“Good Hotel & Staff”

H10 Costa Adeje Palace
Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice hotel, lovely staff, good pool & pool area. Evening meal is in 2 shifts that you set on first arrival. The breakfast is open to all. Food choice is very good at both times with plenty of choice. Patio area outside the bar is spoilt by the smokers. Short walk to the sea front @ then other areas.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard B
tenrife60, Community Manager at H10 Costa Adeje Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Richard,

I truly appreciate your valuable feedback and sincerely thank you for taking the time to share it with us.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to H10 Costa Adeje Palace upon your next trip to Tenerife.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and overall, I enjoyed my stay. The hotel is large, with a predominantly good choice of buffet food in the restaurant. My friend and I were celebrating a big birthday and had booked our holiday through Thomas Cook. We had asked for two single rooms next to each other, but to our surprise, and great delight, we found we were given two double rooms that each had a balcony. Our views were of the grey coloured beach, and the traveller site but this really didn't put us off as we spent so little time in our rooms. The majority of the staff we encountered at this hotel were lovely, friendly and couldn't do enough for you. However, a small minority let the rest of the team down. Examples were: trying to get the attention of the waiting staff during breakfast, to ask for tea or coffee, could be stressful and fraught, as sometimes they seemed to zone out customers entirely, leaving you feeling like you were asking for too much. One morning, my friend had to ask for coffee three times before it materialised. And for some reason, if you order tea, you have to go up and get your own milk from the tap next to the cereal bar. Yet if you order coffee, they provide you with a jug of milk! My favourite waiter was Rui, who is originally from The Algarve. His English was perfect and he's a credit to the hotel. Overall, the bar staff who worked next to the pool were very customer orientated. One plus point about this hotel is that if you decide to eat out for dinner, you can swap dinner for lunch that day, at no extra cost. I've read comments about people being stung for drinks. We didn't find that happened to us but what we did find on our last night left a very bitter taste in our mouths. We had lunch instead of dinner in the hotel restaurant on our last day, as we had decided to eat out at Jade Stone, which is a stone's throw from the hotel reception (would recommend this restaurant as the steaks were fab). We ordered a bottle of water to share over lunch. Now, some of the restaurant reception staff don't feel it necessary to communicate about how their procedures work, so when they asked us how we were going to pay, we said cash. We actually thought "pay for what as we're on a half board basis" but didn't think twice about it. After lunch and three attempts to pay our outstanding bill during our stay i.e. all the drinks we had consumed during our week's brea, we paid our final bill at Reception. Or so we thought... We had an early pick-up the following morning - at 4.15 am - so we decided to try to get an early night. Not if Reception had anything to do with it! I received a telephone call at approximately 9.10 pm that evening from Reception advising me that I had an outstanding bill to pay. I explained that I was trying to get an early night because of my early pick-up time and that I thought I had paid the bill earlier that day. However, I would be more than happy to pay the bill upon checking out of the hotel. I was informed by the Receptionist that they could could not accept payment, that I would have to pay before I checked out as I had to pay at the restaurant reception desk and that they would not be open at 4.15 am. Also, even more annoying was that the Receptionist couldn't tell me how much I had to pay! You can imagine our fury when we both got dressed, made our way down to the restaurant reception desk which was on the Ground Floor (I was on the 4th floor) to find that all the excitement was over 2.40 Euros - for the godforsaken bottle of water we had shared at lunch!! Why did it take the restaurant so long to put this on the final bill that I thought I'd paid for earlier that day?! The hotel needs to seriously tighten up on their systems' procedures. Despite this final negative event, I would consider staying at this hotel again. The staff made our stay better, the rooms were spotless (thanks to the maid who looked after room 409 during the first week in September), although the entertainment leaves a lot to be desired and the cheesy techno music that is played throughout the day, plus the entertainment reps shouting into the microphones probably doesn't appeal to the British contingent. It certainly didn't appeal us to, nor did the cheesy dance routines that all the other nationalities seemed to love!! But each to their own!

