“Excellent Christmas & New Year”

Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles
Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Costa Adeje
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed at this Hotel 22nd December 2009 until 5th January 2010. Having been there before on a number of occasions, we were very pleased to see the management and staff working hard to maintain the very good standards. It would appear that quite a number of people agree with us , as we met lots of guests that had stayed there before.
Keep up the good work Nivaria. My kind regards to mangement and staff. Looking forward to returning Christmas 2010.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caroline95
Jefe-de-reservas, Departamento Calidad at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2010

Thank you very much for your lovely comment on tripadvisor.com. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you are coming back. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Jardines de Nivaria at Christmas time!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,209)

Reviewed February 19, 2010

Well, where can I start....? I have just returned from a 2 week holiday at the Jardines de Nivaria and I can sum the whole experience up in one word .... "EXCELLENT". The Management and Staff deserve nothing but sincere praise for the excellent standards of service and facilites which without question are the best on offer in Tenerife.

In an attempt to assist all people on Trip Advisor who are looking to stay at this Hotel, I have summarised things under various headings to enable you to make an informed choice. As with all Hotels, I do have a few gripes/suggestions but these pale into insignificance when I consider the whole experience which was nothing short of perfection.

BEFORE YOU GO/BOOKING: In all fairness, the Hotel is quite pricey and as with most things in life, you get what you pay for (and a whole lot more at this Hotel!). I have stayed at this Hotel before and on my last visit in 2008, my only real gripe was the price of the accommodation which I booked in advance using the Hotel's website- more specifically as I had booked a Junior Suite with a sea view which did not meet my expectations. With this in mind, I certainly did my homework before making the booking - it is so important to shop around for the best price. It may come as a surprise but booking directly through the Hotel's website in my experience is much more expensive than the alternatives. The Hotel do offer a nominal discount to returning customers but even when you take this into account, there are still much cheaper options utilising other websites which is very disappointing. This time I booked the room through Thomson and saved around £600 when compared to what I would have paid directly with the Hotel so be warned and shop around!

ON ARRIVAL:On arrival, we were met by a porter before we had even got out of the taxi and he was extremely courteous and efficient so everything was off to a good start. The check-in process itself was sadly quite poor on this occasion which I suppose I should take some responsibility for!! Whilst there was no wait and I was dealt with instantly, I made the mistake of enquiring about the possibility of upgrading to a sea view room thinking it would be cheaper on the day rather than pre-booking. We were told to have a complimentary drink in the bar area whilst they checked what rooms were available.

We were then met by an extremely professional and charming person called Sara who showed us a few rooms with a sea view and we selected a room in "Masca" which was perfect. We were told to have a further complimentary drink whilst the room was made ready. About 5 minutes later we were advised by a very embarrassed receptionist that the room was sadly now not available. I remember reading a review on Trip Advisor concerning favourtism been given to others so I was a little annoyed that a room that was available suddenly became unavailable.

After another round of complimentary drinks, an apologetic Sara showed us a couple more rooms and we selected one in "Taganana" building which had recently been painted. The room was dusty and needed cleaning/preparation but we were assured this would be done and were told to have another drink. We were then summoned for the check-in process which was very professional and efficient. The Porter took our luggage to the room which was sadly in the same state we had left it but by this time, I could not face another trip back to reception for yet another drink!! We tidied the room ourselves which wasn't really acceptable but in retrospect, I should have booked a sea-view room in advance which would have much cheaper and hopefully a lot less stressful. A complimentary half bottle of wine and bowl of fruit was delivered moments after arrival at the room which was very much appreciated.

THE ROOM: The room itself was excellent in every respect being well furnished and comfortable. The bed was of excellent quality as were the furnishings. The room contains a safe, mini-bar, tv (with a wide choice of channels), telephones, free wi-fi (throughout the hotel) two comfortable chairs and on the balcony, 2 sunbeds a table with 2 chairs plus a sunshade. The balcony in this room was quite small but that's just an observation. The bathroom was rather basic really but there were plenty of complimentary toiletries and loads of fluffy towels. The dressing gown and slippers are also a nice touch although with the price you are paying - perhaps a new complimentary dressing gown would be nicer rather than a recycled one. The bathrobes we had were very tatty and ripped as a result of being well worn! The rooms were serviced twice a day to a very high standard and the little chocolates waiting for you when the beds were turned down again is a really nice idea.

