“It has to be h10”
Review of H10 Gran Tinerfe

H10 Gran Tinerfe
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed 4th - 18th May 2012. Great hotel, on the beach, good dining, indoors or on the terrace, pleasant staff , good rooms. clean , well maintained, and great views, if you book a 'sea view'. We were on the 7th floor, requested a 'high floor' when we booked and also e'mailed our request just before we travelled; we could have had floor 9 if we were prepared to wait a short time as a room had just been vacated, but chose to accept floor 7 as Maria was able to accomodate us immediately' the views were superb. We even watched a wedding one Saturday evening from our balcony, as a couple married right below us on the 'chill out' terrace, quite memorable! The pools are great,clean and well attended.Staff are most accomodating. Fault finding comes easy to some people, we could find none, and are intending to return this September to enjoy another relaxing holiday in 'h10 Gran Tinerfe'

Room Tip: Choose High Floor, Sea View
3  Thank devonmillie

Dear guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing H10 Gran Tinerfe to enjoy your holidays, as well as taking your time to comment on Trip Advisor.

Yours comments are greatly appreciated. We are very pleased to hear that everything at the hotel was to your satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

H10 Gran Tinerfe Management team.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,039)

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed here in March 2012, excellent facilities and good central location for all attractions right on the sea front for those loving beach life

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking part of your valuable time to give us your impressions on Trip Advisor about your holidays in H10 Gran Tinerfe, we look forward to having you again with us.

Best regards,

H10 Gran Tinerfe Management Team.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

What can i say about this hotel, its fantastic value for money and what amazing views you get, we are defiently returning next year,A visit to chill out bar as you walk through reception is a must to watch the sunset. Belise beds are the most romantic....

Room Tip: Ask to be on any level with room ending in 26 i.e 126-1126
5  Thank lannyreid

Dear guest,

We are very pleased to have been able to fulfill all of your expectations and to know that everything at the hotel was to your satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards,

H10 Gran Tinerfe Management team.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We have just arrived home from Gran Tinerfe Hotel, the location of this Hotel is probably one of the best as there is direct access to the beach from the Hotel, we had fabulous views of the sea (which we paid extra for), but believe me it was worth it.
Overall the Thompson staff were very helpful, and the four trips that we went on were very good value for money.
I would return to this Hotel, I feel we have had a very relaxing and peaceful holiday.
Only critisism was that this should have been an adult only holiday, there were two boys at the Hotel during the second week of our stay, they were definately not 16 years old, and were a nuisance at the pool side, wonder what went wrong with the checking of their passports?
If you pay for a couples or adult only holiday, this is what you expect surely!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view.
4  Thank Southwinds411

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for posting your comment on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to hear that you had a relaxing and peaceful holiday and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay here, at H10 Gran Tinerfe.

Yours sincerely,

H10 Gran Tinerfe Mangement Team.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

The hotel is excellent in all respects. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. My only complaint was with regards to the room as on arrival, I was allocated a room on the lower ground floor (a bungalow, they called it) even though I had booked a superior room with a balcony online. There was no balcony, but a separate room with a large window which looked out onto the beech. It was fine but gave absolutely no privacy. Be wary of this when you book!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Avoid the bungalows - the rooms are larger but dark and lack privac...
3  Thank freq_traveller638
H10GranTinerfe, Manager at H10 Gran Tinerfe, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear guest,

We are pleased to welcome you and also thank you for choosing our hotel H10 Gran Tinerfe to enjoy your holidays besides we also want to express our thanks for your comments on tripadvisor.

Our goal is to make our guest feel at home during their stay, and in order to reach it, we are aware of the importance of quality and good service.

We send a warm and friendly greeting.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I'm a man who loves a good moan. I'm the sort of guy who pays attention to detail, I find it easy to pick faults with things and I always seem to have something to complain about.

The H10 Gran Tinerfe was perfect! I found it hard to believe myself, I looked around and tried to fault the hotel, I couldn't. The hotel is sharp, crisp, clean and modern.

