“Great relaxing winter break”

Hotel Suite Villa Maria
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great relaxing winter break”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were looking for a warm winter break in Tenerife, away from the hustle bustle.... Hotel Villa Maria didn't disappoint. Great villas, with tranquility, lovely complex and few people when we were there. Wifi in rooms doesn't work but we followed someone else's advice and bought Apple airport at Gatwick and had our own network. The villas are up the hill a bit from Caleta, no issue and some lovely restaurants in the village. Albeit it's near a golf course playing golf is not required. Breakfast including champagne is great and plentiful, staff very welcoming ... Hotel restaurant a bit expensive if you aren't on half board. Would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ToraTom
Mª Victoria G, General Manager at Hotel Suite Villa Maria, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent stay at the Hotel Suite Villa María and for recommending us to your friends & family.

It was a pleasure having you at our Villas, we try hard to avoid overcrowding at common places in order to offer our guests the best relax and comfort and it is nice to read that you felt it.

Regarding Wifi, we are working really hard to cover all hotel areas with a really good connection, we expect to have it fixed in a ver y few days.

Our staff will be happy to welcome you again. please contact us if you want us to organise your next visit to Tenerife.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Czech first
Lichfield, Staffordshire
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from Hotel Suite Villa Maria and would like to share our findings. The accommodation and cleanliness was first class. Service was very good and waiters very accommodating, friendly and efficient. There was everything you could ask for on offer at breakfast and the standard of the food was excellent. We were able to get a table out on the terrace in the sun which was great. The breakfast times were from 7 - 11 so there was no hustle and bustle or pushing when getting your food. Everyone was polite. We had a one bedroom standard villa which was first class. It had a lounge with dining table, big tv, kitchenette which was very well equipped with what looked like new cookware, a shower room and toilet. Upstairs was the quite large bedroom with walk on balcony and en-suite with double washbasins, bath and separate shower and separate toilet. There was a good size patio with a settee and table and chairs and an area with astro turf and two sun beds.

There were two swimming pools and one childrens' pool which were nicely laid out. There were lots of sunbeds for everyone and no towels laid out on beds!

There is one thing I would suggest and that is if you want a view - request a higher villa. We stayed in 51 and that was ideal overlooking the putting green below, and the sea beyond. I would suggest that the villas at the front are probably not the best and these overlook the road.The villa site is on a slope so for anyone finding walking up or down slopes/steps need to consider this, but it isn't that bad.

The location was a little isolated but within easy reach of a stroll down to La Caleta where there are a few restaurants, but no beach. You need to catch the hotel free bus service and go to Del Duque which has a really nice beach and facilities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a quiet place to stay but within easy reach of more busy resorts.

Room Tip: Villas 46 - 53
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dorothy01
Mª Victoria G, General Manager at Hotel Suite Villa Maria, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you very much for sharing with us your last and positive experience at Hotel Suite Villa María, It was a pleasure for us to have you at our facilities. We try everyday to improve to fulfill our guests expectations, and it´s wonderful to read that we have done it with you.

Also, we are happy to know that the Villa where you stayed was comfortable, clean and spacious for your needs, all our Villas have such a beautiful sea views where you can relax, all of them are overlooking the Atlantic and the mountains on the other view.

You can also enjoy our golf course Los Lagos, whare you can enjoy this sport surrounded of nature, mountains in one side and the ocean in the other one.

I would like to invite you to discover in your next visit our restaurant La Torre, where our chef, David Moraga, will be waiting for you to prepare his creative and delicious dishes, you will love it, for sure.

Our staff hope to see you soon in Tenerife.

Elgin - Scotland
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Having used Trip advisor to select this Hotel I am only to delighted to report back on it.

Where though does one start with an establishment of this quality?!

On arrival we were welcomed, quickly checked in and then taken by Golf cart up to our villa, we selected a 3 bedroom villa even though it was only two of us and our 3yr old daughter.

The villa was not done justice by the images on various websites! but I can confirm they are spacious! very modern! contemporary and immaculately clean! the 3 bedrooms have a pool which is plenty big enough, we swam and entertained our daughter in there for hours.

I would define the villas as to a very high standard.