On Valentine's evening, we were left a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine with two glasses which was again a really nice thoughtful touch. On the night before we left, a thank-you card and present was delivered to our room which really summed up the standards of service in this hotel - fantastic!!

I think the Hotel could consider providing tea/coffee making facilities and an iron/ironing board which I would expect in a Hotel of this class.

RESTAURANTS/BARS: We only ate at La Cupala restaurant next to the pool on this holiday and the standard of food and service was exceptional on the 3 or 4 occassions we ate there. We did not attend for the breakfast buffet even though it is included, but based on previous experience, you will find this an excellent buffet with plenty of choice and options served to you by friendly and attentive staff were nothing is too much trouble.

The staff in the Bar in the main building are extremely courteous and attentive - serving a wide range of drinks/cocktails. The decor inside is rather dated and the furnishings are very 70s and I would suggest this area needs a refurb sooner rather than later.

THE SPA: I attended the Spa on a number of occasions and I have to say that all the staff were lovely. The treatments were absolutely excellent and a I can totally recommend a trip to the Spa - you will love it.

THE POOLS/GARDENS: Wow, fantastic! There are 2 pools (one of which is heated) and a spa all set in lovely gardens/grounds. There are ample sunbeds and shades around the pool area and although the Hotel has a "towel removal" policy for those guests who decide to reserve their sunbeds at 4am and don't use them until 4pm in the afternoon - it didn't appear to be enforced. This was not a problem to us as there are ample beds although I should imagine that in the Summer, this could cause friction.

You are provided with 2 towels each which can be changed as often as you want. The staff are really nice too - always smiling and obliging! There is a bar/snack service available around the pool which is a little hit and miss. Waiting staff are summoned by pressing a button on the sunshades which supposedly sends a signal to the waiting staff to your location so you can request drinks but I think the pressing of the button should induce an electric shock to the waiting staff as you have usually passed out before/if they arrive!!

The pool areas are kept spotlessly clean with all the staff constantly cleaning and tidying up. The pool is a perfect place for relaxation and tranquility with palm trees swaying in the breeze and the sound of the waterfalls in the background - absolute heaven!

The gardens contain a putting green and kids play area and they are all maintained to an exceptionally high standard.

CHECK-OUT: The checking out process was very efficient and professional. As our flight only left at 8pm, we were given another room on the day we checked out to use until 6pm which was very much appreciated.

OTHER COMMENTS: All in all this Hotel is absolutely excellent and I will always stay here on trips to Tenerife as the service/facilities are second to none. There are a few areas that need refurbishment and a few suggestions that would improve the overall experience but they are only minor. I am conscious that there are a number of areas of the Hotel I have not mentioned due to not using them - but am aware that there is a tennis court/evening entertainment and other events.

A final word of advice - as said by a number of persons reviewing this Hotel, the overwhelming majority of the Guests are in their twilight years and sometimes you could mistake the Hotel for a retirement home. As a result, the Hotel is quite tranquil/calm and not really suited to persons wanting loud music or a good splash in the pool! I am sure the Summer months are much more lively although avoid "out of season" times if you are looking for lively, fun and frolics :-)

2  Thank TheHotelInspector1

Thank you so much for your nice comment on tripadvisor.com. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in JARDINES DE NIVARIA, in spite of the drawbacks of the first day. Of course we will consider your comments to keep on improving. We really look forward to your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of some help.

