“Great Hotel”

Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Costa Adeje
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I could not disagree with any of the recent comments on the Jardines de Nivaria - yes, I can see that it would not suit kids, but then the UK holiday firm only sell it as a 'couples' hotel. Yes, the average age of guests is 70+ (which makes them a whole year older than me!) but it was still pretty lively, and the Russian and Ukranian guests bought the average age down considerably. Our room was very good (pool, garden and sea view - though the sea was a long way off) and the whole place was extremely clean and looked cared for. The staff were excellent and we had a good rapport with restaurant, bar and coffee shop employees - they really seem to care about their jobs. So why have I only given 4 rather than 5 stars? The food, though plentiful and beautifully presented, was self service (though I knew this in advance) and it all tasted a bit 'samey' - I had a different pudding each night and would have been pushed to identify one from the other. However, this is such a personal observation I would not wish it to put anyone off going.

Thank Keith and Louis... H
GM_Adrian_Hoteles, Director General at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking some time and writing a comment here on TA.
We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you liked everything in general. Talking about the food is such a subjective thing, and it depends a lot on everyone´s different taste that it is difficult to comment on that. Or to discuss it. We also have an a-la-carte restaurant, La Cúpula, which you should try next time, we are sure you will love it.

We hope to welcome you again in the future and assure you our best services at all times.

There are newer reviews for Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just returned from a week's stay and was impressed with what we encountered. We had a ground floor room facing the pool area and were able to sit out on our verandah within any provided by flowering shrubs and hedges. Fresh fruit and a small bottle of wine were provided as a nice gesture in our room upon arrival.The room itself was more than adequate with nice toiletries in bathroom. We were offered a choice of how many times we wanted the bed linen and towels etc changed. The room was kept spotless and chocolates were left each evening.
The hotel is very well run and the staff were more than helpful with any request or question we asked of them. The pool and grounds re beautiful and there were plenty of sunbeds for all to enjoy. On our last day, we had to check out at midday, however, a very nice room was provided for us to shower and change as we were not bein picked up for our flight until 8.00pm.
The hotel is more suited for those wanting to just chill out without any loud background loud music spoiling relaxation time during the day. Entertainment was provided every evening and was good and varied. Certainly not a place for the Club 18 - 30 age group, and fortunately for us, there were no screaming kids running uncontrolled around the place which can often be very annoying (glad we went during school to time!) there was some building refurbishment works going on in the sea facing rooms closest to the promenade, but noise was kept to a minimum and didn't reall bother or affect us. As for comments about the average age being over 70! Yes there were some guests that were elderly - and why not - but plenty of guests in the 20 - 60 age group also, with a sprinkling of couples with young babies who seemed to be having a wonderful time.
We recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to enjoy high standards of cleanliness, good food and excellent staff.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a sea view room
4  Thank Cosh2

Thank you so much for your lovely comment about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time here and are glad to read that you can recommend us.
We always do our best to make the stay of our clients as enjoyable as possible and hope we did so in your case too.

We hope to see you again in our installations in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we could do for you.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed at the jardine for 8 nights. The hotel is very nice overall but rooms are pretty average. The pool area tho and the main building are first class and are what you would expect for a 5 star hotel. Have to agree with other people's comments it is mainly full of people 70+ but that does make it quite. Staff were very helpful and upgraded us to a better room but still had a poor view which was the only downside. Other than that this is a really good hotel and worth going too!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank bf15

Thank you very much for your comment here on TA. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in general and that you can recommend staying with us.
We are renovating the rooms bit by bit, because we cannot close the hotel but don't want to disturb our guests either. But we are working on modernizing them.

We hope to welcome you again in the future and remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Perfect hotel, very friendly staff, perfect room with a view..... Full board and it was perfect!! Great food too! There is only one big minor point: the average age of the guests in the hotel is 70+. That is not a good combination with two kids. Playing in the pool was basically not allowed. Swimming is a major part of the holiday-fun. Hardly any other kids to play with. That's the reason we will not come back, even though i would recommend the accommodation highly!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Diederik R
GM_Adrian_Hoteles, Director General at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive words about your stay with us.

We are more than happy to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and it's services. It is true that we have mostly eldery clients, nevertheless children are welcome in our hotel.
Unfortunately you said you won't come back to us but we can recomend our 5star Roca Nivaria Gran Hotel, which is our family hotel in Playa Paraíso on Tenerife. We do have a baby and children clun and offer animation as well. Furhtermore we also provide family rooms. So maybe this hotel would be an option for you.

Please let us know, if you should have any further question, or if there is anything that we could do for you.

