“Great Hotel, Good Area”

Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Costa Adeje
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Have just returned 8th October after 1 week half board, excellent hotel, spotlessly clean, room cleaned daily, bed changed every second day, towels twice per day. Sunbed covers and towels provided daily or more frequently if needed. We were upgraded from a standard room to a garden room free of charge and allowed our room the day we left until 6pm instead of 12 mid day. Large room, comfortable beds, flatscreen TV with English channels, safe, toilet, bidet, bath with shower above and double sinks.
All staff polite and kind especially our waiter Jesus (Hesus), had some good chats with him and our cleaning lady.
Hotel provided Gluten Free food without a problem and each day these foods were pointed out to my husband. Food was excellent with huge choice at every meal.
Evening entertainment was good with the exception of the circus act. The chinese act was excellent.
There was a lady who did fruit and vegetable carving and she was excellent to watch and talk to, we spent some time with her, we photographed her work for my daughters college work.
My only gripes are:- The drinks fridge in the rooms can only be used for hotel drinks and not personal use for drinks and medications. We completed a survey for the hotel and they phoned us in our room and we informed them of this. Water should be provided at evening meal to drink.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn G
Jefe-de-reservas, Director General at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

First of all we would like to thank you for your time writing a comment abour your stay with us. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your time here and that you had a relaxing time with us and our staff. We are happy to read that you liked the room upgrade which we have do in some occasions. If the availabiliy lets us, we try to organise late check out, like we did for you. But this is not always the case because it depends on how full the hotel is.
We hope that you may come back to us one day, it would be a pleassure for us welcoming you again in our establishment.

There are newer reviews for Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Just returned from another trip to the Jardines de Nivaria and it's the little things which really make your stay special. Stayed in the Presidential Suite again, nothing too much trouble for any of the staff at the hotel.
Both the a la carte and buffet restaurants have excellent service at breakfast and as we stay bed & breakfast, lots of really good restaurants just a short walk from the hotel such as Capri, serving great Italian food in the evening.
The best thing about the hotel is that every member of staff makes an effort to help you enjoy your stay.
Fantastic hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Jefe-de-reservas, Director General at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you very much for your nice words about your stay with us and for sharing your experiences with other tripadvisor subscribers. We are glad to read that you had a nice stay with us and hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Please do not hesitate to get back to us, as we are always happy to help.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Hotel
Upon our arrival at the Jardines de Nivaria the porter quickly took control of the luggage and escorted us to reception. Reception whizzed through booking in process and informed me that we were receiving a complimentary upgrade. Why is it that so many other TA subscribers get upgrades to a suite whilst I get the dressing gowns, slippers and a bottle of plonk. Kismet I guess.
The porter guided us to our room in the Costa Adeje block and gave a quick explanation of the card operated safe and air con.
The room is very nice and is quite generously proportioned. There are two single beds pushed together to form a double, (actually, the singles are made up as such so the sheets are securely tucked in thereby inhibiting any nocturnal attempts at unsolicited hanky panky) two armchairs plus a small round table for your complimentary bottle of plonk and bowl of fruit. There is plenty of storage space in the wardrobes which have hinged doors rather than the sliding types. The room faces over the pool/garden area, a small putting green and through palm type trees toward the sea. The beach is not visible from this block which in fact is no bad thing. The balcony has a table and two chairs plus two sun beds. There is really no point in the sun beds as from head to toe they span front to back of the balcony on this floor (4th) and simply get in the way. A couple of adjustable recliner type chairs would be more useful. The floors below have much larger balconies and are fine for the beds.
The impressively tiled bathroom is excellent with double wash basins, a roomy and powerful shower, bath, wc and bidet. Towelling dressing gowns and shower gels etc. are also provided. There is a hair dryer in a drawer between the basins. Nice fluffy towels are changed just about every day, as is the bed linen. (You can request that this be less frequent if you are serious about saving polar ice caps and polar bears)
There is a flat screen TV on the room wall but the signal quality was atrocious and so we only used it occasionally to catch up on the BBC news at six. I couldn’t stand to watch regular programming on the thing. Finally there is a mini-bar in which you are forbidden to place your own beverages. There is a charge if you do apparently. No coffee or tea making facilities are provided though you may decide to look a cheapskate and ask at reception for a small kettle, ask for cups at the same time otherwise you will just get the kettle. (mine leaked and so I gave up on it)

Restaurants.

