“Deserves its 4* rating”

Ranked #32 of 57 Hotels in Costa Adeje
London, United Kingdom
“Deserves its 4* rating”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Following some poor reviews I was worried but how wrong I was.
My partner and I have just come back from a 10night stay at this hotel. We have been to Tenerife before but was our first time at this hotel.
The room we got was on the 1st floor which was lovely spacious and looked refurbished. However if you do plan to spend time on the balcony I recommend paying the extra 10euros a night as sunlight doesn't hit the lower floors. With the reception being on the 3rd floor it can get confusing what floor your room is on. There are no signs outside the lifts showing direction to rooms so it’s guess work unless you ask. The room had a bath and shower to suit both preferences.
Regarding location sadly this is the let down. It is very peaceful not many people around the area however if you wish to go out for lunch/dinner there is only 1 restaurant near by. The restaurant can be a little pricey to. The nearest cheap restaurants are a good 40mins walk luckily it’s a nice walk along the beach. If you are half board I’d recommend going all inclusive to save you doing the walk. You are able to upgrade anytime during your stay for people who would prefer to try outside food to. Luckily this hotel is less than 100metres from a supermarket and you can buy drinks from there to store in the fridge located in your room which is free to use.
The hotel is a very big grand hotel but you will very quickly pick up your way around and learn all the shortcuts to. This hotel is never short of activities either for children and adults. For those who prefer to lounge around by the pool you have two to choose from. There is also a hot tub this is often used by children. Also there is a shallow pool for children. There is an indoors pool that is heated during the winter. They ask you not to reserve sunbeds however people still do. This is not a problem as there is no shortage of sunbeds. The hotel looks as though it’s on the beach front this is true however not the beach you would like. The nearest nice beach is only a 5-10minute walk from the hotel.
My Partner and I along with other guests arrived late to the hotel but the hotel was very nice and allowed us to go for dinner before it closes and we could check in after. There were exceptional receptionists on duty the night we arrived. Rita & Kathryn. Kathryn being originally from midlands spoke perfect English and Spanish so there was no word getting lost in translations that can happen if people don’t understand English. The food at the hotel had a great selection. Being a buffet I was always up for seconds and thirds. There was show cooking every night. All food was labeled so you knew what you were selecting. The deserts were the same most nights however on 2 nights there was a chocolate fountain with a selection of sweets marshmallows and fruits.
A drink at the restaurant can seem pricey as a small coke is 2.60Euros. If all inclusive drinks are free.
The night entertainment is the only main let down of this hotel. Out of 10nights only 3 nights were decent entertainment. The team sometimes does a show and sadly doesn’t make you think that was very good rather what was that!
The hotel does have a free bus service however time wise it isn’t very convenient as there is a big gap between lunchtime.

As a whole this is a very good hotel. Location isn’t superb but isn’t hard to get to places. For the people who want the relaxing holiday away from the hustle and bustle of party central this is the hotel to go for. The hotel has everything you need on holiday and although tucked away this hotel is a popular one and in high demand during peak season.

1 Thank Eastop
tenrife60, Community Manager at H10 Costa Adeje Palace, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate your valuable feedback and sincerely thank you for taking the time to share it with us.
I am glad to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and that our staff met your every need.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to H10 Costa Adeje Palace upon your next trip to Tenerife.

María Lorenzo, Community Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a weeks Holiday in the H10 Costa Adeje Palace Hotel. During which renovation work was being carried out on the floor above us, for 5 days. We complained to the management, who did not respond, we complained again, which resulted in receiving a cheap bottle of Spanish wine, On departure we were told that the complaint would be looked into and we would be contacted.
Contact was never made. So we sent an email to the Hotel, which was never replied to.
so we contacted H10 head office by email, but again have not had a reply.
So we sent an email to the H10 Loyalty program/club, but again this was never replied to.
So what do you do NOW?

2 Thank Mel W
Dear Mel,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at H10 Costa Adeje Palace. On behalf of my team, I would like to personally extend my apologies to you.
I am sorry for not being able to offer you another room for the evening due to our fully committed availability.

More importantly, I am deeply sorry that H10 has disappointed you. As a company, it is our intent to provide exceptional luxury service with attention to detail. I have shared your feedback with the Hotel Manager to explain your situation.

Again, I am extremely sorry that your stay was not a memorable one. We only hope that you are willing to give us another chance to regain your confidence in H10 and hope to be able to welcome you back.

My sincere apologies,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Costa adeje palace was better than expected after ready many reviews on here I went very open minded and couldn't come away happier, the room was lovely very clean, spacious, and comfy big bed. The pool area has loads of sun beds which is good as you don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to reserve one as we always found a good spot with a sun umbrella. Nice location with a very nice resturants near by if you do choose to go b&b or half board, or you can get the free bus to las americas and have a look around, the only thing letting this hotel down is the buffet area, the food was really good every night we found dishes we liked and even my fussy parner couldn't complain, however we sometimes struggled to find a table at breakfast and it is rather cramped. I would recommend this hotel as it was great value for money and really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Alice,

I am happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. From the property to our service, we strive to provide perfection and it’s wonderful that we were able to accomplish this during your recent visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I hope you come back to Tenerife soon.

