not impressed. The rooms are very basic and badly decorated. We were given a key for our room which had a giant keyring on, and walking around we noticed some people had key cards and then noticed some people had really nice rooms! so don't know how a 4 star hotel can have nicer rooms than others. We had to complain on the first day as we had lots of bugs in our room, small black bugs by the sink in the bathroom and loads of small white bugs everywhere, when we went to complain the man on reception was very sarcastic and said "you have some problems?? What in this hotel?" However they did sort the problem out straight away. The hotel was very busy and in order to get a sunbed you had to get up early, and some people staying at the hotel would put plastic chairs where they wanted there sunbeds so you couldn't ever go near the pool. Food was very basic, they had themes every night but nothing great, chicken would often been undercooked, there were waiters but there was no interaction what's so ever, they just came to clear your plates away. The beach was about a 20 minute walk down hill however walking back was very hard as it was all uphill, and had to cross very busy roads! On our last day you could pay €40 for a later checkout as checkout was at 12, i pick up wasn't until half 4 so we went to pay for the later check out and was told it wasn't possible as they were fully booked up, so we had 4 and a half hours to do nothing!! We wouldn't ever chose to stay at this hotel again, we did stay at the dream hotel in Lanzarote which was amazing so very disappointed in this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recommend people should read every review because the food is really poor, the choice is not good and quality of food is absolutely discusting, the staff are great and they try and make everyone happy, but we have been all inclusive to many other resorts and the staff always ate in the restaurants, you couldn't even see any of the staff nibbling on any type of food, that says everything, as regards to the sunbed issue there maybe plenty of sunbed s but the trouble is the pool area is just not large enough to fit them all in,the room we had was ok but air con never worked but as with all big hotels aircon needs to be individual units to every apartment to get the best results, getting back to the food we found a Thai restaurant 100 meters up the road also a pizza take away, both reasonably priced, on the day of checkout reception cut off your all inclusive bands at 11am when you check out your room, this to me is not fair as we was on a night flight, the free wifi in the reception area never worked but surprisingly enough the wifi you pay for worked, this is never a 4 star hotel in our opinion its not even a 3 star, if this was the last place on earth left to book a holiday I would never book again, in fact if the hotel offered me a free holiday even with flights included I would refuse it

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank beverleytiger
Pontefract, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We came here in august, not been all inclusive before. First impressions were great, nice friendly staff at reception. The only thing I would say is that for disabled people such as my wife, who is in a wheelchair, the access is a little bit limited. we had to go all the way round to get from reception to the dining hall. The rooms were all nice and cleaned and nice and spacious. All the cleaners and maintenance staff were very friendly, they always said hello with a smile. The food was good, a little bit repetitive, but still very nice. A good choice for breakfast for everybody. The beach was 15-20 minutes walk away (good job it was all downhill), and the price of a taxi cost us between 3-4 euros to get back. The drivers were very good with my wifes wheelchair. The shops down on the beach were ok, nice and cheap. Not being a very big drinker, we didn't drink that much alcohol, but what we did drink was fine. A drink for everyone. The kids loved the fact they could have as many drinks as they liked. The entertainment throughout the day was good, all the staff doing this were very nice. I cannot fault the entertainment and the staff at all. We had a brilliant stay, and would definitely come here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

booked this resort for our anniversary in January,
fantastic location and food variety each day was spot on with plenty of choice for my wife who is vegetarian ,with drinks available all day and snacks around the pool area and something going on each night for entertainment ,front desk very helpful in giving directions as we hired a car to have a good look around the island
place was very clean,and rooms were a little dated but spacious ,cars have to be parked on the road, the beach is only around a ten Minuit walk.
only thing i always complain about is its always single beds so if you want to sleep together you have to put them together and share the covers ,never understood this with the Europeans
hotels its the same all over
overall it was great value and i don't have any problem going again if i was to go to tenerife again

Room Tip: its a good idea to hire a car as its a long way from airport and we found that the transfers cost th...