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend any rooms that overlook the pool area. The entertainment usually finished...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Donna M

Dear Donna,

Thank you to choose the H10 Costa Adeje Palace to enjoy your holiday. We are very proud to know that we could meet your expectations, like this is being our main objective.
I have shared your feedback with the Hotel Manager to improve our service.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

had a lovely holiday in august great staff beautiful room nice bottle of cava for my birthday could not fault a thing my only gripe was when we andwent for our evening meal it would have been nice to sit out on the patio and enjoy a nice meal but every one who smokes spoilt that by lighting up after every course and holding there cigarettes at us so after one night we were banished inside there is seats just off the patio where people could step to if they are so desparate and give others a chance to enjoy there meal or perhaps the hotel could have one half smoking and the other none why why should the smokers have the patio every night

Room Tip: room overlooking the pool great but if you want to go to bed before eleven not so go as entertainmen...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maggie s

Dear Maggie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us after your recent stay, your comments represent the best reward for our daily efforts.
I have shared your feedback with the Hotel Manager to improve our service.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I visited H10 Costa Adeje Palace with my family in August. I would definitely recommend it as a great place to stay on the Tenerife. i would say that the biggest asset of this hotel is their staff. All are really nice and helpful (especially I would like to thank Maja, polish receptionist, who always asked, with the smile on the face, if everything is fine and if she can help with anything). Another advantage is delicious food: a big choice of things to eat on breakfast and dinner. Everything was fresh and nice decorated. Another advantage is a free WIFI (which did not work perfectly but definitely enough to check mails or send some greeting to friends & family - do you really need more on holidays?:). I must say that beach in front of the hotel is not the nicest on the island but if you go app.10 minutes left from the hotel, you find nice beach with white sand and turquoise water. Hotel is located quite far form the city center (40-50 minutes by walk) but in case you would like to go out, every evening hotel organises concerts and performances just in front of the swimming pool.
Summing up I spent wonderful week there I I really hope I have a chance to come back!
Kasia

1  Thank Katrip
tenrife60, Community Manager at H10 Costa Adeje Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review of our hotel. I am delighted to know that you found the room, staff and service to be excellent. It is always wonderful to know we have met the needs of our guests.
I will pass your kind words to all the team of H10 Costa Adeje Palace, especially those that whose the name mentioned.

I hope to welcome you back to Tenerife.

All the best,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Booked in February, the child friendly hotel Costa Adeje Palace was our top pick (within the budget available). We organised the holiday through Thomas Cook.

Three pools, kids club, by the sea and evening entertainment, it was an obvious choice.

With excellent variety of foods, full catering for my intolerances (gluten, wheat), and a 'picky up place' (Zachary's term for 'buffet') for breakfast and dinner, everyone was happy food wise.

The pools were well maintained, lightly chlorinated (enough to keep clean, not enough that you can't open your eyes, so Zachary didn't need goggles!) and big!

The room was spacious (room enough for three), but the downside with hotel rooms and small children is the lack of multiple bedrooms. Putting a child to bed, then remaining in the room trying to entertain yourselves (cards, tv) is difficult. Any excuse to stay awake, they'll use. Fortunately a combination of the blackout curtains and exhaustive daytime play meant there was no early morning surprises. But it was clean (a common feature of the hotel), had a daily turn-down service, in room tea, coffee, TV, fridge, and functional shower. And it was just a short distance from any facilities, bliss.

When choosing a holiday destination with children in mind, the holiday clubs and activities are important. While this was a trip with Zachary, for us to spend time with Zachary, we were also mindful he's not going to want to spend all his time with his folks, and there may be the odd couple of hours we want some peace too.

Again, this hotel didn't disappoint, with a full children's program from 10am through until 9pm. There were pool games, dressing up, golf, treasure hunt, table tennis, a variety show, and every night, the mini disco!.

This wasn't the club like in Menorca where Zachary didn't want to go in it, he was practically begging us to go and join in, no matter what we were doing (even while eating his ice cream, the moment mini disco started, he was gone!)