First of all I would like to mention how brilliant the Thomson team made the whole experience a pleasant and easy one. They do all the leg work for you. It was mine and my girlfriend's first holiday together and they say 'it'll either make you or break you", Thomson pretty much made the it so it was impossible to get stressed out and take it out on each other. We flew from Manchester, the check in one done in about 10 minutes flat, did all the other check and what not and within maybe half an hour to 45 minutes we were sat having a coffee waiting for our flight. Never have I known a trip to be so straight forward and easy. No stress and no fuss. I was very happy with how things were done at the airport.

Anyway back to the important stuff...

We arrived at the H10 Tuesday evening (June 5th) at about 9pm after a nice 25 minute coach journey from the airport, courtesy of Thomson. We were greeted by very friendly staff all with smiles ear to ear, polite and well mannered. We were given complimentary champagne while we waiting to be checked in. I liked the champagne, my girlfriend, not so much, so I drank her's too.

Once checked in we went up to our room (819) and did the usual thing that everyone does when entering a new hotel room for the first time. We did a quick spot check, nothing. Perfectly clean, tidy and nice and cool from the air conditioning. Again, the room had a crisp modern feel to it. Nice lighting, a good sized flat screen on the wall. The bathroom was just as nice. It was so clean it had that sort of clinical feel to it. You knew that coming out of there you'd for sure feel fresh and squeaky clean. We requested a sea view room and I'm so glad we did, the views are picturesque, the sound of the waves and the crickets chirping gives it a tranquil feel and the warm sea breeze finishes that 'I'm on holiday' feeling you long for when booking a holiday. Safe to say, I was very happy.

We quickly got changed into some more appropriate holiday attire as it was 24 degrees and nearly 10pm and we decided to go and see what was within a good walking distance of the hotel. We ended up turning right as you come out of the hotel entrance which leads you down the Veronica Strip which we were unaware was the clubbing area. All I wanted was a cold, refreshing, non alcoholic beverage but every club rep wanted to top the non alcoholic beverage up with vodka. Now it's to be expected from places like that and they are only doing there jobs but after 3 times of being asked "alright mate, fancy a lethal concoction of alcohol tonight?" by every club hustler going, it gets a bit irritating. We quickly changed the name from 'Veronica Strip' to 'Hustle Avenue' and avoided that area at night like the plague for the rest of the holiday as we weren't there for a massive week long party, we were there to just chill out and not worry about having to go to work. So a bit of advice, if you don't want to be surrounded by testosterone riddled, ego tripping, steroid abusing, tribal tattooed tools, avoid this area at night time. BUT at the end of the day, that place is nothing to do with the hotel and is a good 15 minute walk away so you're guaranteed a nice quiet sleep.

Anyway, we got back to our room and got straight into bed and they have pillows to suit every one's taste all on one bed. They have long ones, soft ones, medium softness and if what you like isn't there, reception will sort out one to fit you needs. The bed was pretty big, like two double beds together, not that I mind as I do like to spread out a bit. The mattress was comfy, the bedding was nice a thin so you didn't sweat to death. It was a nice bed to sleep in and for the first time in ages I didn't wake up with back ache!

Morning came and we went downstairs for our breakfast and we were greeted by some fresh friendly faces and were seated at a table which was immaculately set. They had a huge variety of breakfast food, toast, fruit, cereal, croissants etc. They had a coffee machine which had loads of different types of coffee from standard coffee to lattes and espresso. They also had a juice machine with all types of juices. They had a variety of tea bags and they also had freshly made before your eyes smoothies which were really nice. Breakfast was served between 7 - 10 so it didn't matter if you're an early bird or you like to have a lie in. They kept topping up the food so you never missed out on anything.