There are three restaurants in the hotel. There is the buffet style in the main building, another `a la carte again in the main building and the third is by the pool. (`a la carte)
The buffet is a sit at any table you choose arrangement. At dinner I believe guests can elect to have waiter service on some of the menu items but I didn’t notice anyone doing this. There is a dress code which means long trousers and “closed” shoes for the gentlemen and anything considered fashionable for the ladies. (It seems hot pants are making a come-back which can’t be a bad thing)
I saw one smartly dressed Iranian family turned away at the door because the husband was wearing sandals, albeit very expensive looking ones. As he looked as though he could afford to buy the hotel I thought his treatment ridiculous when looking around at some of the strange get ups some guests wear.
Breakfast has the usual array of cereals and an impressive choice of fruits along with selections of cold meats etc. As the hotel caters for guests from all over then this suits many people.
If you want the typical English fry up then you are going to have a mixed experience depending upon who is trying to fry an egg or grill a bit of streaky bacon. On my first morning the poor guy on the egg grill must have broken about 50% of the eggs yolks each time he cracked the shell. I felt for the poor soul as he scraped away at the hot plate removing the unsuccessful attempts. Don’t for heavens sake ask for the “easy over” option or you’ll be there all day. Bacon instead of being crispy as you would expect of this cut is often just the opposite. The next day the staff level was down to one and a poor girl was stuck with trying to do the fry ups as well as well as cooking a Spanish omelette for a Spanish guest. As she had no idea how this was done he was giving her instructions as she went along, meanwhile of course her eggs and bacon were being quietly destroyed at the other end of the counter. I gave up on that option and settled for cereal and on a few occasions a luke-warm boiled egg. There are numerous bread options including slice your own but watch out for the people who do not use the towel provided to hold the bread, using their bare hands instead.
Attentive waiters bring coffee pots to the table but I usually used a machine which made espresso.

Lunch
at the hotel is served in the “Cascade” restaurant by the pool. The temperature here is normally high as there is little breeze. There is a forest of sun shades to keep the sun off which means of course that a lot of floor space is taken up by parasol stands, looks good but it must be a pain if you are the person delegated to sweeping up. Waiters take your order and there is usually a flurry of plate and cutlery changing depending upon what you have ordered. Two omelettes a 500ml bottle of water and a beer will cost you about 25 Euros. Your alternative is to eat out by the sea but there is not a massive difference in price if you order similar items in a similar environment. In fact, unless you walk down to the marina area where there is a collection of cafes selling all day breakfasts for €2.50 along with beer at €1 a pint then you will find Costa Adeje pretty expensive with current £/€ exchange rates.

Dinner
Dinner may be eaten at the Cascade (`a la carte) and some guests who hated the buffet restaurant ate dinner there most of the time. Sometimes they were happy, sometimes not. There is another ala carte restaurant (the Cupola?) in the main building with a more adventurous menu but I didn’t meet anyone who ate there so can offer no info.

The buffet restaurant gradually ground me down. I know plenty of TA contributors have said that they enjoyed the meals but I was lucky if I ended up with two items on my plate and my wife even less. As is typical there is a carvery section where you get your lump of meat and then scour the rest of the buffet with limited success for vegetables that will go with it. Usually Canarian potatoes are on offer which are small salty baked potatoes but that’s about it in the spud stakes. Apparently Tenerife grows 14 different types of potato. I wish someone would tell the chef. Elsewhere you can jostle for grilled meat whilst being shoved in the back by guests trying to serve themselves from the hot bins full of stews etc. I ate an awful lot of salad that fortnight. The Chinese cook is worth a look, he makes food whilst you wait and allows you to choose which ingredients you want in his wok. Looking back that was the largest and hottest meal I had during my stay. Finish off with cheeses, pastries and/or ice cream, just don’t expect real cream in the pastries, the ice cream is alright though.