There was a slight sadness within when time came to pack up and head home. Zachary has already asked if we can go back next year; that's quite a seal of approval.

We would certainly use, and recommend, using Thomas Cook again. This is the second time in two years, with the first being our honeymoon, that we've used the company. From the moment we checked into the airport to when we walked off the plane having arrived back in the UK, they were courteous, went above-and-beyond to be helpful, and great with Zachary.

1  Thank Jonathan_Tullett
tenrife60, Community Manager at H10 Costa Adeje Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review of our hotel. I am delighted that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us. It is always wonderful to know we have met the needs of our guests.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have just returned from this hotel, where we spent 2 weeks, in a Privilege room. We are 2 adults age 35-40, and have 1 child age 9.

First of all if you are going to any H10 hotel, go online and join there club H10 first, this is free to join, you get extra little treats in your room, and as you add up points you get extra freebies. On both occasions from first joining, we got a box of chocolates on arrival, and as a goodbye gift at the end of our stay.

Also if you like a particular type of room, e-mail the hotel before you go and ask for it, and if you have joined the club, state that you are club H10 members and your membership number in the e-mail, think this helps get the best rooms. Even if you have booked a package, you can still e-mail the hotel seperatly, they will never guarantee, but we have always got the room we asked for, if you don't ask you don't get !

My advice for this hotel is high floor, with full sea view.

The location of this hotel is a bit remote, if you like to be in the full of it, but we don't. We thought it was perfect, and it has a promenade where you can walk from the hotel all the way to Los Cristianos, long walk, but just to give you an idea, that all the resorts are linked by this huge promenade, that is perfectly safe to walk even late at night.

The hotel has shops just across the road, including a cheap supermarket, and very good restaurant, 10 mins walk and you will get lots more shops and restaurants. 30 mins walk and you start to get to the edge of Las Americas, which we called crossing the boarder. The hotel is in a very upmarket area, top class hotels are next to it, 10 mins walk is El Duque, very upmarket shops, bars and restaurants. But when you start to get to Las Americas, the best way to described it is like Blackpool, a completly different world.
So depending on what you like, you have both worlds in walking distance, but far enough away not to be bothered by it.

The beach by the hotel is terrible, black and rocky, but 10 mins walk is El Duque, which has a lovely yellow sand beach.

There is a lovely restaurant in El Duque overlooking the water, great for a special night out, but be prepared you will pay high, 175 euros for 2 adults and 1 child, 3 course meal with wine.

We went to the hotel in high season, and it didn't feel crowded, the place is huge, and the pool area large, so well able to cope. The restaurant is huge too, but at breakfast time they struggled to clear the tables quick enough, didn't seam to be a problem at dinner time though.

Lots of activities on offer for kids and adults, though we didn't join in, so can't comment. Evening entertainment every night, starts with kids entertainment, which looked good, even had a clown one night. Then follows with main entertainment, which most nights were outside professional acts, and were very good. I have seam some comments regarding the entertainment not being in English, this is not the case.

The English are the minority here, mainly Spanish, French and Russian, but the English are made very welcome. Everything they say is announced in Spanish, French and English. They don't speak Russian, so the English is used for the Russians too. Also most of the staff only speak Spanish and English, so English is definatly used all the time in every area.

The food choice is excellent, buffet is huge, and definatly something for everyone, and every nationality. There is a fresh bakery, baking fresh items every morning, and a live hot counter doing omelets, and fry ups fresh infront of you, and carverys and other grilled or fried items fresh every night. The chef cooks to your order at these counters.
Also fresh smoothies every morning.
If you are half board, you can switch to lunch without notice, instead of dinner.

There is also a pool bar serving food to take away or eat-in, and an A-la-carte restaurant for breakfast and dinner.

Pool towels are provided, (free to privilege not sure about other guests), the pools are a great temperature, 3 large pools and 1 toddlers pool, also 1 indoor pool. The one major fault with the outside pools, kids can't touch the bottom in any of them, and most adults. I am 5'7" and couldn't touch the bottom in most of the pools, and only on tip toes in one small area of one pool.