It would be a pleasure welcoming you again in one of our Adrián hotels.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good start to the holiday with an attentive front desk who sorted our room in a matter of minutes. These rooms are rustic, clean, everything is there, bottle of wine and fruit. Rooms are dark and do not have sufficient storage space. The air conditioning works poorly, no thermostat, just three settings. One of our power sockets was loose so be careful if you have children. The bathroom is complete, shower in the bath with low entry. We were half board with the usual buffet breakfast and dinner. Nothing special to rave about here in fact the salad bar and deserts need a lot of attention as the choice was small and poor. Great pool area with comfortable beds.

Majority of areas were perfect with very attentive service, if fact all the staff were excellent. However every hotel has its drawbacks. This hotel is currently under going refurbishment (3 months May to July) and depending where you are around the pool you may be subject to construction noise. We are a couple in our 50's looking for a relaxing holiday and the last thing we wanted was noise so we moved out after 4 days of a 10 day holiday. The hotel did however tried to minimise the disruption to its customers but unfortunately its difficult to reduce noise. So with one block out of five closed for refurbishment it meant that the buffet restaurant and sun loungers were not as busily. Would not like to be there if the hotel was full as the pool and dinning areas are not very large.

Room Tip: Some of the high floors have loungers available, may be handy to have when the hotel is busy.
1  Thank Broonie-1

Thank you very much for your comment here in TA.

We are glad that you liked your stay in general and hope that we might see you again in the future.

We remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was absolutely enchanted by this hotel!
I was in room 108 at first floor in Ucanca building.
I can highly recommend this room and this floor, because not only that it has a sea view but it has also a large terrace, this is the only floor in this building which has it, others have only some small balconies.
Also the Masca building is most indicated if you care for a sea view.
This is definitelly a 5 star hotel, starting from the reception and the public areas, continuing with the very nice decorated rooms and the very attentive landscaped garden - indeed, THE GARDENS OF NIVARIA!
I also used a couple of times the fitness centre, very well equiped. The hall was some resting places with all kind of books which you could read or just sit and admire the tranquility of the place.
The atmosphere in the hotel, restaurant, pools, reception was classy, tranquil; the personnel and the guests were nice and respectfull.
The reception people were very nice and helpfull, the room cleaning was exquisite - and I say that because I never saw anyone from the cleaning but everytime when I went back to my room everything was tide-up, spotless clean - this is the definition of a 5 star service by me! Also the garden was tended and all the plants and trees in the garden were labeled so the guest could see their names.
The breakfast was a dream, with lots and lots of options to choose from, including champagne and crabsticks. I had only the breakfast in this hotel because I wanted to have no hourly restrictions to my vacation.
I went the first afternoon I arrived on the beach but it was not appealing at all to me, but appaulling! I could not get passed by the bad sensation I had seeing that black sand! Then the sea shore was quite steep with strong currents definitelly not recommended for an inexperienced swimmer like me. I read about it in other reviews but I wanted to check it for myself, unfortunatelly it was the true! So I went at the hotel pool everytime I wanted to sunbathe. Very nice big-big pool with a lot of
sunchairs to sit in the shadow or in the sun. I usually don't use pools I like the sea&sand better but this time the pool was a much better option.
I used to sit on the sun-terrace in front of Masca building which has a large panoramic overview of the beach and ocean front and enjoy every minute of beeing there.
I went also to Playa del Duque in search for that golden sand I read about in other reviews but I was not impressed so I stayed faithfull to the hotel pool. However, the promenade to Playa de Duque is a nice walk with a very nice view so while you are there you can take this stroll!
The evening entertainment in the hotel was attractive, every eveining there was a different show, besides the dancing music and relaxing atmosphere in the garden. The top of it for me it was the evening with the show of asian acrobats - very spectacular!
The drinks are a little expensive (7 - 10 euro) but hey, it's a 5 star hotel!
Another moment to remember was the Michael Bolton concert I attended while I was on the island. The Adrian Hotels were among the sponsors of this concert so I got the transport to/from the concert for a small fee of 6 euro and taken care by the hotel. The show was on an old golf terrain and it was incredible to me, I am a fan of Michael Bolton!
The weather was ok, not too hot, one morning was a little cloudy so I took a long stroll on the promenade starting in Costa Adeje from the Playa Fanabe to Playa de las Americas. I went back taking a bus near the Arona Pyramids which took me back near H. Isla Bonita, very close to my hotel. Here are all the usual stops for the organized trips buses and also for the regular buses on the island.
At lunch time I used to go at Centro Comercial San Miguel which is close to the hotel where there are shops and supermarket where I could buy fresh fruits, yogurts for refreshment after staying in the sun.
There are also a lot of other shops on the promenade going down to the beach. I say going down because the whole coastline in this area is aslope. You need to have good feet and good cardiac rythm to fully enjoy your vacation here! The hotel has a lift to the beach, in the begining I found it funny later I understood how usefull it was :). For the shops, nothing special to mention, souvenirs, cheap replicas of mostly everything in electronics, jewelry and clothes.
I went on some organized trips by the travel agency I came with so I can recommend a few.
A nice trip I took was to Mount Teide for 30 euro, where I saw all the strange rocks formations the guide was very eager to show us and really got an ideea of the vulcanic origin of this island. Didn't went up with the cable car to the top, I regret that but the long lines of people waiting to get in were really discouraging. You can also take a bus to the Teide and it will get you much cheaper.
I didn't went to Loro Park or to AquaLand, I talked to some friends who were there before me but I wasn't very attracted to loose half of beach day for that.
One trip worth to take which I cannot recommend enough is the trip to La Gomera island for 80 euro. You go there by ferry from Port Los Cristianos and then by bus on La Gomera. It's a very spectacular scenery, a mix of south american landscape with hot beaches, cold forests, green terraces. I am not exagerating, for this trip please take a wolen sweater and some long trousers. The differences between the micro-climates on this island is incredible, in 6 hours I was in hot summer - warm spring - wet&chilly autumn while we were going up on the top of the mountains and then back at sea level. The guide we had was a fantastic guy, a lot of information, a very friendly and dynamic person I will not forget soon. You can get a trip on your own with the ferry but you will loose all the interesting information about this island.
Another nice trip I took was a cruise on Atlantic Ocean for 50 euro with the boat Shogun, we saw Los Gigantes rocks and the whole rocky coast of Adeje and admired the dolphins when we went at deep sea, that is ocean. Lunch and drinks was included and the host was a funny guy trying to do his best to entertain all the 100-150 people in this cruise. The not so nice part of this cruise was for all the people who felt sea-sick, and I have an advice for them: don't book cruises on deep sea unless you are sure you will not be sea-sick! The cruise was half day with no stop to get off, so these people really struggled in the back of the ship with the sea-sick while the rest of the people where singing, drinking, eating in the front of the ship. It was funny I say, because I was in the front of the ship otherwise this would have been a very unpleasant half of day. I really felt sorry for the people in the back...
For night entertainment I can recommend the Carmen Mota flamenco show at the Arona Pyramids for 45 euro (variant without dinner) - this was the real highlight of my vacation. I am absolutelly in love with dancing, and I was totally enchanted by this show, it was Aire show. If it's still running today please go see it because it's a must! I got back to the hotel by tasxi, there are a lot of them in the centre near the Pyramids, they are cheap and realiable.
While I was at the Arona Pyramids I also strolled in the many-many shops there and so the light-show of the colored water fountains - very nice!
I was impressed in general with the architecture on this island, some buildings looked like they were growing out of the rocky ground at all kind of degrees more or less than vertical.
As a conclusion this vacation had the WOW effect on me and for this reason a piece of my heart remained in Tenerife, hope to get there some time again in order to retrieve it :)

