“Fabulos stay in Tenerife!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Costa Adeje
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bucharest
“Fabulos stay in Tenerife!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was absolutely enchanted by this hotel!
I was in room 108 at first floor in Ucanca building.
I can highly recommend this room and this floor, because not only that it has a sea view but it has also a large terrace, this is the only floor in this building which has it, others have only some small balconies.
Also the Masca building is most indicated if you care for a sea view.
This is definitelly a 5 star hotel, starting from the reception and the public areas, continuing with the very nice decorated rooms and the very attentive landscaped garden - indeed, THE GARDENS OF NIVARIA!
I also used a couple of times the fitness centre, very well equiped. The hall was some resting places with all kind of books which you could read or just sit and admire the tranquility of the place.
The atmosphere in the hotel, restaurant, pools, reception was classy, tranquil; the personnel and the guests were nice and respectfull.
The reception people were very nice and helpfull, the room cleaning was exquisite - and I say that because I never saw anyone from the cleaning but everytime when I went back to my room everything was tide-up, spotless clean - this is the definition of a 5 star service by me! Also the garden was tended and all the plants and trees in the garden were labeled so the guest could see their names.
The breakfast was a dream, with lots and lots of options to choose from, including champagne and crabsticks. I had only the breakfast in this hotel because I wanted to have no hourly restrictions to my vacation.
I went the first afternoon I arrived on the beach but it was not appealing at all to me, but appaulling! I could not get passed by the bad sensation I had seeing that black sand! Then the sea shore was quite steep with strong currents definitelly not recommended for an inexperienced swimmer like me. I read about it in other reviews but I wanted to check it for myself, unfortunatelly it was the true! So I went at the hotel pool everytime I wanted to sunbathe. Very nice big-big pool with a lot of
sunchairs to sit in the shadow or in the sun. I usually don't use pools I like the sea&sand better but this time the pool was a much better option.
I used to sit on the sun-terrace in front of Masca building which has a large panoramic overview of the beach and ocean front and enjoy every minute of beeing there.
I went also to Playa del Duque in search for that golden sand I read about in other reviews but I was not impressed so I stayed faithfull to the hotel pool. However, the promenade to Playa de Duque is a nice walk with a very nice view so while you are there you can take this stroll!
The evening entertainment in the hotel was attractive, every eveining there was a different show, besides the dancing music and relaxing atmosphere in the garden. The top of it for me it was the evening with the show of asian acrobats - very spectacular!
The drinks are a little expensive (7 - 10 euro) but hey, it's a 5 star hotel!
Another moment to remember was the Michael Bolton concert I attended while I was on the island. The Adrian Hotels were among the sponsors of this concert so I got the transport to/from the concert for a small fee of 6 euro and taken care by the hotel. The show was on an old golf terrain and it was incredible to me, I am a fan of Michael Bolton!
The weather was ok, not too hot, one morning was a little cloudy so I took a long stroll on the promenade starting in Costa Adeje from the Playa Fanabe to Playa de las Americas. I went back taking a bus near the Arona Pyramids which took me back near H. Isla Bonita, very close to my hotel. Here are all the usual stops for the organized trips buses and also for the regular buses on the island.
At lunch time I used to go at Centro Comercial San Miguel which is close to the hotel where there are shops and supermarket where I could buy fresh fruits, yogurts for refreshment after staying in the sun.
There are also a lot of other shops on the promenade going down to the beach. I say going down because the whole coastline in this area is aslope. You need to have good feet and good cardiac rythm to fully enjoy your vacation here! The hotel has a lift to the beach, in the begining I found it funny later I understood how usefull it was :). For the shops, nothing special to mention, souvenirs, cheap replicas of mostly everything in electronics, jewelry and clothes.
I went on some organized trips by the travel agency I came with so I can recommend a few.
A nice trip I took was to Mount Teide for 30 euro, where I saw all the strange rocks formations the guide was very eager to show us and really got an ideea of the vulcanic origin of this island. Didn't went up with the cable car to the top, I regret that but the long lines of people waiting to get in were really discouraging. You can also take a bus to the Teide and it will get you much cheaper.
I didn't went to Loro Park or to AquaLand, I talked to some friends who were there before me but I wasn't very attracted to loose half of beach day for that.
One trip worth to take which I cannot recommend enough is the trip to La Gomera island for 80 euro. You go there by ferry from Port Los Cristianos and then by bus on La Gomera. It's a very spectacular scenery, a mix of south american landscape with hot beaches, cold forests, green terraces. I am not exagerating, for this trip please take a wolen sweater and some long trousers. The differences between the micro-climates on this island is incredible, in 6 hours I was in hot summer - warm spring - wet&chilly autumn while we were going up on the top of the mountains and then back at sea level. The guide we had was a fantastic guy, a lot of information, a very friendly and dynamic person I will not forget soon. You can get a trip on your own with the ferry but you will loose all the interesting information about this island.
Another nice trip I took was a cruise on Atlantic Ocean for 50 euro with the boat Shogun, we saw Los Gigantes rocks and the whole rocky coast of Adeje and admired the dolphins when we went at deep sea, that is ocean. Lunch and drinks was included and the host was a funny guy trying to do his best to entertain all the 100-150 people in this cruise. The not so nice part of this cruise was for all the people who felt sea-sick, and I have an advice for them: don't book cruises on deep sea unless you are sure you will not be sea-sick! The cruise was half day with no stop to get off, so these people really struggled in the back of the ship with the sea-sick while the rest of the people where singing, drinking, eating in the front of the ship. It was funny I say, because I was in the front of the ship otherwise this would have been a very unpleasant half of day. I really felt sorry for the people in the back...
For night entertainment I can recommend the Carmen Mota flamenco show at the Arona Pyramids for 45 euro (variant without dinner) - this was the real highlight of my vacation. I am absolutelly in love with dancing, and I was totally enchanted by this show, it was Aire show. If it's still running today please go see it because it's a must! I got back to the hotel by tasxi, there are a lot of them in the centre near the Pyramids, they are cheap and realiable.
While I was at the Arona Pyramids I also strolled in the many-many shops there and so the light-show of the colored water fountains - very nice!
I was impressed in general with the architecture on this island, some buildings looked like they were growing out of the rocky ground at all kind of degrees more or less than vertical.
As a conclusion this vacation had the WOW effect on me and for this reason a piece of my heart remained in Tenerife, hope to get there some time again in order to retrieve it :)

