On returning from the Luabay I looked up on the Thomsons web site to see how they describe their platinum range. I quote “ they come with great extras like bigger luggage allowance” This hotel just about merits its 4 star rating but it must try harder on the little things. All in all though, we did have a great holiday.
We stayed for 11 nights. The hotel has been refurbished and is of a good standard. We were on the 9th floor and our room although a bit small was fine. Plenty of wardrobe space but only 3 drawers for clothes. A kettle is provided but no milk, tea or coffee is supplied. Good sized bathroom with walk in shower, which to my mind is perfect. A supply of soap and shampoos are supplied along with a shower gel container on the wall of the shower. Food is generally pretty good. A decent selection so no one can go hungry. Quality is reasonable, but some nights a few dodgy dishes. We were allowed to use the themed restaurant 3 times, (you must book this at the reception. Choose your dates ASAP as there are not many spaces. The Mexican night is better, a choice of 3 dishes. The Spanish night is a selection of various Tapas dishes which were OK. The waiters in here were excellent (give them a good tip and they will spoil you). Swimming pools were warm and spotlessly clean. WiFi is charged at 10 Euros per day or 30 Euros per week. Absolute rip off. DO NOT PAY THIS. There is a lovely bar directly opposite the hotel, The Unique. Very friendly staff, go there have 2 beers for 4 Euros and use his WiFi. We paid 22 Euros for the room safe which was very small. Towels are available 15 Euros deposit for each towel. The evening entertainment is of a good standard. The Blues Brothers are good, but see them in one of the bars and it is a different act, very funny but extremely rude, do not sit near the front or get up while they are on if you do not want to be picked on. The Charlie Chaplin act was also excellent. We have never gone to the same hotel twice, so will not return but would recommend the Luabay for a good stay. Just accept that this is a good hotel but not an exceptional one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje invites you to enjoy your holidays in an exclusive hotel in Playa Fañabé with a full range of services. The Hotel is located next to the beach, in the most beautiful and peaceful area of Costa Adeje. Discover our All Inclusive service as well as our high class rooms which are ideal for sophisticated guests with great expectations. Relaxation and comfort is what you can expect from your stay at HOVIMA Costa Adeje in Playa Fañabé. Enjoy the wonderful surroundings and the nature at a one of a kind location. HOVIMA Costa Adeje is exclusive for adults, minimum 16 years old (accompanied at least by an adult with more than 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your HOVIMA Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Adeje Hotel Costa Adeje
- Esmeralda Hotel Tenerife
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje Tenerife