“Excellent holiday”

Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Costa Adeje
blavkpool
“Excellent holiday”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just got back yesterday from this hotel,from walking into the recption to leaving we were looked after so well. All the staff are friendly and very helpful could not fault anyone of them. The rooms are kept spotless, we have stayed at a great many all inclusives all over the world and this one compares very well with any of them.The food was great, great choices always something to eat,too much sometimes for someone like me who is picky.Pools and all the areas spotless,plenty of sunbed available at any time never rushed to get one and as we were a party of ten friends we were always together.The only thing i would like to see would be tea making equipment, a kettle and cups in the room,every thing else was perfect, we would certainly return here.

Room Tip: we were in room 245 we were very happy with this
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kathleen k
tenrife60, Community Manager at H10 Costa Adeje Palace, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent stay with us in H10 Costa Adeje Palace.
I am delighted to hear that our food offering exceeded your expectations. Most importantly, it is wonderful that you had a great service experience in the hotel. Thank you for your comments, and rest assured I will share them with the team.

Kind regards,

María Lorenzo, Community Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This holiday was booked by my wife who didn't think to consult trip adviser!
It was with some apprehension that we arrived for our holiday, having read some of the poor reviews of this hotel.
WE NEEDN'T HAVE WORRIED.
We found everything was great for our needs, with just a few small niggles.
1. The main pool is deep at 1.85m and also cold. A smaller pool is 1.45m so still unsuitable for weak swimmers. There is a jacuzzi area which is warm, but in theory under 12s not allowed. Fortunately this restriction was not enforced. There is only one lifeguard, but as very few people were ever in the water he had little to do but walk around all the pool areas. If there had been an emergency, could he have been found.
2. No tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms. Even Travelodge provide this!
3. Slow service at times in the pool bar. Not the fault of the staff, just too few of them.

Other than the above I have nothing but praise for this hotel. The AI offer was excellent value and included a wide selection of drinks... around 6 different brands of gin, for example, and served in ultra generous measures. No evidence of any chavs taking advantage of this either.
The food was good, canteen style, and you could choose as much or as little as you wanted. Vegetarians had less choice IMO.
Entertainment in the evening was also good. Nice to visit a place with no bingo!
Rooms pacious and comfortable.
The beach outside the hotel is nothing to speak of, but walks either to left or right will take you further afield. There is a free shuttle bus to Las Americas, but be aware that there is a long break in the return schedule until 5.30ish.Taxis readily available at hotel.
Would definitely consider a return visit