Room Tip: Ucanca building first floor. Masca building, too.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank DiniBucharest
GM_Adrian_Hoteles, Director General at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for this complete comment about your stay with us, your gained experiences and your trips on Tenerife and La Gomera. We are very glad to sea that you knew how to enjoy your holidays and that you liked what you werde doing.
It was a pleasure reading your friendly words and we are happy to see that you wanted to share your experiences with all the other TA users.
Once again we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a complete comment and, of course, for having stayed with us.

We hope to welcome you again in the future and remain at your entire disposal.

the Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vinkeveen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

The kind and attentive front desk gave us after the early entry another but already cleaned room. These rooms are rustic, clean, everything is there, even water, bottle of wine and nuts as a service. The air conditioning works poorly, no thermostat. The bathroom is complete, shower in the bath with low entry. Excellent breakfast, great pool restaurant. Everywhere perfect and very attentive service. Negative was the massiveness. In the morning waiting in line for breakfast, and the vast amount of sun loungers by the pool that were early held, so the chance to get a chair during the day was small.

Room Tip: ask for a room with balcony on the pool side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Adrian_Hoteles, Director General at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment about your gained experiences in our hotel.
To avoid queuing at breakfast, we recommend going or earlier in the morning or rather to the end of breakfast. These are the quieter times.
We offer plenty of sunbeds and if you cannot find any around the pool, there are a couple of more sunbeds on our sun terrace. In general we do have enough sun beds for our clients.
We are happy to read that you have enjoyed our pool restaurant and your stay in general and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have just returned from 8 days in Costa Adeje at the Jardins De Navaria-our 4th stay.We have not been for 3 years but have to say the hotel has improved again from our previous experiences.Staff are incredibly helpful,standards are higher and there is a more "upmarket feel".Standards have to be high-the hotel is surrounded by fierce competition in Adeje from other 5* hotels but having visited most of them,the Nivaria still feels the best.
During our stay there was major building refurbishment going on at the front of the hotel-however building work did not detract from our enjoyment and would be nit picking.
Would recommend the Junior suite-we had an excellent room,wide spaced terrace/veranda and a great sea view.
Only down side,its a 4hr slog in a Ryan air flight with no seat adjustment-still cant get used to it.

