“Excellent 4* Star Hotel”

Bahia Princess Hotel
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Had a fabulous holiday at the Bahia Princess at the beginning of January. Hotel was first class and fully deserves its four star rating. Food was excellent - something for everyone - and staff were very friendly and helpful. Evening entertainment was the usual stuff - mixture of good and average - but they have the BBC1, ITV1, Channel 4 and Channel 5 on TV! Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel - and if you look out for one of Thomson's late deals you might even get it at a bargain price! On a side note - one wee cafe you must pay a visit to is Harriet's Tearoom - excellent!

Room Tip: Asked for a pool room as heard rooms facing the road were noisy - however could hear the music from...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jo14
Write a ReviewReviews (2,271)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Amazing hotel in everyway. Stayed during the high season and truly the best hotel I ever stayed in! The room was cleaned twice a day and to a high spec with amazing sea view. I would say that I paid extra for the view but well worth it.

Whilst we didnt take the children (Thanks to the grandparents) I did see the childrens club where no expense was spared and plenty for the kids to enjoy alongside a childrens pool for time away from the club.

The breakfast was incredible with a huge selection and from memory dinner options are plentiful with a host of resturants including a sushi restaurant which was our very favourite.

Vast selecton of pools and entertainment was fine.

All in all an amazing hotel. One thing that we did notice was that the Russians who were there in force tend to be a little rude and certainly very short with the staff but this didnt spoil our holiday in anyway and just felt a little sorry for the staff who were amazing.

Would I come again... Hell yeah!

Much love from London

Edd

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Edd R
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Bahia Princess after a weeks stay via Thomsons.
Before you read the following, would I return, YES I would (looking to book again for May).
Some people have mentioned the plug socket issue, we took a small travel kettle and found 1 plug in the bathroom, if we needed more we unplugged the fridge as we did not use it, so no issue for us.
Location wise, I have been travelling to Tenerife for 20 years and think this area and adjoining Adeja area are the best by far.
In brief;
Good points;
Asked for a high floor, got 401 which overlooks the pool and has a partial sea view.
Great location, plenty of bars and restaurants nearby (both cheap and cheerful and also top end), but also quite around the hotel at sleep time.
Sun beds a plenty, no having to put a towel out.
Good service all round.
Great food (stayed half board), not the usual rat run at evening meal, exceptional service in the restaurant.
Room TV has all the UK channels.
Plenty of quite areas within the hotel if you prefer.
Child friendly, as in very few around (ours have now grown up!!).
Not so good points;
Extra charge for safe and fridge.
Wi-Fi quite expensive and even if you pay you can only get it around reception. Local bars offer free Wi-Fi and 1 euro a pint whilst your facebooking or whatever !!
I beach towel per week unless you pay a surcharge (only 1 euro or something tho), suppose it cuts down on the carbon emissions or something.
No shower caps in room, I’m bald so not an issue for me although the wife with a plastic bag on her head in the shower was quite amusing.
Sometimes run out of hot water in the shower.
Room 401, I thought was quite small but some guests stated there room was quite large !
Not the cheapest via Thomsons.

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay if you visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank jbkirky
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from 6th-13th Jan 2013 and we booked it because we have excellent service from the 2 previous Bahias we visited. Overall the hotel was excellent with food and amenities, staff and service generally very good. We only had 2 disappointments, the first being on arrival. These Bahias are generally large hotels so it is easy to get lost especially when you first arrive. We checked in and I asked about a safety deposit box and towel booking but the receptionist just wanted rid of us. She gave us a map with a line on it that was supposed to show us the way tour room which was at the very far end of the resort and down about 6 levels. On our way there with our luggage we were obviously looking lost and another holidaymaker stopped us and showed us the way. He said you can see with every new traveller that they can never find their way to the rooms an observation we had later in the week with others who arrived. So first impression wasn't great and I had to return to reception for safety deposit box etc. 2nd gripe was the gym. I visited 2 mornings in a row at 7.30 am and there were about 3-4 people working out. On the 3rd day I arrived at 7.30 am and it wasn't open because apparently, it doesn't open till 9.00 am a time when I want breakfast so I can get out on a sunbed. On the sunbed issue, no towels are supposed to be put out but I saw people laying out towels at 7.00 am and there were people who had been out before them. So a rule nobody adheres too.
Good points, generally service was excellent, food very good, hotel public areas kept very clean and I would say ideal for families even with very young children. My review may sound a bit critical but overall the hotel is very good it just fell short on the standards of the other 2 Bahias I have been too. Having said that, it wouldn't stop me returning if I got a good deal even though it is a bit noisy for couples without children.

Room Tip: All rooms have decent views but make sure you get proper directions to your room on arrival. You do...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fitandoverfifty
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just back from our new year in this excellent hotel..... please dont listen to people who moan about this hotel, it truely is the best hotel in costa adeje. The food is amazing, new year gala out of this world and the staff are so happy and friendly they cannot do enough for you. We would love to go back. Thank you to all the staff who work so hard.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank vicky w
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is an average mega-resort with all of the amenities found in similar style resort all over the area. There is a good variety of food but the gourmet flavor is missing since it is cook for the masses. The resort is worth visiting but do not fall in the scam of signing up for a membership. There are other resorts that have better amenities and services in the area.
With regards to my membership comments, I felt into this scheme and now I am hooked for the next 10 years. When the sales rep described the package, they made it sound great; however, when the time comes to redeem your membership, my experience with the reservation office is less than stellar. After paying in full for my Bahia Princess membership and the yearly maintenance fee they charge you, you become less important as proven when I tried to make reservations for the first two years of my membership. Because of the poor reservation customer service I experienced, I am still yet to secure a membership vacation period since I became a member two years ago. I deeply regret my membership purchase and will never, ever consider any other membership of this type in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DlsZorro
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the Bahia for a week Half board over christmas and really enjoyed this Hotel, which was very clean, beautiful relaxed place in a superb location just out of the heart of Torviscas. The rooms are very spacious and cleaned daily, new towels and soaps etc. The bar and terrace area are really nice but out of happy hour you do pay premium rates for snacks, drinks, hot beverages and ice creams. We are used to being all inclusive so to keep costs down we went across the road to La Flaca for free wi fi and alcoholic drinks and snacks. There is also a Spanish style off license up the road for all your booze, tonics and cigerettes. The food at the Bahia is probably the best I has expeerienced. Lovely dining room with great friendly staff, a huge choice of quality top end food, always hot and plenty choice to suit everyone. We must have had a fresh roast choice every eve plus fish and steaks cooked whilst you wait. Superb selection of salads, veg, deserts, soups and cheeses. Just one thing we were a little dissapointed with is that the safe and fridge in the room is chargeable and the wi fi too plus only one free pool towel, any changes again chargeable. The evening entertainment was good and seemed to offer a good selection for everyone. On the whole this is a superb hotel if you want a nice low key place to stay to enjoy your surroundings and make use of the hotels facilities. If you are after something a little more upbeat then a hotel closer to the centre or the Sunwin down the road would be more cost effective. Overall a superb hotel.

Room Tip: Brilliant choice for a nice place to stay, good on the border location and superd food. More suitabl...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple