We got back from a week at the Luabay on 4th March having chosen this hotel after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.
All the good points we would endorse and agree with, such as the staff who were all friendly and helpful, the food which was well cooked and presented, with plenty of choices, the general cleanliness in the hotel and the bedrooms that was of a very high standard. The evening shows were always very entertaining with something different every night.
Unfortunately we would also endorse and agree with most of the bad points that have appeared in reviews. They are mostly little niggles but they certainly caused a lot of discussion amongst the guests.
Firstly, the sun loungers, there were too few and many of those that were available were broken but not removed. The problem was of course made worse by guests, many of them Brits, going down and placing their towels and then not using the loungers till much later in the day. Watch out for guests who "acquire" your lounger or sun umbrella while you are at lunch.
Secondly, tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Yes I know we should have read the small print more closely, but the guests, like us, were of an age when a cup of tea or coffee first thing in the morning is almost essential and we have come to take for granted that a 4 star hotel generally provides such facilities ( without having to pay for an "upgrade)
Thirdly, the bathroom that became a wet room whenever someone took a shower. The recent (2011?) refurbishment seemed to run out of money when it came to making the shower glass wall fit the shower tray and no matter how careful we were when showering, we always found the bathroom floor under water unless we trapped the overflow with a towel.
Overall, the hotel was pleasant and airy and although we enjoyed our stay I don't think we will be rushing back there soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje invites you to enjoy your holidays in an exclusive hotel in Playa Fañabé with a full range of services. The Hotel is located next to the beach, in the most beautiful and peaceful area of Costa Adeje. Discover our All Inclusive service as well as our high class rooms which are ideal for sophisticated guests with great expectations. Relaxation and comfort is what you can expect from your stay at HOVIMA Costa Adeje in Playa Fañabé. Enjoy the wonderful surroundings and the nature at a one of a kind location. HOVIMA Costa Adeje is exclusive for adults, minimum 16 years old (accompanied at least by an adult with more than 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your HOVIMA Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Adeje Hotel Costa Adeje
- Esmeralda Hotel Tenerife
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje Tenerife