Stunning hotel, beautiful architecture. Got an upgrade to the most amazing room. BUT...
1. Its December so pool water is not warm. Heated pool was EMPTY when we arrived.. took 3 days to fill it up. The pool above was also supposed to be heated, but was too cold to swim in. Only the BABY pool was warm so there must have been over 80 people in 2 rows of sunbeds around the tiniest of pools.. just for kids of ALL ages to be able to swim. Yet the mammoth pool at the bottom of the resort was just sitting there, too cold to swim. The management need to rethink the whole pool situation.. The large pool at the bottom should be the heated pool..its large enough to cope with all the kids and has sunbeds all around so parents can see their kids (the top 2 pools have no seating around the edge of the pool - something very important for parents of kids). Its such an obvious move that I cant believe no-one has thought of it before.
2. Evening entertainment is poor and aimed at very young kids, but nothing for 7+ who dont want a mini disco with 3 year olds.
Food was excellent however, with lots of variety.
Oh and 2 lizards found in my room on 2 separate nights!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Duque is a charming hotel inspired by the traditional Canarian architecture of the end of the 19th century. This adaptation of a tropical oasis rises majestically on the azure shores of the beautiful Duque Beach. Apart from the original 19 buildings of the resort, 40 exclusive villas designed by the prestigious interior decorator Pascua Ortega have been opened in January 2008. Additionally, the inauguration of the luxurious Spa is planned for this summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bahia del Duque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Bahia Del Duque Adeje
- Gran Resort Bahia Del Duque
- Bahia Del Duque Tenerife/Costa Adeje