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Skippy1996
Dear Client,

My sincere thanks and appreciation to you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the H10 Costa Adeje Palace.
I am pleased that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I booked the hotel more than 10 months in advance for a week's holiday over our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We booked all inclusive but not the Privilege package. I toyed with the idea of Privilege but decided to see if they would upgrade us at a discounted rate when we arrived as the travel agent had informed them of our celebration. Um...
On arrival we queued for about 15 minutes to check in. When I asked the girl on check in about Privilege she was very dismissive, told me it just meant you got a coffee maker in the room, and something about another pool area. She gave me the impression she thought I wasn't able to afford it, or that it wasn't worth the money. There was no mention of our Wedding Anniversary. I didn't pursue it and now I'm glad I didn't. From what we saw it wasn't worth the money.
We had already paid extra for a side sea view room. We were on the top floor. The room was of a very good standard and the maids did an excellent job of cleaning every day.They were also very friendly and always spoke when they saw you. I can't fault the room. There was a coffee maker but no coffee but we didn't bother.
The food is a different matter. I am a vegetarian and although there were a few veggie options I was always a bit concerned as the labeling was not always very good and the vegetarian dishes were too close by the meat and fish dishes and people had been using the same spoons to dish up both. The food was also not as hot as it should have been. We found the pool bar at lunch time cooked food to order and so it was hotter when you got it. But considering we were AI I was puzzled to be told I couldn't have the coconut ice cream as it wasn't in the AI package, only 4 flavours were.
The buffet dining room was like a huge school canteen, just as noisy and tables messy. There were not enough staff anywhere. The food frequently ran out and was not filled very quickly. I didn't like the system for the AI people. You showed your room card to get into dinner and they gave you a form. You found a table and the waiter took your drink order and wrote on the form taking the top copy. You got the first round of drinks but always had to ask for a refill. You had to do this wherever you were eating or drinking in the hotel.
We liked to sit outside for our evening meal, but this was ruined on occasion by the smokers. Also, the chairs were wicker like with removable cushions and there were not enough cushions for all chairs. Plus guests were taking cushions off other peoples chairs so they had 2 cushions to sit on!! What's that all about!?
The bars were not all open at night. The piano bar had very slow service. We waited over 15 minutes for the waiter service, then saw our drinks sat on the bar while the waiter was in the Privilege area so we got up and picked them up ourselves. But this was frowned on as you had to sign the slip!
The 2nd night we were there the hotel closed the pool bar for the evening as they had a wedding there. The wedding celebrations went on until well past 4am and it was extremely noisy as they guests were all outside, children running and shouting. Another night they closed the outdoor eating area as they had a corporate event there. This happened to be the evening of our 30th Wedding Anniversary and we had to eat in the canteen! It was such a let down. We did think about eating in the other restaurant on site but we would have to have paid and to be honest the feedback about it wasn't great so we didn't bother. I think considering everyone was paying to stay at the hotel to close parts off was a bit naughty.
There were plenty of sun beds around the large pool area but we did see groups reserving their beds with towels and nothing was said. There was a group of 6 elderly, leathery looking people there who did this on 6 beds in a quiet area near the waterfall. The barely sat on those beds all day long.
When we came to check out I was charged for 2 drinks so I queried this, the chap got the huge piles of slips out and found the offending one and removed it right away without fuss. I had used the safe and paid 14 euros for the week and that was that.

Would we stay here again? Probably not. In fact we would only go back to Tenerife if we had a really good deal. The lack of staff, the lack of service, miserable waiters/waitresses (not all, Javier in the buffet was very helpful), the lack lustre food, have not left a very good impression on us. Plus the chaos at the airport was quite stressful. And to top it all it was very cloudy all week. We reckon we had a total of 6 hours sunshine the whole time we were there!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oliverudge
Dear Client,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to complete your tripAdvisor review and thank you for sharing this feedback on your recent stay. We endeavor to deliver consistency and excellence in every aspect of our product and service and I would like to express our apologies for not meeting expectation on this occasion. I have since reviewed this feedback with the team with a view to improving our service.

I do hope you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the H10 Costa Adeje Palace in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Looking at some of the other reviews I think I must have stayed at a different hotel, I think you will find the 5 star rating is Thomas Cooks own rating, as this hotel is really a 4, My Husband, son and I had a great time, food was excellent we enjoyed half board, which was fine, as we aren't interested in full board or all inclusive, its too tying to the hotel, also there are lots of people that seem to upgrade to the privilege package, we saw no reason to we also got a pool/sea view without paying any extra, and it was a refurbished room which are tastefully decorated cream/black theme. From what I saw of the entertainment it wasn't that good but is it really ever, you don't go on holiday for that. Across the road from the hotel are some shops, a supermarket, a really good bar which served excellent food at pub prices called Cafe 7, pints of beer cheaper than in england as the hotel was quite expensive for drinks.
The comments about the pool are correct one of the pools could do with being shallower, for kids that can't swim that well, but fortunately mine can so he loved it, the pool at the far end was heated, probably about same temp as the jacuzzi. Loads of sunbeds you'd be hard pushed not to find one and they are comfy.
Over all great holiday would go again.

Room Tip: Most seem good, we got a pool view room with out asking so perhaps its pot luck, but the ones on the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
tenrife60, Community Manager at H10 Costa Adeje Palace, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was delightful to read your comments and on behalf of the team we would like to thank you for the positive observations about H10 Costa Adeje Palace.