To provide a little more info this is not really a hotel, it is a reception area which controls 78 villas, all of the villas are easily accessible from reception, we were number 18 which is one of the furthest off villas but none are more than 100-125 metres.

There is a 24hr reception, pool bar which serves food from around mid day to 1800hrs, then you have a restaurant upstairs from reception which serves until 2300hrs.

Also present, are a mini market which is great, gym, hairdressers and internet access.

The wifi is very good in the reception area but is not yet live around the resort, the hotel were telling me they are working on this but really we had internet on our phones (3G) anyway so it was not an issue really, I could pick up the villa Maria wifi from the villa but it did not work! it does work fine from reception or pool, restaurant areas.

We used all facility's including room service on many occasions and we found everything to be of consistent and good quality.

The staff make this place, we did not find one who was not hospitable, friendly, great with kids and helpful, being a large scale employer myself, I can attest that this is no mean feat.. Fantastic people.

We managed fine with no hire car, and spent most days lounging by the pool, playing with our daughter at the various indoor and outdoor play areas provided or just eating and drinking! it is no word of a lie that I had a tear in my eye as I said good bye to the staff at the pool bar on our last day! I can only assume that they will still be there the next time we visit such is the job satisfaction those personnel appear to hold.

I tested every aspect of the food service and NO is not a word I like to hear in the restaurant trade! and the great news is that I did not hear that fateful word once, previous reviews I read suggested that there was little flexibility in the food service. Thankfully, we found that even when requesting items or cooking styles not on the menus,that our requests were met without the slightest hint of protest.

There is a supermarket 1 mile up the road, and it's 15 minutes walk down to la caleta! not that I would recommend la caleta as it's frankly pretty poor.

Plaza duque is more recommended for shopping and there are a few suitable eateries around there between fanabe beach and la caleta.

Villa Maria is not cheap, we paid 3000+ euros for accommodation! them around 150-200 euro per day for food for 3 of us on site there. We were happy with the convenience of that and enjoyed this place so very much indeed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Glen_10
Mª Victoria G, General Manager at Hotel Suite Villa Maria, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for writing this lines about your last experience at the Hotel Suite Villa María and the wonderful days you spent with your family. Our staff try to improve everyday to make you feel as if you were at home, even better, offering you our services and helping you in what you need at anytime. We apologize about the wifi signal at the Villas and, in fact, we are working on it and we hope to have it solved as soon as possible.

I would like to inform you about our kids areas specially designed for them, where your children will enjoy playing and doing fun activities. Also, if you would like to discover Tenerife, you could find at the reception our excursions booking service.

We hope to receive you soon again at the hotel Suite Villa María, and if you want to enjoy the same comfortable Villa, just let us know, and we would do our best to please you.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have just returned from a week at Hotel Suite Villa Maria with my family, children age range 10-20. I cannot fault our stay in this hotel. We have stayed in various other ones, 5* included on the Island before as we come to Tenerife most years but I am pleased to say there will be no more looking! The villa we stayed in is private & spacious & kept beautifully clean daily. The staff were polite and friendly at all times but still remained professional.
We ate out most evenings but enjoyed the incredible buffet breakfast and pool bar lunches most days. I also managed a session in the perfectly well equipped gym every evening.
I heard the hotel was full to capacity when we were there but it never felt like it which is an incredible achievement on their part; many free sun beds round the pool, always a table at breakfast & lunch, & generally a relaxed atmosphere around the place.
The hotel I think caters for all sorts, families with young as well as older children. Couples, even singles. A truly relaxing but family fun week- we will so be back Villa Maria!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie H
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you very much for sharing with us your last experience at the Hotel Suite Villa María, we try to improve everyday to turn your days into an unforgettable experience in Tenerife, so it is a pleasure to read your lines.

Our staff will be waiting for you soon and we would like to invite you and your family to visit the hotel’s restaurant, La Torre, where you can enjoy the creative and delicious dishes made at the moment and with fresh and first quality products by our Chef, David Moraga, who will be happy to receive you.

Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I had never been to Tenerife before and we like to be away from the hustle and bustle of big resort centres but not in the middle of nowhere. We were very dubious as to whether this was going to be possible on Tenerife but Villa Maria was just what we needed and more. Whilst there were only two of us we had a two bedroomed villa with a large outdoor area in the form of a patio/garden downstairs, with sun loungers, armchairs and a table and four chairs for outside dining. Upstairs was a lovely large balcony with two more deep-cushioned wicker armchairs. The panoramic views from both outside areas was fantastic panning from the mountain tops over the Costa Adeja and across to La Gomera. Inside the villa there was an excellent kitchenette with a decent sized fridge and indoor eating area, plus a lounge area with 2 x settees and large screen TV. The bedrooms and bathrooms were well equipped and with plenty of room and storage. The pool area is excellent divided into two swimming pools with a separate childrens pool. The staff were very helpful and the team in the restaurant were excellent. The food was excellent and champagne with the very extensive breakfast choices was a lovely start to the day. I like to go scuba diving and the reception team organised my diving with the excellent Aquanautic Club/Barracuda Club dive centre in Playa Paraiso, who provided transport to and from the hotel. The fishing village of La Caleta, just a few minutes downhill walk from the Villas, has excellent seafront fish restaurants and taxis are plentiful so no need to walk back up to the Villas. This Villa Hotel really has wow factor and we will certainly be hoping to return very soon.

Room Tip: I would suggest ask for a room away from the pool area if you want total peace and relaxation.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MargueriteVNewman
Mª Victoria G, General Manager at Hotel Suite Villa Maria, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you very much for sharing with us your last positive experience at the Hotel Suite Villa María, we are really happy to read that it fulfilled your expectations. It was a pleasure for us to turn your stay into a perfect and unforgettable experience for you.

We would like to inform you about our course Golf Costa Adeje, one of the best golf courses on the island with wonderful views, perfect to practice this sport between the scuba diving and pool time. Maybe you like to try it in your next visit to Tenerife.

Our staff will be happy to receive you again soon.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Travelling with my parents the six of us enjoyed the 3 bedrom villa situated nicely above the golf course. It looked good on the pics but was actually even nicer in real life! Each of the bedrooms has it's own bathroom, and the pool is lovely. The villa is spacious and a real threat. The hotel is situated uphill from the cosy small town Caleta. Here you could stroll down in 10 mins and enjoy a nice meal at the seafront. No sales persons hasseling you either. A real authentic experience. If you prefer to dine at the hotel the restaurant and pool bar are excellent choices. Especially the breakfast is good. Moet Chandon champagne each morning makes it a good start! Fresh fruit, cortado, croissants, eggs, and more. My kids aged 5 and 10 enjoyed kids club every day. Lot's of activities at no extra cost. We have travelled quite a bit and lived in several countries and this hotel is at the top of my list. Highly reccomended! Only downside is poor Wifi, so couldn't watch House of cards season 2...but also nice to relax outside by the pool in the evening.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Heine S
bencastro, General Manager at Hotel Suite Villa Maria, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear guest,

First at all, thank you very much for sharing with us your recently experience at the Hotel Suite Villa María. We are proud to read your stay has been almost perfect and also, that your kids have enjoyed our children activities and special areas designed for them.

We hope to receive you soon again, and if you wish the same comfortable Villa, just let us know and we will do our best to offer you another unforgettable experience.

Midlands
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Just returned from a one week stay in a two bedroomed villa...two toddlers in tow, aged 3 and 2. To say I was impressed is an understatement. The staff were superb and could not do enough..., villas were spacious and perfect for toddlers. Cot and stair gates in place for our arrival...bedding in cot was just lovely and little bath toiletry set was a nice touch. Villa cleaned every day to a very high standard. The greatest advantage for me was the fact that the complex was very child-friendly without being a complex designed just for children. Breakfast choice was fantastic, pools were so quiet and relaxing....I cannot recommend highly enough. We will most definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank GDSNJH
bencastro, General Manager at Hotel Suite Villa Maria, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your feelings about your stay at the hotel Suite Villa María. It´s a pleasure for us to read you´ve enjoyed your stay with your family and your children have enjoyed our facilities specially designed for them.

We´ll be happy to receive you again at the hotel in the next future, please contact us to prepare your next visit to Tenerife.

Mª Victoria Gómez Hernán