Leeds
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Impressive from the outside the Costa Adeje Palace hotel stands proudly in a quiet and exclusive area of Tenerife, the entrance hall is enormous and features a nice bar area, reception area and comfortable lounge furniture.

I shall cut to the chase and in my opinion tell you where this hotel needs to improve to become and earn the title of palace, the dining room or hotel restaurant is completely 3rd rate and not worthy of even a 3 star rating, the dinning room furniture is laid out in rows and blocks, you could be mistaken for thinking you have just entered a canteen.

Of course this serves another purpose in that the hotel can cram the dinning room to the rafters with loads of people eating and choosing what to eat. It really was a big let down and for me and a big dissapointment as this hotel has many good things to write about, the dinning room hotel managers should have there heads knocked together by someone who should say sort this crappy dinning room out.

The room would be so much nicer with better and roomier table / seating layout, also reading about the hotel back in the UK, it clearly stated that smart mens trousers for the evening menu was essential, noting this I packed accordingly, however at the hotel anything goes for dressing on a night, and this is part of the problem. If you want an anything goes dress culture in the restaurant on a night, then you have already created the norm. What were the hotel dinning room managers doing about this and checking... nothing!!!!

I am glad to report that there is an outside dinning area which has nice tables and chairs and we ate in this location every night, however the seating is limited due to the number of chairs and tables outside and I saw lots of dissapointed guests looking for somewhere to sit, however it was full.

We stayed in a standard double room which was nice and comfortable, it was cleaned every day and spotless, the room was large and had a good size bathroom. However one word of warning for light sleepers, we were allocated in room on the the 2nd floor with a room number of 209, on arrival we looked out the window to see a goods entrance and also a football team of wheely bins, spanish bin collectors come early in the morning and sure enought at 4:50am we heard the sound of the bins being emptied.

To be fair the bins being emptied were not too much of a distraction for us, the sound proofing was average and also I had taken plenty of amber nectar sleeping liguid that most of the time I slept through what was happening outside.

The remainder of this hotel, including the pool and surrounding areas are worthy of the 4 star status.

For those wanting to visit Las Americas the hotel offers a free mini bus service throughout the day, starting at 9:45am from the hotel and returning at around 7:00pm in the evening.
Free pool towels are also provided by the poolside, however you need tickets for this from the reception.
Wi Fi is also available free, you will need to get a username and password from the reception, this is based on your room number, so everyone in the same room uses the same username and password, beward thre signal is not very stong meaning uploading is impossible!!!

Even though I have mentioned some negatives in this feedback, I have to say on the whole we feel our holiday package was good value for money, we paid £550 each for 11 nights half board to stay at the Adeje Palace, and all things considered that has to represent good value.

Dear Trevor,

Thank you for choosing H10 Costa Adeje Palace for your recent trip to Tenerife. I am glad to hear that our staff met your every need.
I apologize for the Wi-Fi service but thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, nice room ,location poor ,food ok . Need to be book privilege essential. Limited shops near by not much to do thought it would be a bit more lively considering the wow factor Thomas Cooke brochure made of it .

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tuso123
Dear Guest,

We are very proud to know that we could meet your expectations, like this is being our main objective.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel we were issued rooms on the 3rd floor (same as reception is on) and to say they were shabby and dark was an understatement. Went straight back to reception and was allocated a room on the 7th floor, what a difference, obviously newly refurbished and interior all white, a beautiful room. The food in the hotel is excellent with a huge choice of dishes and lots of fresh fish and salads, staff excellent in all area's extremely pleasant and helpful. Drinks all cocktails, some bottled beers and branded spirits included in the A1 package, the only things that let his hotel down is their animation team and evening entertainment, which was poor to say the least, nightly acts very repetitive with the same couple singing the same songs 4 nights in a row. Out of our 2 week stay I would have said that their were 5 acts which were worth seeing, they also had a piano player in the upstairs bar who belted out the same tunes nightly which again was disappointing. During the day the animation team were not proactive in promoting their activities which some days never came to fruition and if they did there were perhaps 2 or 3 attendee's. No effort was put into attracting holidaymakers, one person would walk round one side of the pool with darts in her hand and if no-one came they just left it which was disappointing and there should have been more interaction with their clients making them aware of what was happening and where it was taking place. As an avid gym goer, this was another disappointment, it did not open until 10am and was glass fronted, therefore by 10am when the sun was up it was unbearably hot as the air conditioning was not efficient, the gym equipment sparse with one running machine, one cross trainer, two spin bikes and a broken stepper, generally people who wish to attend a gym on holiday like to get up early and do their workout before breakfast and the temperature rises, also to enable them to be present when the rest of their party is taking breakfast and perhaps going out for the day. All in all the hotel is lovely, very clean and if the entertainment and activities were sorted it would truly be second to none.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, our party was on floors 6 and 7 which had been refurbished