Room Tip: Head for the junior suites and ask for a sea view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your nice comment and, of course, for having stayed with us for a 4th time. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your fourth stay with us and that you could see that we did some improvements to maintain our high standard.
We hope to see you again in the future and remain at your entire disposal.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, if there is anything we could do for you regarding any upcoming stay with us.

the Mangement.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed 5 nights and wished we had booked for longer. We loved so many things about our stay. Friendly staff, location, relaxing idyllic pool area with 2 towels provided, quality breakfast, free bike hire, large bed, very clean suite and sunny balcony.

Lovely restaurants and beach nearby at Dunque, check out Torre Del Mirador. We didn't eat dinner or lunch at the hotel but the breakfast was amazing.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite on the 4th floor of Taganana block (409), upgraded at check in from a st...
1 Thank PelosiA
Thank you very much for publishing a comment here on TA. We are pleased that you had a lovely time with us and hope that you will stay longer next time.

We assure you our best services at all times and remain at your entire disposal.

Kind regards from Tenerife,

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two years ago and loved it, so to return and find it even better meant we were going to have a great holiday. The hotel is beautifully designed, offers lots of choice in areas to relax, in and out of doors, and the restaurants offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Rooms are spotlessly clean and bedroom /bathroom linen high quality. We found the beds a little hard for our personal taste. The pools are set in gorgeous gardens and you can access the beach and very pretty walks in both directions from the back of the hotel. Turn left at the front and you reach a lovely shopping centre at Plaza del Duque. The hotel also provides free parking.
As others have said, the outstanding feature of this hotel is the quality of the staff, who manage to cater for large numbers of people and still make you feel special and a valued guest.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your nice words about your second stay with us. We are very glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We always try our best to accomplish the wishes of our guests to make their stay as perfect as possible.
We hope to seeing you again in the future and assure you our best services at all times.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 6 nights recently. Although the weather was poor we loved the hotel. OK, it may not be a '5 star' when comparing to other hotels we've stayed in we both thought that the staff was what set this place apart from many others. (Particular shout out to the female lifeguard, who spent a lot of time doing the rounds checking on the guests and entertaining the kids in the pool) We ate most evenings at La Cascada and found the food to be good quality. The only thing missing was a decent salad. We're already looking to book our next stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GeoDub
Thank you very much for your comment here on TA. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our staff always do their best to make the stay of our clients as enjoyable as possible and we are glad that you noticed it.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel in the future and remain at your entire disposal.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here in july last year and can confirm every positive comments about this hotel, re the person who had a traumatic experience, we also stayed in G block room 310 although it wasn't on the ground floor, we never had an issue with security, security at this hotel is great, in fact we went back to this hotel in december just to show some friends who were thinking of joining us again this july, and we were stopped by security on entering the hotel, they know exactly who is staying there. I cannot understand why you would leave £7000 of personal belonging in your hotel room, when there is a free safe, sorry no excuse, the breakfast is the best i've ever seen, the staff are freindly, and a wonderfulf location, the only problem we had, there was a cocroach that kept on appearing in our room, but they came to spray it, but couldn't find it, then it crawled over me in bed, I did complain to reception and stated that I was a bit dissapointed as we had booked a junior suite with sea view, which although was nice, there were better superior rooms, which were cheaper, we were there for 10 days and I think this was the 7th day, the head of reception said I should of said something sooner, which I agree I should of, {were not the sort of people to complain} she assured me that if we return she will make sure we have a better room, we cannot wait to return in july, overall, we had a wonderful time in a wonderful hotel and the beach at playa del Duque is beautiful.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your honest and also friendly words about your last stay with us.
It was a pleasure reading your comment here on TA and we are happy that you wrote so honest about what you think about our hotel and other comments.
Please let us know as soon as possible what dates you are coming to be able to book a nice room for you, as mentioned from our head of reception.
We are looking forward to hearing / reading from you and of course welcoming you again in our hotel.

Kind regards and take care.

The Management.