The first day we decided to sunbathe on the beach which is literally just at the back of the hotel. We lay on sun loungers for a good hour or so until some jobs worth came over and demanded €10 from us for using them which we weren't aware of so we sacked it off and chilled out on the hotel grounds for the rest of the day. The beach is a funny place, you get local vendors walking around selling fresh fruit and some others selling cold drinks and doughnuts. The guy selling fruit is very persuasive, he cuts up the fruit and hands it to you before you've even said you wanted it but he does have a very catchy song he sings to entice your interest. Something along the lines of "melon melon melon, coconut. watermelon watermelon watermelon, 'anana!" in a spanish accent. I was actually singing it all day, every day.

Now sunbathing on the hotel grounds is a good choice as you have plenty of different areas to choose from. You have the main pool area which is the more busy bit, which we didn't use, there's the 'heated' pool area which is much quieter but doesn't see much sun till gone noon. There is about 6 double bed sized chill out beds which over look the sea but aren't really for sunbathing and there are also some cocoon style bed things which we very comfy but didn't become free often as they were probably the best ones to sunbathe on. My girlfriend and I chose the hidden gem of areas most days, which was on the roof of gym next to the 'heated' pool. There were about maybe a dozen sun loungers up there, you're out of view of everyone else, it's quiet and the best part is you see all of the sun all day from sun rise to sun set. I don't think a lot of people were aware it was there.

Dinner was run exactly the same way as breakfast, just with different food. Each night they had a theme from, chinese, to italian and so on. They also had standard stuff which they served every night, like soup, chips the usual stuff. Both my girlfriend and I are vegetarians and there was always choices for us... well my girlfriend anyway. I'm a bit fussy about food so I just ate ice cream every night. I do prefer to eat out at other places and I found the best places to eat out were the Aberdeen Stake House which is located literally a minute away from the hotel. Just go left from the entrance of the hotel and it's there on the corner. They did a really nice veggie burger, home made onions rings, salad and pizza. Not bad for a place that bases it's self on it's meat. Also another nice place to eat was a restaurant called Wolfi which was maybe a 5 minute walk away from the hotel if you go right at the back of the hotel and follow the path along the sea front. They had a bright orange Jägermeister A-board sign outside with the days specials on so you can't really miss it. For those people who like to stick to what they know when eating out, they do have a McDonalds, a Burger King and a Subway. McDonalds didn't have everything they normally do on the menu and didn't do milkshakes but they did do a really nice oreo McFlurry! Subway was better than any I'd had in the UK. The veg just seemed a lot fresher and nicer and they did veggie patty which was a god send!

So back to the hotel. The staff there speak very good english which helps a hell of a lot. The reception staff work really hard, long shifts but always seem keen and happy. The staff that stood out the most for me though were the catering staff. Every day from 7am to 11pm they worked solidly! Not once did any of them not have a smile on their faces, never did they seem like they couldn't be bothered, they were always polite, they never stopped moving and rushing about and for the whole week we had the same staff all day, every day so you get to know their faces. They do work the hardest I've ever seen anyone work before. You can leave them tips so if you appreciate how hard they work then I'm sure they'd be grateful of any tip. The maids also work really hard. Everyday we'd have a freshly made bed, fresh towels, clean floor and an organised room. They even sorted out and packed away a deck of cards I had left of the bedside table. They're very trust worthy. You can get a safe key for the week for I think €15 but we didn't bother.

There's a lot of things you can do around Tenerife and the Thomson people organise day trips and things you can attend. The coolest one we wanted to do was go in a submarine and it would only cost €50 each. BUT, we didn't get round to doing it which I'm kicking myself about now. Thomson have their own little reception bit with leaflets and info with things you can do so if you're looking for a holiday that isn't just being lazy then I'd recommend checking that bit out.

The weather each day was around 27 degrees sometimes higher, sometime a little lower but it averaged at around 27. The mornings seemed to be a bit cloudy most days but the cloud soon cleared up by about 12ish. When the cloud has gone you certainly feel the heat and it is really easy to burn so I was using factor 50 all week. I found that it got hotter in the afternoon at about 2 o'clock. So I'd do some walking and exploring during the morning while it was cooler and cloudy and then leave the sunbathing to the afternoon when it really heated up.

