Where shall I start...Myself fiancé and I arrived on june 11th at around 8.10pm. The first impression when walking into hotel lobby is impressive with such a large area and natural light, tall ceiling/ roof. Down hill from there... it took 30 mins to get checked in as only one staff member. Bell boy had all ready asked to take our bags (which he expected to be tipped at the room, at least 5 euro). When we were finally checked in we were given a welcome drink of orange juice, which was warm. Lovely not!
The receptionist gave us a ground floor room when we had asked for a middle floor with sea view. On arriving in the room it was old, with no sea view and overlooking apartments. (very disappointing).It also did not contain any info about the hotel or when breakfast was etc.
We left the room promptly and went to reception to change rooms.The receptionist did change us rooms to a lovely sea view (which we had requested) and refurbished to a reasonable standard. We felt that it was not the problem the hotel did not have the nicely refurbished rooms, but chose not to give to us.
We expected a lot more from the hotel and room.
Our hotel rep from Thomas cook, was very frustrating as we were given the wrong information on two separate occasions regarding our excursions, which made us miss half of our day to the siam water park, which is differently worth a visit and only 15 mins via car. The rep had told us a free bus stopped just two mins up the road directly opposite the hotel. This sadly was not the case at all and we ended up waiting there and hour and a quarter, to end up going back to the hotel for our rep AGAIN not being there. The German rep was very helpful, gave us a map and correct directions, also mentioned we had to get local bus to the market then change to the free bus and a free bus to Siam park does not stop at all near the hotel, as we were previously informed!!
The hotel offered no tea/coffee facilities in the room and if you wanted in your room you had to pay 3 euros a day per person to have this. Also an additional 3 euros a day to use the in room safe(ridiculous)!I have stayed in many hotels and generally these are complimentary.
The hotel has a sun bed policy regarding the sun loungers around the pool, that these are not to be reserved with towels.. if your not down by the pool by 10.15am you wont get a bed, unless you would like it under a tree and some walk to the pool. They do have a beach outside of the hotel, this is black man made beach and not great, but 15 mins up the road the beaches are better with golden sand.
The buffet food for breakfast was a variety of all cultures and seemed to cater for most. We stayed half board so did not have lunch. Dinner was ok, nothing to write home about, fairly average.Be aware if half board then you have to pay for drinks at dinner and this can end up being quite expensive. No indication of price is put on the piece if paper given to you ie how much the drinks are each night. I went to reception to enquire what our bill was and was very surprised at the price of drinks, expensive! Almost 2 euros for a little bottle of water and nearly 9 euros for two small glasses of house wine.
We did have a lovely receptionist Kathryn on our last night (English). We did make her aware of how unhappy we were with our stay and the Thomas cook rep as we felt misled. She apologised and said she would pass on comments to management.
On the day of departure we asked for our luggage to be stored, which amazingly was FREE! but nothing is exactly free, as it was, the door to the luggage room was left wide open and unattended. Not once was this locked. It also had a sign on the door saying the hotel would not accept any liability for any lost luggage, and this clearly is the reason. Even though there was security on the door which looks all safe and grand, we did not feel this was the case.
We Will definitely not be returning to such a big chain hotel, which makes you feel more like a cattle number than a paying guest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located next to the sea on the Costa Adeje and with direct access to La Enramada beach, the H10 Costa Adeje Palace is the ideal location to enjoy Tenerife’s balmy weather and discover this magnificent island. Featuring comfortable rooms with their own terrace, a wide range of dining options that includes the El Jable restaurant with international buffet and show cooking, the a la carte restaurant La Tosca and the Teppanyaki Sakura restaurant, Chill-Out area, the Despacio Spa Centre with a wide range of treatments and its Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your H10 Costa Adeje Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Costa Adeje Palace Hotel Costa Adeje
- H10 Costa Adeje Palace Tenerife