After dinner.
There is an extremely spacious bar area on the ground floor which I assume fills in the winter months. Immediately outside is the entertainment area. In an elevated position adjacent to a dance floor there is an old fashioned bandstand which looks most attractive. Here a trio or quartet will entertain the guests with a selection of songs whilst they sip on their after dinner local brandy and espresso. €15 for the pair of you. Whilst on the subject, a beer will cost €4.50 and a vodka and tonic around €5. Don’t worry, just charge it to your account and cough up the bill at the end of the holiday. (About 30 euros a night should cover it for two people)
Each evening an act is brought in between 2130 and 2200 for about an hour. This can range between Polynesian dancers/face pullers, tribute acts, flamenco dancers and acrobatic routines. It’s all quite lively and diverting. I have noticed that some TA contributors have complained about the entertainment, what do they expect of a hotel in a Tenerife sea side resort, Kylie and Streisand?
At this point I should add that the waiters here are both well turned out and extremely efficient, well done them!

Hotel gardens/pools.
Plenty of sun-beds around but that doesn’t stop guests fixing their complimentary pool towels to their favourite beds in the dark. Remember it’s still dark at 0730 am. in September. It’s strange to see folks walking past the bed baggers on their way to breakfast before sunrise. In reality we found we could normally find a lounger somewhere at about 0930/10:00am.
There are two pools, one large heated seawater pool and a smaller one which is cooler. Between them is a Jacuzzi where the water jets are powerful enough to make a fellow’s eyes cross if he passes over them too closely. In all, the pools and grounds are excellent. Serious sun bathers can also use the attractive sundeck which overlooks the sea and the promenade area,
Use the lift at the sea end of the gardens and employ your room card to open the gates to the promenade. Turning left and then right down the next flight of steps will take you to a small parade of shops and cafes. There is a useful Spar supermarket along here if you wish to buy water or other drinks. (A 40 cent half litre of water here will cost you €2.40 in the restaurant, a rather excessive mark up to my mind) Continue along the sea front and you will end up at the marina with its associated “cheap as chips” shops and bars etc. Expect shop owners to drag you into their shops and flog you a €20 video camera in these parts.
Turn right along the prom when leaving the hotel and it’s a different thing altogether. Here there is extensive planting of shrubbery and grass areas. This is the promenade walk to Playa del Duque, and most pleasant it is too. It will take about 15 – 20 minutes to stroll along the surf lined walk into Playa del Duque and you will probably wish you were staying there. The beach has been augmented with Saharan sand and new grass skirt type parasols make a nice change from the grimness of the Toviscas/Fanabe beaches. Playa del Duque is a strange place in some ways as it is as though the Disney organisation had turned up and told them how to do it. The shopping area is made up of a maze of low rise buildings built of local stone creating interlocking (expensive!) shops and restaurants. It’s all quite attractive. Away from the beach area is a large modern Plaza selling every high end fashion and jewellery label. This is the real thing not dodgy knock of stuff. Just who is buying this I don’t know as I didn’t see people flocking to spend the hundreds (or thousands) of euros needed to shop here. A clue might be the banks with names in the Cyrillic alphabet. Either way the millions of Euros spent to build Playa del Duque has produced an impressive result. I should add here that this area may be accessed quicker by leaving the hotel at the front entrance and turning left. Ten minutes walk will get you into Playa del Duque passing some more affordable shops and good newsagents on the way. As a fellow guest said to me, “I get my TIMES there”
Finally I would say that the hotel is a very stylish establishment with high standards of cleanliness and a fine staff. My wife loved it (well except for the food) If I was going again I would choose a Bed and Breakfast option. Then again, do I really want to spend this sort of money for this location? There are rather more attractive parts of the world though I must tell you that I met people who have returned year after year, 13 times in one instance, a lady who said she is spending over £7000 to return at Christmas and the New Year and she wasn’t crazy about the food either. Extraordinary!

2  Thank Bronzedoff

Thank you very much for your very detailed comment about your stay with us. We are sorry to read that we did not reach all your expectations. Our aim is to have happy clients, clients that spend relaxing holidays in our hotel and are very sad to read that we could not reach this aim in your case.
As you said, booking just bed and breakfast would be an option as there are nice restaurants nearby.
We hope that we may welcome you again in the future and maybe next time we are able to reach your expectations.

Take care.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

This was our 1st stay at this hotel although we have stayed in Tenerife before. I think the best thing about this hotel is the service nothing is too much trouble. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We booked a garden view and were upgraded on arrival to a sea view. The room was excellent and the bed very comfy.
Our waiter in the restaurant was Mario he was great and made our stay even more enjoyable. It was my birthday whilst we were away ( not a special one ) but were suprised when we came back from the pool in the afternoon to find a bottle of cava waiting for us in our room.
Struggle to find a negative about this hotel. From the moment we arrived it was a very special experience.
We will definitely be re booking in the near future.

