Fabulous Hotel. It’s all so well presented. Immaculately clean throughout. Stayed in the Las Villas section which is quieter than the main hotel. But the full hotel facilities are a very short walk away. So you have the best of all worlds. A luxurious suite with your own terrace and private sun facing loungers with full access to the host of quality restaurants and facilities of the main hotel.
Las Villas itself has a exclusive swimming pool and breakfast area as well as complimentary Champagne and snacks area in the clubhouse.
The food within the main hotel has improved significantly over the last three years. Dined at all the theme restaurants during our stay. These are what await you.
1) El Bernegal 6/10 – Beautiful buffet style dining with theme evenings. Eat under cover or on the large terrace. Great friendly service with chefs who cook fish and meat to your requirements. Fresh salads and traditional Canaries sweets. Go back for as much as you want. Sea food night is one not to miss.
2) Beach Restaurant 6/10 Lunch time Paella or a lovely Prawn Salad washed down with a Sangria or glass of wine. Nice atmosphere if you are not a smoker watch out as the outside is a smoking area.
3) La Trattoria 6/10 is the Italian. Significantly improve choice now and great pasta and meats as you would expect. Take a look at the entrance to the inside section, also has dinning on a terrace setting which gives you a view of the evening’s entertainment.
4) La Tasca 7/10 is the Spanish Restaurant extra friendly service and some great Paella dishes as well as good steaks cooked on stone.
5) La Hacienda- 5/10 Mexican/Italian which makes it difficult to fully focus and also they have to cater for passer-by’s outside the hotel So it’s a tough job for them However they do prioritise hotel guests defiantly still worth a try especially if you like spicy.
6) La Brasserie 8/10 French style and Fabulous. Try the Onion Soup or the Fried Foie Gras, the Chateaubriand for two and the Crepe Suzette are also top notch and yet again offering a great service as with all the Restaurants.
7) Asia-Kan 9/10 Asian fusion an absolute must many great dishes but try the soups and the Duck but then it’s all amazing.
8) Las Aguas 9/10 is the fine dining restaurant and delivers a Michelin Star type meal. Not all dishes make it but there are plenty of real triumphs in its fare. Great wine selection also. Attentive service by well trained staff.
In fact the wine selection throughout the Restaurants is very good with some Spanish dry whites as well as a selection of French and some great Spanish Reds from the more elegant Ribera region. For those of us who have tired of the Rioja experience. When you stay here make sure you go exploring the hotel and its facilities it a breath-taking set up. Remember to find time to visit the little Observatory as well as the lovely spa facilities. Wherever you go you will find little bars or a terrace area to relax. If you can try and choose a stay that includes your own sun loungers then this will really make your stay perfect. This is standard in Las Villas also the Casas Ducals section and in certain other parts of the hotel including some suites otherwise you will get into the stressful game of early morning towel placement on sun lounger/beds that to be honest at a hotel of this standard is a bit embarrassing. Otherwise relax and enjoy one of the finest hotels anywhere, great food, great service and generally good temperatures all year round with low humidity. Just 4 hours away. Looking forward to the next visit? absolutely, have already started saving up..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Duque is a charming hotel inspired by the traditional Canarian architecture of the end of the 19th century. This adaptation of a tropical oasis rises majestically on the azure shores of the beautiful Duque Beach. Apart from the original 19 buildings of the resort, 40 exclusive villas designed by the prestigious interior decorator Pascua Ortega have been opened in January 2008. Additionally, the inauguration of the luxurious Spa is planned for this summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bahia del Duque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Bahia Del Duque Adeje
- Gran Resort Bahia Del Duque
- Bahia Del Duque Tenerife/Costa Adeje