Room Tip: Ucanca building first floor. Masca building, too.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank DiniBucharest

Thank you so much for this complete comment about your stay with us, your gained experiences and your trips on Tenerife and La Gomera. We are very glad to sea that you knew how to enjoy your holidays and that you liked what you werde doing.
It was a pleasure reading your friendly words and we are happy to see that you wanted to share your experiences with all the other TA users.
Once again we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a complete comment and, of course, for having stayed with us.

We hope to welcome you again in the future and remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The kind and attentive front desk gave us after the early entry another but already cleaned room. These rooms are rustic, clean, everything is there, even water, bottle of wine and nuts as a service. The air conditioning works poorly, no thermostat. The bathroom is complete, shower in the bath with low entry. Excellent breakfast, great pool restaurant. Everywhere perfect and very attentive service. Negative was the massiveness. In the morning waiting in line for breakfast, and the vast amount of sun loungers by the pool that were early held, so the chance to get a chair during the day was small.

Room Tip: ask for a room with balcony on the pool side
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GM_Adrian_Hoteles, Director General at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you very much for your comment about your gained experiences in our hotel.
To avoid queuing at breakfast, we recommend going or earlier in the morning or rather to the end of breakfast. These are the quieter times.
We offer plenty of sunbeds and if you cannot find any around the pool, there are a couple of more sunbeds on our sun terrace. In general we do have enough sun beds for our clients.
We are happy to read that you have enjoyed our pool restaurant and your stay in general and hope to welcome you again in the future.