The whole of the hotel is spotless clean, and smells fresh every where, this includes, all public areas and toilets, and the rooms.

My big advice would be to pay for privilege if you can afford it, it is so worth the difference. With privilege you get better rooms, with lots of extras:

Privilege pool towels, changed every night from your room
2 x Privilege only sunbathing areas, with sun beds like real beds mattresses and pillows.
Free use of indoor spa pool
free snacks, drinks, and cool towels, every hour waiter served in sunbathing area
Nespresso machine in room, with pods top up every day
Nespresso card, to get free Nespresso every morning at breakfast
Pillow menu, to pick a suitable pillow for bed
Turn down service with chocolates every night
Robes and slippers in room
Fruit, water and free gift in room on arrival
Free safe in room
Free newspaper of choice every day
Free weather forcast sent to room every day
Free hire of tennis equipment
Privilege club room, with free snacks, drinks (including alcoholic), to help yourself.
Can eat at the A-la-carte restaurant every morning without booking, and dinner every night, but must book for dinner 24hrs previous.

When you see how close to eachother some of the sunbeds are around the main pool, the privilege area is so spacious.

The A-la-carte restaurant is great to have on offer as privilege guest, breakfast and dinner is waiter service. The menu is limited if you were to eat here every day for 2 weeks, but still a good choice. It is very useful when the buffet is busy in the morning, you can just walk straight past and go to the a-la-carte where it is always quiet, with no booking.
The dinner is very good, with a great steak, and goats cheese salad, also really good with changing the menu to suit kids. The main issue here is that you have to book dinner 24hrs ahead, and we found several nights where we couldn't get in, because other guest had booked several nights in a row. So once you decide you like, if it is high season, you need to book all your nights ahead in a block.

Wi-fi is available thoughtout the hotel, not supposed to be in rooms, but we did get a signal sometimes. The wi-fi is very bad though, lots of sites wouldn't load, even on the main computers in the Privilege club room.

In all I would return to a H10 hotel, always found the staff very friendly, and hotels clean, and good food. Maybe not this one though, only because I would like to see different places.

Any questions on the hotel or area, just message me.

Room Tip: Pay privilege, ask for high floor full sea view
9  Thank TRAVELLOTS42
tenrife60, Community Manager at H10 Costa Adeje Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and that our staff met your every need. From the property to our service, we strive to provide perfection and it’s wonderful that we were able to accomplish this during your recent visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

In August 2013, we stayed a week in the calm and quite nice hotel in Costa Adeje.
The hotel facilities are in general good and nicely arranged, the infrastructure has a lot of potential. The rooms are nice, the pool area is clean and offers a lot of space.
We never had the feeling that the pool was overwhelmed by people.
The room service is excellent and the cleaning is well done as well.
The downside of the hotel is the service and the general behavior of the staff. H10 slogan "With you in mind" is unfortunately not lived by the staff at all. The staff does not see the obvious needs of the customers. In the restaurant you are not served like it should be normal in a 4 star hotel. Furthermore, H10 Costa Adeja Palace tries to sell everything on top and nothing is included in the normal rate:

- you pay extra for the save
- you pay extra for orange juice
- you pay extra for wireless lan
- you can choose to even pay extra for a better pillow or beter coffee than the standard (this is called "privilege service")

In our opinion, those services are normal and commodity for a 4 star hotel.

Summary: from a facilities point of view the hotel certainly has potential. But, the service is very poor. One might say that "H10 Costa Adeje Palace has their customers not in mind at all".

We would not recommend this hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Eastbetraveller
tenrife60, Community Manager at H10 Costa Adeje Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at H10 Costa Adeje Palace.

I am deeply sorry that H10 has disappointed you. As a company, it is our intent to provide exceptional luxury service with attention to detail.

Again, I am extremely sorry that your stay was not a memorable one. We only hope that you are willing to give us another chance to regain your confidence in H10 and hope to be able to welcome you back.

My sincere apologies,