The hotel has wifi for those who can't live without facebook. You can only get it in the hotel lobby so you do have to sit in there and use it but it is comfy and relaxing and cool so it's no big deal. You ask at the reception desk for a code, they ask your room number and you sign your name in a book and they'll give you a paper slip with a code and you just tap it into the webpage when you open your browser. The code lasts 24 hours so you will have to do it all again the same time the next day, but it's really no hassle and it's free.

I found that going out for some alcoholic drinks was a slight bit cheaper than staying in the hotel and drinking but still the hotel is reasonable if you don't want to wonder out. The hotel make a tab for you so you can get as many drinks as you want during the week and then you pay as you check out so just be careful to keep on top of what you've had because you don't want to get a nasty shock on your last day. There are so many bars to drink at out of the hotel so it's hard to suggest one but the Aberdeen Stake House did good value drinks and also do good food and the staff are really friendly too so we mostly just went for drinks there.

The best part about the holiday was the fact that it was a couples hotel so it meant NO SCREAMING KIDS! The age range was from about 20-25 in young adults and then 50-70 in the older people. There weren't any in-between because obviously that age group have families and kids and what not. It does make the whole trip a lot more relaxing. Knowing that everyone in the hotel is there just to spend quality time with each other.

Our last day we had to check out by 12 and we weren't being picked up for the airport till 6 so the hotel kindly offered a courtesy room for 30 minutes, free of charge, at a time slot of our choice so we could get showered, freshen up and get our stuff together ready for the airport. They also have a storage room to keep your suitcases in during the day so you can go wonder about and come back to it when it's time to go. The room is secure and guarded by a security guy so you can rest assure that your belongings will be safe.

I think I've pretty much covered everything and all I can really say is that my stay at the H10 Gran Tinerfe was pleasant, relaxing, easy and most of all it was the perfect first holiday with my girlfriend.

For those who are wondering if it made us or broke us...

It broke us...

JOKE! We couldn't be happier and we're already planning our next trip!

A huge thanks to the Thomson team and the H10 staff. I would highly recommend using them to anyone.

Go and stay at this hotel, you'd be an fool not to!

Room Tip: Get a high floor sea view room.
14  Thank Martin F

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to post such an extensive and good comment on www.tripadvisor.com.

We are very please to hear that you enjoyed your time at H10 Gran Tinerfe and that we reached your expectations without flaws.

We believe that excellence can only be reached by quality and passion, and thanks to people like you, we are able to refresh that passion and improve every day.

We will be delighted to tell our staff all your positive comments, and we hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed June 12, 2012

we made our 10th visit to this hotel in May and were very pleasantly surprised.
In 2011 we stayed at the hotel on the first two weeks of its launch as a Thomson couples hotel, and our experience was not very good.However we decided to try again a year later and are pleased to report that the initial problems have been resolved and this is indeed a top hotel once more.
The food has improved to a very very high standard, the cleanliness of all areas cannot be faulted, and even the visiting entertainers have improved. The hotel continue each year to upgrade and refurbish public areas with only small amounts still to do.
The resident musicians and entertainment staff are of quite a low standard, however many guests like to venture out in the evenings.Guessing how many peas are in a jam jar is not exactly top flight entertainment
A sp-ecial mention for Maria in guest relations who as always does a brilliant job year in year out. All the staff are smart, pleasant and very good at their jobs.
Well done H10 we look forward to our next visit in May next year.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
2  Thank johnandsuemanchester
H10GranTinerfe, Manager at H10 Gran Tinerfe, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear guest,

From our staff of the h10 Gran Tinerfe hotel want to thank you for putting your thoughts and comments on www.tripadvisor.com.

We are pleased to have you among our customers because people like you who trust in our service and our team is how we can overcome and achieve excellence.

Furthermore we are delighted to lay on you the confidence to be your favorite hotel.

We will pass you nice mention to Maria.

Hoping see you soon receive a warm greeting,