Glyn & Kay Tither

4  Thank Kay T
Jefe-de-reservas, Director General at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Dear Mr and Mrs Tither,

thank you very much for having stayed at our hotel and for sharing your experiences here on tripadvisor.com. We are very glad to read that we could reach your expectations. We always give our best to make the stay of our guests as enjoyable as posible, and we hope we did in your case too. We are happy to hear that you liked our little birthday surprise and hope you enjoyed you room upgrade.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future and ask you not to hesitate to contact us if you have any question regarding a future booking.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We spent 1 week holiday here in Sept. The taxi from the airport is around 22 euros.
We booked a suite and by arrival we received a free upgrade for a superior suite. Room was excellent, with huge balcony facing to the garden and partly to the ocean. This hotel is good choice who are seeking for relaxing holiday w/o disturbing noises. Garden is like a botenical garden unfortunately overcrowded with sunbeds.
The breakfast was excellent. For those who booked any kind of suite can have a'la catre breakfast in a separated restaurant inside the hotel, until 11 A.M.!!!!!!!!
Staff was all outstandingly kind and helpful. We rented a car inside the hotel around 60 euro/day.
Only one disturbing moment was: we put some water and wine into the minibar that was bought outside the hotel. The day after we received a letter from management that we should remove them, otherwise they do so, as it is forbidden to use for our drinks. After this I called the reception and asked for the manager who said this is their policy, because they do not want to allow any drinks from outside the hotel...or we can pay 5 euros to use the minibar/day!!! After paying cca 2 000 euros for a week it is ridiculous to ask money for using a minibar in our room.
We recommend you to visit restaurants by taxi/car in the nearby towns, all better than in the seashore...
- Tasca de mi abuelo (tapas)
- Reserva de mi abuelo (tapas)
- Sama Sama (italian)
- Rosso sul mare (italian)
- Otello 1-2(garlic chicken!!!)
-. Meson castellano

We would return.

7  Thank Limlom13

Thank you very much for your comment about your stay with us and for your constructive critic about our mini bar policy.
We are glad to hear that you had a nice time in our hotel Jardines de Nivaria and that you enjoyed your upgrade to a superior suite.

We hope that we may welcome you again in our hotel. Please feel free to contact us regarding your booking.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

This was our second stay at this Hotel. The grounds and rooms were immaculate and the service was very good. The quality of the food was excellent and the location was brilliant.
The nighttime entertainment wasn,t particularly good, but a short walk along the prom allows guests access to a number of bars and clubs with a different range of shows and bands.
I used the gym at the Hotel which was well equipped.
I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Khan710
Jefe-de-reservas, Director General at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Thank you very much for your nice words about your second stay with us. We are glad to hear that we could reach your expectations again, because we always give our best to make the stay of our clients as enjoyable as possible.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the future; we remain at your entire service at all times.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This Hotel gets it right in every way. From the welcome drink in reception we were looked after the whole time. Although we arrived late on the first night & dinner service was almost over the waiters were friendly & helpful & did not rush us even to the point when my daughter arrived ( She works in Tenerife & was the reason for our visit) they moved us to a larger table even though she wasnt dining. The room was a junior suite which had a large lounge, seperate bedroom with 8ft bed & a very large bathroom. Both rooms had large flatscreen tvs & all the English channels BBC, ITV, Channel4 etc were available. We were on the ground floor but although we had no view we did have our own private garden which was very nice. The breakfasts were marvellous even cava available plus every type of juice fresh squeezed. Dinners were also great & food was cooked to order on the buffet. The pool area is very well landscaped & there is a buzzer on every sun umbrella from which you can summon a waiter to bring drinks or snacks. There is entertainment at night but it is not great & there is a large proportion of older people staying. That said anyone looking for a luxury hotel in Tenerife would go a long way to find better than this. Excellent hotel and great value for money

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are very spacious and good value. You can upgrade to sea or pool view but we were...
5  Thank DurhamMandM

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time in writing a comment about your stay with us. We are very glad to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and hope that we could reach your expectations.

We hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Thanks again for sharing you experiences about your stay with us.