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your upcoming visit to Tenerife.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Ok honestly iv never been into writing online reviews because I simply dont have the time but my stay at costa adege palace hotel in Tenerife made me sign up to trip advisor to tell holiday makers exactly how it is.. DONT BELIEVE THE NEGATIVE VIEWS ABOUT THIS HOTEL... me and my partner had an amazing time at this hotel.... hotel design and layout is beautiful contemporary modern and huge...service is topclass everyone is so friendly and really goes out their way to help.. all inclusive buffet was delicious we are a muslim couple so we couldn't eat the meat and chicken but that wasn't a problem because there was a wide choice of seafood to accommodate us.. the views are amazing the location is ideal right on the coast giving you easy access to the beaches plaza del duque and fanabe and las Americas... we paid extra for a sea view room in advance which is worth every penny. . And is cheaper than doing it at the hotel. Hotel provides free shuttle service to and from the local resort towns... staff arnt pushy for tips nor do they show any impatience. . Perfect holiday weather was sooo hot amazing tans lol. Would definitely recommend any one to go here... and yes it is listed as both 4 star and 5 star but on the sign it actually has 4 star but I fink their just being modest I rate it as a 5 star all day long. Hope this helped.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank NishandShaz
Dear Guest,

My sincere thanks and appreciation to you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at H10 Costa Adeje Palace.

It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are proud that our staff extended exceptional service all the time. I will definitely share your encouraging words to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel for another spectacular stay.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a very enjoyable week, but were glad we booked the priviledge deal as it gave us many extras which made it an enjoyable stay. The room was tastefully decorated with an lovely view, the room was very clean. The bathroom however was clean but had broken tiles, the bath had been repaired and the finish was poor. There was no double bed but 2 queen beds pushed together, one of which was very lumpy and uncomfortable.

The buffet was kept well stocked with plenty of choice. We had breakfast outside every morning where it was quieter and lunch also which quieter anyway as few people had lunch in the hotel. As part of the priviledge package we had our evening meal in the al a carte restaurant which okay but not great but was quieter than the main restaurant.

Sun beds in the priviledge area were lovely, with many tasty treats brought to us.

Evening entertainment was as you would expect at many seaside holiday hotels.

The staff everywhere worked extremely hard but there just wasn't enough of them and were not encouraged to chat with guests and were often running around taking orders and delivering drinks, which can be uncomfortable when you are there to relax.

Would we go back, probally not to Tenerife as there are many other places left to visit.

Room Tip: Always choose a priviledge room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read your positive comments about your experience here at H10 Costa Adeje Palace and we appreciate your time submitting a review.

We all look forward to welcoming you back should your future travels brings you to Tenerife.

cumbria
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have just arrived back on the 31st of may. Thomas cook have this hotel as a 5 star hotel, on arrival we noticed it actually only has 4 stars.We upgraded to the privilege option which was a better room, but the areas at the poolside and the privilege bar were not very well stocked up and maintained.They must have just painted the hotel , as we made our way to the bedroom there was paint scattered all over the carpets.The service at the bar areas was awful as you would queue for approx 20 mins for a drink.The entertainment was poor as was the kids club and activities.There is no childrens pool, if your children cant swim then forget it.The food was of butlins quality, We ate out at the tosca a le carte which was better food quality but the service again slow.We ate out on the last 2 nights although we were half board.The spa area was very average too.We complained to the thomas cooke rep twice and at reception three times, but we got no satisfaction , the rep did;nt even get back to us. Give this one a miss, Ineed another holiday to get over this one

Room Tip: Upgrade, We spoke to another family who said there room was awful and asked to be upgraded, and said...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us after your recent experience at our Hotel.

We are disappointed to know that the experience you had, did not meet your expectations.
Your comments were noted and want to assure you that we will ensure to maintain a good service.