We spent a week from 13th to 20th December in Luabay. We were really apprehensive after reading the reviews. No need to be. We had a wonderful time, really relaxing and the hotel is spotless clean. We found all the staff pleasant and very hard working. They could not do enough for you. The Mexican restaurant was just fantastic and we really enjoyed our meal. The Spanish night was good but the food not to our taste but we did enjoy the experience. The rooms are lovely and the maids keep them very clean. All the areas of the hotel are well kept and are always kept clean. The food in the main restaurant was good, we found that after breakfast the snacks at the bar were more than enough for us. We only had lunch in the dining room once as we just had a sandwich and a piece of fruit at lunch time. At night time you could always get various types of food and there was always a chef on to make up you a pasta dish, with various sauces available, cheese, Bolognese etc. There was also a wide variety of other food available and if it wasn't hot enough for you a microwave was on hand. At the pool bar you can get slush puppies which were really refreshing there is also various soft drinks, water , beer and local spirits available. The evening entertainment was not too bad at all. We find that in Tenerife the entertainment is never that great no matter were you stay. We stayed in the hotel and gave the entertainment a go and as I say some of it wasn't too bad at all. The pool area is really good there are 3 levels with 3 pools. 2 Pool bars. There's a life guard on at all times and if he saw you struggling with a brolly/sunbed etc he was right over. He was really pleasant. We also never had a problem in getting a sunbed and we went down at different times of the day. We managed to get a sunbed every day without any hassle at all. There always seemed to be beds available. Maybe it was the time of year we went or maybe more sunbeds have been made available. The animation team did there best but we did find it hard to understand what they said on occasions. They were also always trying to get people to join in various games/competitions. The only thing I could find wrong with the hotel was a lot of the people who went there just seemed to want to moan about nothing at all. The thing that I could not get my head around is they came back year after year. It cant be that bad. It is defo a 4 star hotel so don't listen to the moaners go with an open mind to your holiday and have a brilliant time. We have been to various locations on an all inclusive basis and this is the first one that we had waiter service. Even if you went to the bar we found if a waiter was around he took your order and you sat down he would bring the order to you. As for the shower again no bother at all just put your bath mat down on the floor. Its really central and a good location. Few bars around you and shops restaurants. The beds are really comfortable and the air conditioning is really quiet. We had a brilliant sleep and the hotel was not that noisy at all. We would certainly return to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje invites you to enjoy your holidays in an exclusive hotel in Playa Fañabé with a full range of services. The Hotel is located next to the beach, in the most beautiful and peaceful area of Costa Adeje. Discover our All Inclusive service as well as our high class rooms which are ideal for sophisticated guests with great expectations. Relaxation and comfort is what you can expect from your stay at HOVIMA Costa Adeje in Playa Fañabé. Enjoy the wonderful surroundings and the nature at a one of a kind location. HOVIMA Costa Adeje is exclusive for adults, minimum 16 years old (accompanied at least by an adult with more than 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your HOVIMA Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Adeje Hotel Costa Adeje
- Esmeralda Hotel Tenerife
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje Tenerife