Reviewed February 18, 2010

This was our second trip to Tenerife and Playa Fanabe and the first stay at Jardines Nivaria. We had spent a week and had booked a suite with seaview and romantic package. I had in remind an another review here and we was anxious about the room when we arrived. And yes it was in House Guajani, just behind the beach promenade. Not what I had in remind when i booked it. To small for a suite, yes, separate bedroom and livingroom but together like an nomal double. We expressed our disappointment at the reception about this and asked for a suit in the Masca building who has muttch better and more modern room.They was helpful and we were offered some alternatives superiour suits who I will called suits. The suit we choosen was mutch better with a beautiful seaview. we where offered this against a additional charge... We asked to get the flowers from the old room but this never come. After this we had a lovely week. We had some meal at the restaurant beside the pool. Wonderful staf and very good food.
A lot of guest here at lunch and dinner. The poolbar was very cosy too for a light lunch or snack. The breakfast buffé was excellent with a lovely terrace. We had a choise to eat the breakfast ala carte in the La Casa restaurant but we think it was better at the buffé. In our pacage we had a romantic dinner in the La Casa restaurant. The staff here was also very helpful but the recomanded and presetting menu was not in our taste. The cocktail bar was great and specially the Irish coffee, the best. Totaly when we now know the hotel we think it was very well. Next time it will be more easy to find where in the building(s) we like to live. Perfect hotel, perfect size for relaxing and away from the noisy tourism and near enough to visit it if we want. The poolarea and the garden are very lovely.

1  Thank Globeist
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent bars and restaurants. Beautiful large winding pool with all sorts of different huge palmtrees all round. Pool water is warm. Our room was large and comfortable. Between hotel and beach is a pleasant promenade but with many cheap food places, so one is not tempted to go out of the hotel grounds much.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind comment on tripadvisor.com. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We would be very pleased to welcome you again in Jardines de Nivaria. Please do not hesista to contact us, should you need any information. We remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed February 7, 2010

This was my first visit to this hotel and we will certainly return. We had booked a suite with sea view and on arrival we were upgraded to a superior suite with sea view in the Masca building which I now understand has been recently refurbished.
The room was excellent with uninterrupted views, a nice although small balcony and everything about the room, particularly the bathroom was beautifully finished.
The staff were all attentive, pleasant and efficient. Our tariff was b&b and we were invited to have breakfast in the a la carte dining room and this was a really wonderful way to start any day, food and service were exceptional.
The general standard of the hotel is excellent and the pool area excells with large amounts of furniture and beautiful flora.
In summary an excellent holiday in an excellent 5*+ hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert4292

We would like to thank you for sharing your charming opinion with us on tripadvisor.com. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your first stay in our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next stay. If you should need any information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed January 23, 2010

I've just returned from a 10 day holiday at the Jardines, my second visit to the hotel (I stayed for 1 week around 7 years ago). It was good then but even better now and in these challenging finiancial times I think that shows that the strength of this well managed hotel. It is run to a high standard and attention to detail is very high on the agenda. The hotel is gleaming with cleanliness, the staff are busy first thing in the morning and the caring, professional standard carries on throughout the day through room servicing, pool service, bar/restaurant service etc.

The rooms are spacious and well equipped, lovely balcony with adequate and comfortable furniture and lovely chocolates on your pillow each night at turn down!

Entertainment varied each night from USA deep South singers to African acrobats, all excellent and the resident band 'The Sunshine Band' are lovely guys who played dance/easy listening music either side of the feature act,

The pool areas are excellent, one pool heated which is lovely and the beach is very nearby and also lovely.

I could write a lot more but suffice to say this is a hotel that I would definitely recommend and my thanks go to the staff and management for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2010

A beautiful hotel with great rooms. As this was my second visit we were treated to all sorts of special treatment which was really unexpected - it's not like we weren't treated well the first time around.
The cocktail bar (with tiffany glass) does amazing cocktails and the lobby bar is also great. The restaurants are a little disappointing but given the exceedingly high standard of everything else, you feel very picky to mention it.
It is a quiet hotel - no-one makes much noise anywhere which is heaven for me, although families with children or anyone looking for a lively hotel would be very disappointed.
I'll be going back again as soon as I can justify a week off.

• Stayed: October 2009
Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa
Iberostar Anthelia
Iberostar Anthelia
#5 of 61 in Costa Adeje

Been to Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles? Share your experiences!